What's new

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you managed to finish the grow without ending up empty-handed @Common Sense Plants that were interrupted during flowering and experienced re-vegetation accumulate much more chlorophyll, resulting in a harsher smoke or vape. It also looks like she had too many nutrients stored at harvest time and didn't have enough time to flush and fade for a proper, more natural end product. A long curing period will be required to soften the harshness.

Common Sense

Glad you managed to finish the grow without ending up empty-handed @Common Sense Plants that were interrupted during flowering and experienced re-vegetation accumulate much more chlorophyll, resulting in a harsher smoke or vape. It also looks like she had too many nutrients stored at harvest time and didn't have enough time to flush and fade for a proper, more natural end product. A long curing period will be required to soften the harshness.
Thanks @dubi, I believe everything in your post is on the spot. Completely agree.
I did get 30 g dry weight out of it and the second harvested batch (plant minus tops), which got 5 more days, is already developing some of the typical Kali China scent.
KC 6_24 1.jpg KC 6_24 2.jpg
I had taken a clone from this plant 33 days after flip and it took a long time to reveg completely, 2 full months to be exact. It is my first clone (together with the Zamaldelica) and also my first outdor attempt.
It is also a test for a new potting soil (Frux Bio Blumenerde -torffrei-) I recently bought and so far, she seems to love it (just straight out of the bag, no additives). Really started vegetative growth only recently after the up-potting, which coincided with dramatically improved weather as well.
KC 20240630_1.jpg KC 20240630_2.jpg

Never seen such a happy plant in my grows before. She does get 16 h of daylight at the moment and is getting at least 10h of full sun on that south facing terrace on 3d floor level. She really loved some of the hotter days recently. This all despite I did observe some spider mites damage today and sprayed her with neem. I have seen all kinds of pests on that balcony and expected white fly or aphids mainly, but I was wrong, seem to be mites:
IMG_20240630_124024_1.jpg IMG_20240630_124151.jpg IMG_20240630_124500.jpg

Tranquilidade

Kali China x Oldschool Haze (Aromas are mostly floral, hazy citrus with hints of incense, but I'm sure it will change after the cure.)
Kali China x Outback Haze (Has very complex and rich aromas such as lime, lime soda, pine, floral, exotic sour fruit and some grilled meat/onions aspect but almost unnoticeable in the background. Kinda reminds me purple Thai Chi pheno, but more complex with more lime/pine thing going on. It has a better bag appeal although a smaller yielder than KC x Oldschool Haze. Both harvested at week 10. Smoke reports very soon.

IMG_5648-2.jpg
IMG_5671.JPG
IMG_5679.JPG

Last edited:

juh

Hello @dubi ,everyone,

I was wondering what version of Kali Mist seeds we received as a gift with my a5 panama?
And does the incense aspect that many describe in the flavors from the KC sound a bit like a haze?

Thank you and peace to all!

Green Zenit

Kali China about 40 days old, it began its life with a black tip on the tap root, felt represented as the black sheep of the family so she got the big shoes and outside spot. Around 45 lt of organic compost, neem cake, perlite, bat guano and some bone and blood dry amending. Loving it outside even tho getting full sun for just about 5 hours a day.

IMG_5808.jpeg
IMG_6057.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello @dubi ,everyone,

I was wondering what version of Kali Mist seeds we received as a gift with my a5 panama?
And does the incense aspect that many describe in the flavors from the KC sound a bit like a haze?

Thank you and peace to all!

Hi @juh we don't sell straight Kali Mist seeds. Are you talking about Nepal Mist ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Kali China x Oldschool Haze (Aromas are mostly floral, hazy citrus with hints of incense, but I'm sure it will change after the cure.)
Kali China x Outback Haze (Has very complex and rich aromas such as lime, lime soda, pine, floral, exotic sour fruit and some grilled meat/onions aspect but almost unnoticeable in the background. Kinda reminds me purple Thai Chi pheno, but more complex with more lime/pine thing going on. It has a better bag appeal although a smaller yielder than KC x Oldschool Haze. Both harvested at week 10. Smoke reports very soon.

View attachment 19026234 View attachment 19026235 View attachment 19026237

Thanks a lot @Tranquilidade for sharing pics and comments on the 2 new Kali China hybrids before harvest :) exciting times ahead! Both hybrids work (as i initially expected) as Thai Chi: columnar plants of short-moderate size and flowering time that are easy to grow indoors, which flowers deliver lots of fine sativa qualities. I'm eager to hear your opinion after a bit of curing when you are more familiarized with the harvest, enjoy! 🙌

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks also to @moofingaround and @Green Zenit for giving a try to Kali China oudoors :D

Zenit, she is more than happy in the big pot, soil mix and good care she's receiving 👌
She looks a classic China Yunnan green expression!

Moofing, yours on the other hand obviously lean to purple side of the genepool, closer to elite purple KC 21-4 mother, which grows just like that, very purple (much more than average in the strain) and long nodes.
Yours is probably KC 21-4 S1, although if she is quite vigorous then it's most probably KC 21-15 x KC 21-4. We will learn more during flowering.

She is showing macro nutrient deficiencies, so check ph, ec.
Also, she will be more than happy to be planted in the soil, or at least to a bigger pot.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Kali China has been the same since 2016, using the exact same parent plants in the exact same combination.
Kindly check this thread in depth for more detailed info.

juh

Kali China est le même depuis 2016, utilisant exactement les mêmes plantes mères dans exactement la même combinaison.
Veuillez consulter ce fil en profondeur pour des informations plus détaillées.
L'arôme de l'encens est-il similaire à l'arôme typique de la brume ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Oui. Haze is best known for its cerebral, uplifting, and psychedelic effects, along with its signature incense smell when burnt, which is highly appreciated by sativa lovers.

The Kali Mist and China Yunnan parent plants selected to create Kali China were both very incense, and Kali China was also heavily selected and inbred for incensey terpene profiles. Please check previous info in this thread, as all this has been already explained.

champloo

Hi everyone,
I'm growing Kali China for the first time and I'm very excited after reading so many positive things about it. I'm not sure about the date I switched to 12/12 but it should be around 23.06-26.06. I can't say much about the smell yet because I still have a bit of a cold, but i would say it's sweet and creamy. The China yunnan next to her smells the same, only a little stronger, which is probably because it was faster building first pistils.
I hope everything goes smoothly and I can test this beautiful strain soon. :giggle:
Peace✌️

Attachments

• Kali_China20240718.jpg
    Kali_China20240718.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 48
  • Kali_China_headbud20240718.jpg
    Kali_China_headbud20240718.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 54
  • China_Yunnan20240718.jpg
    China_Yunnan20240718.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 51
  • China_Yunnan_headbud20240718.jpg
    China_Yunnan_headbud20240718.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 51

gedLang

Hi everyone,
I'm growing Kali China for the first time and I'm very excited after reading so many positive things about it. I'm not sure about the date I switched to 12/12 but it should be around 23.06-26.06. I can't say much about the smell yet because I still have a bit of a cold, but i would say it's sweet and creamy. The China yunnan next to her smells the same, only a little stronger, which is probably because it was faster building first pistils.
I hope everything goes smoothly and I can test this beautiful strain soon. :giggle:
Peace✌️
It's great to see these two grown next to each other! A good opportunity to understand the influence of the Yunnan on Kali China. I look forward to a smoke report.

Consolidated

I've grow the KC a few times so far.
They were all excellent..... but the last one was from another planet.
Steal the show with serious opponents ... such as Pangi, Pan/Mal and others
Excellent both in the head and in its taste.
https://www.icmag.com/media/k-c.17413165/
https://www.icmag.com/media/18-more-nld-foxtailed-kali-china.17413164/
https://www.icmag.com/media/kali-china.17413166/
https://www.icmag.com/media/kali-china.17413167/

I've missed it and I can't wait for it to be in my jars again.