What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody :tiphat:

Thanks a bunch for all the shared information and knowledge Roms and also Mustafunk and everybody else, it is very much appreciated!
:thank you:

Much respect also for the Vibes Collective itself, it is always heartwarming and motivating to hear about dedicated people with passion for what they're doing and by doing so, they become inspiring examples and role models themselves, Imho.

Below just a few simple pictures of just 2 different Double Jams F1 plants by JGL grown in 2014/2015.
Altough these are not pure Jamaican Lambsbread, I hope it is ok to post them here for information(if not, please delete).
First two pictures and last two pictures are not the same plant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ8vP4lwxX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVtcs31qx7E
And the artist Dwight "Bushman" Duncan himself, it was already posted elsewhere before :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzFBby1i76g

Cheers and stay irie :rasta:

Attachments

• Single Double Jam.jpg
    Single Double Jam.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Sidebranch.jpg
    Sidebranch.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Purple Double Jam 1.jpg
    Purple Double Jam 1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Purple Double Jam 2.jpg
    Purple Double Jam 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 42

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
This thread is amazing, still halfway through, but JLB is succh a beautiful plant! Being a huge reggae fan I know the potential that this plant has, I bet this strain is responsible for many many reggae hits from the reggae pioneers!

Would love to have the chance to grow the legit JLB one day!

Anyone know if this are related to the freebies Nierika(bodhi) was giving away past year? They were labeled Jamaican Bush Hashplant, maybe bush comes from bushman? Got a pack in the vault and have plans to run it this summer!

Peace, ill go back to catching up this thread ;)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
This thread is amazing, still halfway through, but JLB is succh a beautiful plant! Being a huge reggae fan I know the potential that this plant has, I bet this strain is responsible for many many reggae hits from the reggae pioneers!

Would love to have the chance to grow the legit JLB one day!

Anyone know if this are related to the freebies Nierika(bodhi) was giving away past year? They were labeled Jamaican Bush Hashplant, maybe bush comes from bushman? Got a pack in the vault and have plans to run it this summer!

Peace, ill go back to catching up this thread ;)

Could be, I have shared JLB 60 with him, maybe others too.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I have a problem with this line being called Jamaican Lambs Bread 1960 .

The seeds are from the 80 s / 90 s . Moved from their natural habitat to Martinique. Grown out doors there . Later transported to the EU and grown under HID light and re -selected . Then bred and selected more gens by growers w

I don't understand why could you have any problem or suggest the seeds are from the 80s/90s or Martinique when you don't have information about the facts. I've also posted at the other forum that personally I don't have any first hand/verified information about dates, so unless we find out some facts we shouldn't speculate about them. That's why I personally prefer to call it Bushman's Lambsbread rather than speculating on any dates, unfortunately I don't have more information about that yet but I'll try to speak with Rahan whenever I have the chance. On the other hand, the seeds were passed to the Martinique rastas, who shared a few with their French brothers. I don't know if it was ever cultivated in Martinique or not, but I guess that's not important since the French growers received original seeds themselves.

I really have no idea about the different Mansions of Rastafarism or this subject, but I've read that there are several closed communities there, like the Bobo Ashanti for example, that remain quite tight and strict even nowadays. I'm sure some of them may still have some old seeds. On the other hand, I have found out that normally it's in the hindi communities from Jamaica and not among the rastas, where the true Lambsbread may still exist and remain. After all, they were the true ganja masters who introduced the "collie weed" and the ganja culture there back in the days.

I have no doubt this is quite an old ganja line from Jamaica, especially since we know hybridization took place there quite early, just like in Mexico or Colombia. You can see the true tropical NLD structure, the long flowering time (up to 24 weeks) and the resemblance with South Indian or some other Caribbean oldschool lines as the Panama Red or Colombian Red, which are actually related to the Cannabis history on the islands. Otherwise I would be the one questioning that like I did with many other lines that looked like modern hybrids in my opinion.

The potency is quite low though, I've tested some samples from some of the latest generations and they were roughly around 10% THC but I'm sure the earlier generations could be less inbred. Anyway the wispy flowers do have a nice buzz without a comedown and a nice "irie high" and a very unique perfume, that's why the line is so special for many of us.

On the other hand, we have some other examples of more modern Lambsbread lines, as the Jamaican Blue Mountain 1985. This one was brought into the scene and sourced by Siete, the former OG member from CBG back then, he was another sativa lover and great traveller. When you experience this one you realize you are in front of a nice but modern or hybridized Jamaican heirlooom. The contrast with Bushman's line is huge, this one looks just totally untamed. Not only in flowering time (14 versus up to 24 weeks) but also in structure, buds and chemotypes. While the "old" Lambsbread has a wispy structure and spicy subtle aromas that may resemble many other old NLDs, the 1985 Lambsbread has longer and more compact colas, lots of resin and an overpowering fruity/berry smell that may resemble you to Strawberry or the red Pot Pourri (dried aromatic flowers and fruits). IMHO this one belongs to a second generation Jamaican or a first generation of local hybrids, after foreign genetics were introduced there by the farmers or perhaps travellers.

7jamaica.jpg

jamaica-bn.jpg

image_22190.jpg

It was preserved since then by several different hands as well. It's possible to find some "sativa" leaning plants reaching up to 14-16 weeks but the latest seed batches from CBG provided more compact looking plants that often finished around 65 days. On the other hand, the quality of high is fantastic and you won't find such tasty plants on the oldest Lambsbread NLDs, that's for sure.

Nice JBM keeper found by DjLeb in France:

attachment.php

Another line called Jamaican Negril that came from some other travellers was spread on the Spanish forums back then, it was more similar to the JBM 85. I'm wondering if someone kept this one around, some rated it quite highly.

Mario Bellandi from Delicatessen seeds also has a Red Jamaican line he sourced from the islands, but again it looks more compact, frosty and I believe it's another modern line due to the hashplant influence on those flowers. In my humble opinion, this one could be an example of a modern Jamaican.

Mario's Jamaican keeper, I think he used it on some of his hybrids too:

IMG_5942_800x600.jpg

Jamaican Dream from Eva Seeds was another modern imported Jamaican strain. I never read about the Jamaican from Bodhi but I believe it must be another different line knowing his love for rare landraces and hunting for unique genes, anyway I'm sure he wouldn't be releasing any lines he shouldn't, he has big respect for other breeders and used to be a member from the Vibes Collective as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Roms

Veteran
(...) On the other hand, the seeds were passed to the Martinique rastas, who shared a few with their French brothers. I don't know if it was ever cultivated in Martinique or not, but I guess that's not important since the French growers received original seeds themselves. (...)

I will check Dan for the exact story date details etc but the original Bushman's seeds were not been grown or reproduced by Rasta in Martinique!

Bushman and GrowDan had met with spliffs in backstage concert, and Dan went home to Paris and passed the peace to Rahan. ;)

Koondense

Veteran
Wow Mustafunk, this is very close to what i imagine is a perfect plant
jamaica-bn.jpg

Gotta grow something like this in my lifetime.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I have 4 beautiful seedlings of JamaicanLambsBread f3 that will have to stay with me because it’s in it’s pure form. Since Pure 100% Sativa, untainted, unhybridized, JLB is like the rarest strain on the planet now, it cannot get into the hands of anyone outside the circle of trust. Too many seed companies stealing other peoples hard work and profiting off the backs of the real hero’s who preserved this rare gem. The Vibes Collective.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I don't understand why could you have any problem or suggest the seeds are from the 80s/90s or Martinique when you don't have information about the facts. I've also posted at the other forum that personally I don't have any first hand/verified information about dates, so unless we find out some facts we shouldn't speculate about them. That's why I personally prefer to call it Bushman's Lambsbread rather than speculating on any dates, unfortunately I don't have more information about that yet but I'll try to speak with Rahan whenever I have the chance. On the other hand, the seeds were passed to the Martinique rastas, who shared a few with their French brothers. I don't know if it was ever cultivated in Martinique or not, but I guess that's not important since the French growers received original seeds themselves.

If we really get that strict on dates, we shouldn't say the Hazes are coming from the late 60s either (just like Skunks or with any other old line), since they were mostly bred and reproduced in Holland during the 80s and from that time on, preserved indoors by many other growers. Yet we still grow pure Haze seeds nowadays (never outcrossed), knowing we are cultivating genes that date back to the 60s-70s. So should we call those 2000s Haze's despite the genes are said to date back from the 60s? In my opinion this dates could help people to have an idea about the antiquity of a certain heirloom seed line.

What I recall from the conversations is that Bushman told the Martinique rastas that this was a special line that has been preserved by the elders of the community he has been part of since many years ago, so it's not actually modern line from the 80s or 90s but much older, since it was being preserved by Bushman's community for years.

They said this plant was becoming rare in Jamaica and simply wanted some other rasta brothers to help to preserve such important legacy. Some said Bushman was part of the same rasta community that Peter Tosh and other elders used to belong, so I guess this is why some speculate this line could have been around since the 60s.

G `day Musta

I don`t see Haze advertised as American 1969 Haze .
Or Skunk as 1979 California Skunk #1 .

Thanks for sharin

EB ,

Roms

Veteran
^^ @Elmer Bud, we also could say that the Lambsbread comes from Shiva 8000/2000 BC!? :abduct:Peace

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
HaHa, you gotta grow the Ja. LambsBread to know the Ja. LambsBread.
G' day Elmer, whatever you wanna call it is ok. But it is by far the MOST WILD Ja. (Landrace) plant I've ever grown in 50 years of appreciating this plant and if you grow it you will know it.
We can only go by what is handed down to us from trusted sources. If it's from a shady source, that is questioned and speculated upon and truth or doubts about the truth surround the strain. No doubts from me on this one.
Since the story and source was the Vibes Collective, that says a lot to me. I was in on that and I remember a bunch of low key bros from all around the world who gathered for the purpose of preservation and sharing information because they loved the plant.
But I also grew it out a couple of times and know from the experience what it is, no doubts here.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
double jam start

double jam start

like a newborn fawn,
taking her first steps on wobbly legs...

marijuana bambi

i've had these seeds for 3-5yrs (i think).
now have a s.a.g.e. F2, and purple mexican
ready for some DJ pollen.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Ive got a few males and females in veg ready to flower out.
Making JLB x JLB and WashingtonHeightsHaze"Piff" x JLB.
and maybe...... SuperLemonGlaze x JLB.

Roms

Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlfvSDo0RZk bumpa brotha!

No. How do you test a male to see if its stable or not?

By tested i mean if they have already flowered till the end without intersex trait like pistil on apex top. Then we could also stress them to reveal or not the thing but it's not really needed i think. Doing a classic grow is enough and simplifying but the flowering time must be also long enough to be sure to not transmit that sex instability to the offspring. Ya know it was hard to find stable true males with previous generations... By cons i know that the last F5 from JGL produce more males, do you confirm broz? :)

Latest posts

Latest posts