What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Joe Biden Thread

Gry

Veteran
Have you done any research into the production of solar, wind, and the batteries? You do realize the sun only shines part of the day.

Wind is the biggest boondoggle, it takes more energy to produce wind turbines, than they can produce in the life of said turbine.

Oil is still required for thousands of industrial processes. Every motor requires lubrication, petroleum based lubrication.

The only energy source that can replace a significant portion of our energy needs is nuclear .
Thank fully that is not true.
There is no more expensive way to produce energy than with the nuclear approach, which is a merely a front for the weapons industry.
Oil is a resource of value, and we were and are blessed to have it.
The pound Sterling used to be the currency the world traded on.
That changed when the UK failed to navigate the change from one
form of energy to another.
If we continue to listen to lobbyist of a dying industry, our country
is going to experience exactly the same thing the UK did when their
Pound Sterling fell to our Dollar.
It is generally acknowledged that having your currency selected as the
global means of exchange adds twenty percent to the value.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Id rather see more natural gas used instead of Petrol. All engines can be converted to use NG. Natural gas emits 50 to 60 percent less Co2.
Transportation is the largest contribution to green house gasses.

packerfan79

Veteran
There is no more expensive way to produce energy than with the nuclear approach, which is a merely a front for the weapons industry.

I never said nuclear was cheaper, don't put words in my mouth. Start up cost are big, but long term nuclear is the cheapest, safest, and most reliable form of energy production.

Every resource is a resource of value. All you ever do is talk in circles. Never a genuine answer to a question I am still waiting for you to explain what a leftist is 5 months later. Lol.

You should probably give the politics a break, you are becoming more, and more like the moron class of TDS all stars. You are capable of much better.

Its only a front for nuclear weapons in Iran.

It's a shame friends can't have honest discussions. I guess it's a prime example of why nothing will ever get fixed.

packerfan79

Veteran
Technically I think that's not completely true, but if we don't come up with something a lot better(like viable fusion), we're definitely not going to be able to keep having large families and be able to explore the stars. We'll be lucky we don't all choke and starve at this rate.

Very few Americans have large families. I believe the average is 2.3. It's a crying shame, kids need brothers and sisters to learn how to interact with people. Having 1 child is what has lead to a few generations of spoiled brats, who are incapable of doing an honest days work.

Elon Musk seems to have a pretty good handle on exploring the stars. I am sure hes not the only one. Unfortunately, with millennial coming of age, we will have at least 1 generation that actually regresses. Evolution in rewind.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Id rather see more natural gas used instead of Petrol. All engines can be converted to use NG. Natural gas emits 50 to 60 percent less Co2.
Transportation is the largest contribution to green house gasses.

Ultimately it's hydrogen. Solves the problems of making and disposing batteries. 100% clean and all you need is electricity and water.

Hempy McNoodle

I'm a big fan of roof top solar for our homes. I want independence. PG&E has lobbied successfully to make it illegal to store your own solar energy in CA and the law mandates that you be plugged into the grid and thus must pay PG&E a minimum of $10 for just an account fee. The Dems and Deep State control CA and what they hate the most is personal freedom, liberty, and independence.

Hempy McNoodle

I'm a big fan of roof top solar for our homes. I want independence. PG&E has lobbied successfully to make it illegal to store your own solar energy in CA and the law mandates that you be plugged into the grid and thus must pay PG&E a minimum of $10 for just an account fee. The Dems and Deep State control CA and what they hate the most is personal freedom, liberty, and independence.

Fortunately, for me, I live in a squalid Democrat-run shithole (low income community). So, I get to have my energy discounted.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

Down the road, I can see solar panels running your house and charging your hydrogen car. At night, your hydrogen car can power your house. PG&E will be toast.

Vote for people who want to make this happen. People who tell you windmills go whew whew whew and cause cancer are full of shit.

packerfan79

Veteran
Glen Greenwald has resigned from the intercept, because he was censored for covering the Biden emails.

You lefty's still think Trump is a threat to the press.

Klompen

Very few Americans have large families. I believe the average is 2.3. It's a crying shame, kids need brothers and sisters to learn how to interact with people. Having 1 child is what has lead to a few generations of spoiled brats, who are incapable of doing an honest days work.

Elon Musk seems to have a pretty good handle on exploring the stars. I am sure hes not the only one. Unfortunately, with millennial coming of age, we will have at least 1 generation that actually regresses. Evolution in rewind.

Charles Lindbergh was an only child and he was hardly lazy. I have never noticed that to be a big indicator of industriousness. The best manager I ever had was an only child. Dude was cool with weed but also worked his ass off and was always reliable.

Every generation gets old, starts to forget what it was like to be a little kid, gets a bit curmudgeonly, and starts to think "Oh those stupid short-sighted kids with all their idealism"; all while not realizing they're mostly just a little bit older version of those same clueless kids. You get older and learn to kill your dreams, and after a while that can breed contempt for dreams. Vision has always been required for progress and I don't see how anyone could be blind to the need for actual progress right now instead of whatever madness you want to call our current system.

Klompen

Traditional nuclear not only needs to die out, but largely should have never been done in the first place. Still, there are so many different types of things that can be labelled as "nuclear". I highly recommend looking into LENR fusion and high temp fusion projects like the tokamak. Practical fusion is a big deal. We literally could live without the sun. We could explore the galaxy. Fusion is the future. Solar only works close to stars and good luck turning a windmill in space. I can talk more about some of this privately, but I do have a solution.

We'll need to start looking to deep space for salvation soon I think because if Republicans have their way the planet is going to end up like Venus so we can have faster trade routes through the arctic.

redlaser

Veteran
United States chose a uranium/plutonium based nuclear energy program specifically to have material to make weapons as well. Thorium would have been a better choice, not perfect, but the half lifes on the waste wouldn’t have been so long.
Nuclear energy always came with a promise of “we will get better technology to deal with the waste” that never has materialized.
I’ve lived within ten miles of one in the past, friends dad spent his whole career there, it’s a superfund site now because it maxed out its storage, has above and below ground storage.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
United States chose a uranium/plutonium based nuclear energy program specifically to have material to make weapons as well. Thorium would have been a better choice, not perfect, but the half lifes on the waste wouldn’t have been so long.
Nuclear energy always came with a promise of “we will get better technology to deal with the waste” that never has materialized.
I’ve lived within ten miles of one in the past, friends dad spent his whole career there, it’s a superfund site now because it maxed out its storage, has above and below ground storage.

gonna be plenty of empty space in trump properties soon!:D