What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The last major swarms of Rocky Mountain locust were between 1873 and 1877, when the locust caused $200 million in crop damage in Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska and other states. One farmer reported that the locusts seemed "like a great white cloud, like a snowstorm, blocking out the sun like vapor".[16]

Grangers_vs_Hoppers.jpg

1875 cartoon by Henry Worrall showing Kansas farmers battling giant grasshoppers.

Gry

Veteran
Here is a part of a two hour interview between the author John Loftus who was a justice dept investigator and Dave Emory on his book
'Secret War Against the Jews'.
| Part 14 44:26| Part 15 32:01

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
That's nothing compared you had in the 1930s.
I hate to point this out, but those overhauls on the kids are definitely EuroDesigner Duds. Besides that the Kansans won the battle and wiped out every giant grasshopper in the US of A. The good citizens of the cornflower state found a nest of giant grasshopper eggs that they shipped to the Netherlands. It was a sad time for Dutch children. Once again your youth protected you.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I hate to point this out, but those overhauls on the kids are definitely EuroDesigner Duds. Besides that the Kansans won the battle and wiped out every giant grasshopper in the US of A. The good citizens of the cornflower state found a nest of giant grasshopper eggs that they shipped to the Netherlands. It was a sad time for Dutch children. Once again your youth protected you.
Unfortunately for the sender they got lost during a storm.They never found them again, probably eaten by a giant octopus 🐙.
1687708234184.png

You forget the nuclear tests since 1945

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately for the sender they got lost during a storm.They never found them again, probably eaten by a giant octopus 🐙. View attachment 18858207

You forget the nuclear tests since 1945

Thanks for the very interesting video. Now, that could be a cause for climate change and most certainly is a reason for shame. We are almost identical to a bunch of ants, only caring for our own nest. We are definitely carrying home the boric acid anyway...

Hiddenjems

I don't understand why climate change and the existential threat it poses isn't a bigger issue. I feel humans are like frogs put in slowly boiling water, and don't realise what's happening until it's too late.
Big polluters have been very effective at calling climate change a hoax, but surely things have somewhat turned a corner here. At least I hope so. Yet nothing seems to change?

The economy won't matter much if the climate becomes such a threat that we can't feed ourselves. Eight billion people essentially burning things for energy, whilst at the same time cutting remaining forests and pouring plastic into the ocean isn't sustainable. Even if you don't believe in man induced climate change, most would realise this is a problem.
Because at the time of earths greatest biodiversity the average global temperature was around 90* f.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
When summarizing and interpreting these results for the past six representative crises, I find the following four new pieces of information. (i) Higher global surface temperature anomalies correspond to higher extinction percentages in both marine and terrestrial realms (Fig. 3a, d), which suggests that climate change and related or coincidental environmental destruction are the main causes of mass extinctions on land and in the sea. (ii) >35 % genus and >60 % species loss correspond to 7–9 ∘C global warming and >7 ∘C global cooling for marine animals and >7 ∘C global cooling and  ∘C global warming for terrestrial tetrapods, although the amount of terrestrial data is small (Fig. 3a, d). This relationship contains higher extinction percentages in the terrestrial realm (tetrapods) than in the marine realm (invertebrate) under the same global temperature anomaly in warming events and similar extinction percentages in the terrestrial realm (tetrapods) and the marine realm (invertebrate) in cooling events

buzzmobile

Veteran
When summarizing and interpreting these results for the past six representative crises, I find the following four new pieces of information. (i) Higher global surface temperature anomalies correspond to higher extinction percentages in both marine and terrestrial realms (Fig. 3a, d), which suggests that climate change and related or coincidental environmental destruction are the main causes of mass extinctions on land and in the sea. (ii) >35 % genus and >60 % species loss correspond to 7–9 ∘C global warming and >7 ∘C global cooling for marine animals and >7 ∘C global cooling and  ∘C global warming for terrestrial tetrapods, although the amount of terrestrial data is small (Fig. 3a, d). This relationship contains higher extinction percentages in the terrestrial realm (tetrapods) than in the marine realm (invertebrate) under the same global temperature anomaly in warming events and similar extinction percentages in the terrestrial realm (tetrapods) and the marine realm (invertebrate) in cooling events

It only takes a small temperature rise to wipe out living coral reefs.