What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

bigAl25

Veteran
dear PuaManaOhana, Thanks that's some real Jamaican people and their homes in that video. We've made the trip to 9 mile and it brought back some wonderful memories. Peace and respect Mon. Hopefully we will make it back soon.

Satta

Lambsbread'60 x X18
picture.php

Selah

earthwyrms

is the new coljam 75% colombian gold?

Yes, Oldganjafarmer,

[(1980 Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambread) x (1980 Colombian Gold)]

One female Jamaican pheno wasn't very cooperative. Extremely slow to flower. She had to go, her girlfriends were all flowering. The Jamaican's leaves and growth structure looked similar to ThaiBliss's Jamacian Lambsbread. The ColJam flowers at harvest looked similar to Cannabiogen's Punto Rojo. More developed growth and flowering structure, but longer flowering duration in "ColJam Colombian pheno-type" than "Punto Rojo". Both have extremely wispy flowers, but good intensity. So far no ceiling in the high of ColJam or Punto Rojo.

The Jamaican pheno-type was too wild for me. Maybe, if I plan a grow "on the wild side", I'll get to experience the Jamaican Lambsbread high.

This ColJam is intense. I had headaches the morning after and a mildly tripped out nervous system, after a couple ColJam days in a row. After my first ColJam high, I thought it was maybe too electric. Now I like it a lot!

The ColJam high is similar to 1970's LSD-25, but of course not as strong or intense. It has a very high ceiling - no comedown, and no stone. Very cerebral, focused mental energy, electric, and intense energy flow.

that may have been the 1 in 20 that was electric. (i read 1/20 of ColJam are unique)

earthwyrms

does lambsbread need a carbon scrubber or is it sort of like kona packs and fruity but not conspicous (also i haven't smelled kona packs). basically does it pass for an air freshener?

They have the most healthy clones I have seen in a while of Lambsbread at a local dispensary , hope they have them when I am ready to plant . The last time the greenhouse plants got so sticky I would get a rash from bumping up against them. The goal is to get them to taste like honey .

earthwyrms

you get skin irritation from the sticky sap too!? why is that, i don't understand what makes it do that. does live resin do that to skin too?

also, is the smell of full flower lambsbread (or other tropical sativas) able to pass as air freshener?

(energy and materials cost for scrubbers and the challenges of poor airflow with pc fan technology, compels me to ask if it is necessary to need a scrubber or let it be. would continual room venting to the outdoors with a pc fan leave a noticeable scent outside and/or through an apartment complex?) someone please answer this

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Yes. Although JLB doesnt have a strong smell like todays super hybrids....it still puts off a cannabis smell. Especially late into flower. When you have plants in the flower room, flowering for 20 wks or more, the smell tends to stack up on itself and will permeate the room even if its a subtle smell. Its still recognizable as Ganja.
Always play it safe. Get a can-fan combo and vent that clean air outside.

JLB

JLB

Yes. Although JLB doesnt have a strong smell like todays super hybrids....it still puts off a cannabis smell. Especially late into flower. When you have plants in the flower room, flowering for 20 wks or more, the smell tends to stack up on itself and will permeate the room even if its a subtle smell. Its still recognizable as Ganja.
Always play it safe. Get a can-fan combo and vent that clean air outside.

Im def ready!!!!!! Please tell me its still attainable/available!?

KaYa-mon

High Times:
What was the best weed you ever smoked?
Marley:
One time I was in Jamaica, was doin' a show, an' a man come up to me, and he give me a spliff. Now, das de bes' herb I ever smoke. Yeah, man! Neva get an extra herb like dat again! No, no, no. Just like one tree in de earth, y'know?

High Times: Just one tree?
Marley: Jus' one tree. Sometimes ya just find a tree. It lamb's bread.

High Times:
What's lamb's bread?
Marley:
De ability what de herb 'ave ya call lamb's bread. Some a dem ya call Bethlehem's bread. Dat is when ya really get good herb, y'know what I mean?

High Times:
Well, the Jamaican that's coming into the States now is not as good as it was.
Marley:
Ya don' get no good herb because too much sell in Jamaica. And ya find alla people who plant herb fertilize it, so nobody really take care of de herb like first time. Ya use fertilizer, it come quick. Dem fertilize it an' cut it before time.

High Times: Do you guys find it hard to get good herb?
Marley: Me fin' it hard to get in England.

High Times:
In England they always mix it with tobacco. It's really foul.
Marley:
Yeah, man. It's time to let de people get good herbs an' smoke. Government's a joke. All dey wan' is ya smoke cigarettes and cigar. Some cigar wickeder den herb. Yeah, man, ya can't smoke cigar. Smoke herb. Some big cigar me see man wit', God bless! Me tell him must smoke herb. Ya see, de people come together because is not de buildin', is not de buildin' me wanna see, me wanna see a nice level piece of green grass. Don' wanna haffa go in no elevator, gwan upstairs and talk wit' some people in a square place. Me wanna go out in a earth, man. Righteousness cover de earth like water cover de sea. Where I gwan is, me don' have time to be in building all de while, when de miracles happening all de while outside. For some time miracles happen outta de sky. Is good for ya to see it, y'know. Among some green trees, yes man! I mena, ya 'ave green trees in America.

High Times:
Have you ever tried acid?
Marley:
Me hear 'bout people who do it. No, me meet people who do it, an' dem tell me. And when dem tell me, I travel to de same place. I mean, when a guy explain it an' ya listen, ya can go all de way up to de same place as him.

High Times: Who told you about it?
Marley: Well, one mustn't call people names, y'know. What keepeth its mouth, keepeth its life.

High Times:
Do you think herb takes you to the same place?
Marley:
I feel like ya 'ave thousands of different types of herb. If when ya plant it, if ya meditation not high, it don't come like de right type of herb.

High Times: It's very hard to find the right type of herb.
Marley: Yeah, man.

High Times: One of the reasons we're into this is to try to find it.
Bob Marley: Well, ya see, dat herb, ya can't find dat herb.

High Times:
Where is it?
Marley:
Y'know what happen to dat herb? I tell ya where dat herb go now. Just like ya 'ave some apple trees, an' dis year something happen to dat apple tree dere, an' dis year dat tree taste better den dat tree. Ya find dat a seed planted de right day, de right minute, den dere's tree, ya find it, nobody plant it. A seed show, an' it grow, an' ya start nurse it, an' it become the best tree. Well, ya can get plenty a dat-de best herb dere. Jus' one tree, sometime a guy have. Ya might pass bye an' get a spliff. Ya say, 'Where ya get dis?' Him say, 'Dis come from St. Ann.' So ya go down to St. Ann's an' ya don't find it again

Got some beans

Got some beans

Ill just keep cracking beans till i find one. Friends here or not. With hard work, diligence and compassion anything is possible, without "knowing the right people" . In my experiance those kinds of circles have WAY too many ego's!:biggrin:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
In my experiance those kinds of circles have WAY too many ego's!:biggrin:

Is not a matter of ego at all but passionate growers or breeders who have been working their asses out and investing many years to refine certain genetics and keep them alive in order to end with their very own and unique stock to work with, while staying original since others simply follow the trends.

I see more ego in those who want everything here and now or get obsessive and whimsy/demanding with a few seeds just because certain genetics aren't available at the moment... I see attractive ladies and nice cars outside everyday too but I accept the fact they aren't mine either lol.

On the other hand JGL has released beautiful works with the Jamaican and people had the chance to grew them. Many other Vibes Co members still work with her, even Rahan still refines the line after all this years. I've been doing a big selection and testing some F1 hybrids with top sativas too. We are just trying to keep the collective and the legacy alive.

No need for that negativity really... it's easy to generalize or speak about stuff you don't know but some are just trying to do their thing and keep a low profile.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Latest posts