What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Jarilla Sinaloa x Destroyer F2 Colorado Sativas

D

Deleted member 534625

IMG_6562.jpeg

Well…. These little buggers are growing faster than I imagined so I mixed up coco, worm castings and inoculated with some good bacteria. Out of the twenty one, two failed to germinate and a few others I simply didn’t like the looks of so I culled them. The fifteen that remained had 4 inch long roots with multiple side branches. All of this was coiled up in the tiny cells.

At one week all of them were around three inches tall but when I repotted I buried them to about an inch. I’m hoping to prolong the early stages as I still need a secondary tent, as my main grow area is still in flower for at least 4-5 more weeks.

All in all, they look super nice. After doing some digging in this forum into the parents I’m excited for the potential. It would seem that both parents have a buried pearl pheno that I wouldn’t mind coming across. It would make some interesting material for a Malawian style Cobb cure.

I should have another tent soon and once they reach three or four sets of leafs I will sex test if I can find an affordable lab. I have limited space so it helps to contain the project early. Trying to clone and sex fifteen plants is just out of my reach. But…..I guess that depends on what people are charging. Anybody have any experience there?

Attachments

• IMG_6563.jpeg
    IMG_6563.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46

RobFromTX

View attachment 18892689
Well…. These little buggers are growing faster than I imagined so I mixed up coco, worm castings and inoculated with some good bacteria. Out of the twenty one, two failed to germinate and a few others I simply didn’t like the looks of so I culled them. The fifteen that remained had 4 inch long roots with multiple side branches. All of this was coiled up in the tiny cells.

At one week all of them were around three inches tall but when I repotted I buried them to about an inch. I’m hoping to prolong the early stages as I still need a secondary tent, as my main grow area is still in flower for at least 4-5 more weeks.

All in all, they look super nice. After doing some digging in this forum into the parents I’m excited for the potential. It would seem that both parents have a buried pearl pheno that I wouldn’t mind coming across. It would make some interesting material for a Malawian style Cobb cure.

I should have another tent soon and once they reach three or four sets of leafs I will sex test if I can find an affordable lab. I have limited space so it helps to contain the project early. Trying to clone and sex fifteen plants is just out of my reach. But…..I guess that depends on what people are charging. Anybody have any experience there?

Looking nice and healthy (y)

exoticrobotic

Trying to clone and sex fifteen plants is just out of my reach. But…..I guess that depends on what people are charging.

You might have to wait for them to be a bit bigger before taking a sample for testing without harming the plants.

I'd pinch them out after the 2nd or 3rd set of true leaves appear and let them grow in a larger pot for a bit

Most males show sex at 18/6 after a few weeks of growth.

You can then pot up the females to their final pot size.

Nice selection size :smoker:

D

Deleted member 534625

That sounds about right. I’ve always struggled with the pre-sexing. I’ve done the math when I would be about 200 bucks so I think I should probably try your method. Ha ha.

D

Deleted member 534625

Found a cheap ripped up tent for 60$ but I managed to jerry rig it together and put a new light on them. Everything looks great with these guys although one of them is kind of growing weirdly. Just look at the leaf shape on the second picture. Maybe I’m high, but it just looks kind of weird to me.

Attachments

• IMG_6569.jpeg
    IMG_6569.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6570.jpeg
    IMG_6570.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43

alvin88

We're your seeds labeled from 2017? And final germination rate?

2 of my 3 packs I got were 2016 and 2017. Didn't know they'd be that old but I'm not complaining at the price. It's nice they're actually labeled, I'm sure I've bought older seeds before lol

D

Deleted member 534625

We're your seeds labeled from 2017? And final germination rate?

2 of my 3 packs I got were 2016 and 2017. Didn't know they'd be that old but I'm not complaining at the price. It's nice they're actually labeled, I'm sure I've bought older seeds before lol
19 out of 21 germinated, though I will be the first to admit that I was not particularly patient for the other two. Considering the ultra fast germination described in the previous post I don’t think it mattered for me (2017 stock)

D

Deleted member 534625

Currently swamped in my masters course, while seeing the last girls through to the end. But a quick update: plants got some brown spotting from what was likely a pH inbalance, and some leaves got hit. Mild drooping started to spread.

In truth, I had not ph balanced the water, but it was rain water that I use frequently and rarely have to balance. However, I found that it was 7.5ish which was odd, so I mixed up some 5.5 and brought them back down, and they have perked right back up since then.

The couple plants that got hit were the weakest of the bunch from the get go so I will be watching them to possibly cull.

Otherwise, my other ladies should be done in a few and by then I should be able to sex and divide the males from females. Overall, I’m just hoping these are worth the time, the leaves are not looking as thin as I would have thought but it’s so early I’m likely overthinking it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45

rolandomota

Veteran
Fuck dubi he sold many of Cannabiogen’s strains talking about pirating lol whatever dude theirs no fucking way you got permission to sell all of those same strains. I dont give a crap anymore about this practice its inevitable.

Fake genetics lol no it's f2 the same thing if I bought original and made my own seed. This guy from ace will charge you 7 to 15 a seed of course he's mad at them for 1 dollar a seed prices.
Get them while you can they won't last forever I have never seen a restock. I do agree that they don't feed their plants in flower the right things. Only high nitrogen alpaca poop as fertilizer? Strange

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Ive got nothing but praise for dubi and Ace. Ive been growing their panama and honduras for 5 years now and im loving it. But im gonna give this guy a whirl for sure. Abdthi when you say you read that the mexican death sativa is all over the place do you mean it produces indica and sativa leaning plants? Is it not a pure sativa? Just curious as i cant seem to find much info on this strain

D

Deleted member 534625

Hey Rolandomta,

I think tempers can easily flare with such things. One thing though, I thought cannbiogen was just an extension of Ace anyways. As far as I knew they were associated, so I’m not sure how Dubi could rip off his own associates.

Maybe I have bad info but I seem to remember reading something like that on here. Either way, I see no reason to crap on the guy, he’s entitled to his opinion and regardless of what people think, he’s done amazing things for this community. I have certainly benefited from reading, and growing their stuff.

As far as the Colorado Sativa Pics, I think they look pretty good considering but your right, I think if they got the right nutes they would really pop.

What’s up Rob,

Hey so from my understanding Jim mixed a lot of parental types with his Mexican death Sativa, and on top of that the guy from Colorado sativas mixed it was something else. It just struck me as a complicated project for the time being, though I wouldn’t be opposed to trying it in the future.

Personally the destroyer was appealing because I know how uniform, and stable it came out after all that time Cannabiogen spent breeding it (7 years I think). I figured the offspring have a good chance of uniformity which is why I gravitated towards it. This whole thing with Colorado sativas is kind of a gamble anyways.

I’ve already been thinking about throwing a couple of communion from Romulan genetics or some auto zamaldelicas just in case.

Nevertheless I have high, if not perhaps delusional high hopes for the destroyer mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 534625

Ive heard good things likewise.

I mean........It sounds pretty tasty.

Some of the finest hybrid smoke we have ever created. Communion smells of sweetness, fruit and camphor. Tastes like candied grape wine, earthiness, and hints of a tropical pine-gas. Effects are long lasting, fast setting and very remarkable. Deep relaxation without sleepiness or lethargy. A calm and comforting dulling of your senses, coupled with a sensational euphoria that feels a bit like visiting Nirvana. Communion is easy to grow and she handles most adverse conditions with ease. Progeny will be fairly homogenous, with some unique outliers showing up rarely. Plants will have about half, that will only stretch a normal 2x, while the other half of the plants may stretch 3-4x. Branch support is required as Communion buds can get heavy.
Type: HYBRID
Format: Feminized Photoperiod
Sativa / Indica ratio: 30 % INDICA / 70 % SATIVA
Flowering indoors: 63-70 days
Flowering outdoors: October
Yield: Above Average
Resistance against Spider mites: Above Average
Resistance against Powder Mildew: Above Average
Resistance against Botrytis: Average
Resistance against Russet Mites: Average
Resistance against Cold: Average
Resistance against Heat: Above Average
Genetics: (Grapestomper OG x Durban Poison) x Romulan
Structure: Excellent nodal spacing, tree structure, 2-4x stretch
Bouquet: Sweet, candy, grape, wine, earthiness, fruit, camphor, tropical, pine, gas
High: Indica body effects, with a sensational sativa head high
Growing Tips: Easy grow for any level or experience, both indoors and outdoors. Branches may require support in flowering. S1 seeds can put out the occasional mutant plant, runt and far more rarely intersex traits. Growers will certainly want to keep an eye out for these minor risks as growing S1 seeds comes with these known issues.

goingrey

Fuck dubi he sold many of Cannabiogen’s strains talking about pirating lol whatever dude theirs no fucking way you got permission to sell all of those same strains. I dont give a crap anymore about this practice its inevitable.

Fake genetics lol no it's f2 the same thing if I bought original and made my own seed. This guy from ace will charge you 7 to 15 a seed of course he's mad at them for 1 dollar a seed prices.
Get them while you can they won't last forever I have never seen a restock. I do agree that they don't feed their plants in flower the right things. Only high nitrogen alpaca poop as fertilizer? Strange
Nah ACE and CBG collaborated for some years and that's when those strains were added to the ACE catalogue. When they parted ways there was some kind of agreement that those can stay, and no other CBG genetics have been used since.

That said, while it has been discontinued now, ACE sold (Sensi Seeds) "Hashplant S1" seeds for years.

Latest posts

Latest posts