What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Jarilla Sinaloa x Destroyer F2 Colorado Sativas

D

Deleted member 534625

Oh yea… so I was just feeding rain water in the beginning and I was under the impression it was 6.5 but that was my first storage container. The second container was more like 7.5 and I didn’t notice until they started showing a potassium deficiency. I have it back down at 5.8 with some cal mag and they are bouncing back beautifully.

I wish I could say that I knew these types but the landrace stuff is all new to me.

D

Deleted member 534625

So I left for some clinical sessions for school (fun stuff haha) and my wife was left to watch the plants. They did ok but some nutrient deficiency was festering a bit and so I repotted and mixed up my first batch of low dose flora trio, and cal mag. One note is that the root system was quite long and very well developed.

Here’s a forum cut GSC from my current flowering room. Pretty low in the weight department but the buds are quite dense and crystalline. Should be two weeks out. I had her out of the tent for a min so I figured I would take a shot sans purple light filter.

Attachments

• IMG_6611.jpeg
    IMG_6611.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 534625

Update for personal journal, everyone got topped today. The two communion are starting off well and everyone should be moved in to the big tent in a week or so. Planning on picking up a couple of UVA lights for supplemental.

Attachments

• IMG_6640.jpeg
    IMG_6640.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6641.jpeg
    IMG_6641.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
D

Deleted member 534625

Well, this may sound like silly logic but I realized that HPS lights naturally give off UVA, whereas the LEDs I have do not. I’m thinking it might be beneficial to try UV through the grow, and then UVB the last couple of weeks. I’ve noticed people have mixed feelings about it but there’s some videos by a dr buggsby which makes me think it’s worth tying.

D

Deleted member 534625

All of the plants were topped last Sunday, and have been responding well. I tortured a few more by removing excess leaves on a select few, and they have responded will with excess vegetative growth.

I’ve been looking for signs of sex but still don’t have anything. However, my main grow room is now empty after harvest so I need to work on reconfiguring and getting everything ready for the move.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
D

Deleted member 534625

Have made a lot of decisions regarding the future of this grow. This far females and males have been picked, based on basic physical observations and will be moved to their separate locations.

The ladies are going all organic, as after finishing my first coco run it made me miss the old school ways. The buds just weren’t the same. I’m not blaming not the LEDs mind you, I’m sure there’s a learning curve but I’m just going back to what I know.

So this grow is shifting to a 4 by 4 raised bed under a 1,000 watt hps. I will continue vegging under LEDs for now. The bed should be set up within two weeks and everything is looking good otherwise.

I was curious about flowering these males in these tiny little pots? What do you guys think? Leave ‘‘em or pot up?

Attachments

• IMG_6698.jpeg
    IMG_6698.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6697.jpeg
    IMG_6697.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6699.jpeg
    IMG_6699.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
D

Deleted member 534625

You might have to wait for them to be a bit bigger before taking a sample for testing without harming the plants.

I'd pinch them out after the 2nd or 3rd set of true leaves appear and let them grow in a larger pot for a bit

Most males show sex at 18/6 after a few weeks of growth.

You can then pot up the females to their final pot size.

Nice selection size :smoker:
You were totally right, it was worth just waiting for them to show on their own. Thanks for encouraging me to stick it out and not be lazy about it.

goingrey

Have made a lot of decisions regarding the future of this grow. This far females and males have been picked, based on basic physical observations and will be moved to their separate locations.

The ladies are going all organic, as after finishing my first coco run it made me miss the old school ways. The buds just weren’t the same. I’m not blaming not the LEDs mind you, I’m sure there’s a learning curve but I’m just going back to what I know.

So this grow is shifting to a 4 by 4 raised bed under a 1,000 watt hps. I will continue vegging under LEDs for now. The bed should be set up within two weeks and everything is looking good otherwise.

I was curious about flowering these males in these tiny little pots? What do you guys think? Leave ‘‘em or pot up?
Wouldn't bother up-potting males, they'll make all the pollen you need in the smaller ones just fine.

D

Deleted member 534625

My 4x4 is filled and everybody is transplanted. I’m going to let these ladies acclimate for two weeks or so and then flip unless something changes.

My new light is an air cooled 1,000w HPS, the soil is a custom all organic blend if anyone’s interested in the recipe, lastly the room will be sealed with C02 at 1500ppm once I get my humidifier. Need to get some more cash first haha this soil was alittle pricey but I suspect I can get three runs at least

Attachments

• IMG_6726.jpeg
    IMG_6726.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59

EnjoyingLife

My 4x4 is filled and everybody is transplanted. I’m going to let these ladies acclimate for two weeks or so and then flip unless something changes.

My new light is an air cooled 1,000w HPS, the soil is a custom all organic blend if anyone’s interested in the recipe, lastly the room will be sealed with C02 at 1500ppm once I get my humidifier. Need to get some more cash first haha this soil was alittle pricey but I suspect I can get three runs at least
I'd like the recipe

EnjoyingLife

Thanks so much!
Looks like an easy enough recipe. I'd have to cut it down as I only do four plants a year.
Have you noticed any differences using mushroom compost over regular?
Does mushroom compost make it easier to have a fungi dominant soil instead of bacteria?

D

Deleted member 534625

Looks like an easy enough recipe. I'd have to cut it down as I only do four plants a year.
Have you noticed any differences using mushroom compost over regular?
Does mushroom compost make it easier to have a fungi dominant soil instead of bacteria?
Honestly mate, this is just something I cobbled together using a soil builder base mix tutorial and then deviated slightly for the differing options available. Overall this is my first 4by4 as I did coco in pots before. I will say that I’ve used mushroom compost plenty of times for my tomatoes which is why I gravitated towards looking for it. I thought that it would provide a fungi rich environment but since I couldn’t find any I just inoculated the soil heavily with Mycorrhiza powder which isn’t noted on the list to compensate for the lack of fungi present.

Latest posts

Latest posts