What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

igrowone

Veteran
c5ca0723b806565ad4cfebf1a8c9342deefef8a0d2b34862b16c25224f32b657.jpg

ad2aef0d5748d712947b662c71c9b4f466a946b25d334982b1c6d9fa288f9d46.jpg
e53361e682dfc729476c463b2f80c0517e4788f47bd6278f931fd1951a404d30.jpg

video>>>> https://media.128ducks.com/file_sto...89841b1cda8002af413a95e4b4c7b3a29122f25c7.mp4
landspout is apparently what it is, pretty freaky
usually weaker than an actual tornado, not so sure about this one though

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found out last night that not only are the guys I work with experts in foreign policy, domestic policy, virology, the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, they're also climate change experts. WHO KNEW??

Good god it's been a while since I heard so many bad right wing talking points just thrown out there.

Thinking about it now, I should have thrown out there that if switching to electric vehicles was such a bad idea, then why was the US Military going to be converting all ground forces over to electric?

One of them was going to only buy an electric vehicle when they could install generators on the wheels to produce electricity to the batteries so that the car would never need to be charged. I did remind him about that little thing called Physics and that there is no such thing as free energy. Being a former Navy Nuke you would think he would be knowledgeable somewhat about such things, but he stuck to his guns.

Every day I'm reminded I work with window lickers. Thank god the job is easy as fuck and pays well.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I found out last night that not only are the guys I work with experts...
Every day I'm reminded I work with window lickers...
found out i had a neighbor along those lines. he just moved here, and i went to greet them to the neighborhood. he seemed okay, but high-strung. i suspect meth personally. first impressions can be wrong, but not often. still, he lives two doors down the street. WTF, give a man a second chance, right? right. damn sure aint gonna be a third one. SOB is crazy as a shithouse rat. after his third beer he went from fucking ridiculous to where i was glad i had my pistol in my pocket...wow!

buzzmobile

Veteran
found out i had a neighbor along those lines. he just moved here, and i went to greet them to the neighborhood. he seemed okay, but high-strung. i suspect meth personally. first impressions can be wrong, but not often. still, he lives two doors down the street. WTF, give a man a second chance, right? right. damn sure aint gonna be a third one. SOB is crazy as a shithouse rat. after his third beer he went from fucking ridiculous to where i was glad i had my pistol in my pocket...wow!
1684147067709.png

Three Berries

“Better air quality and environment” are not free, as attaining government standards cost businesses hundreds of billions of dollars per year. These costs are ultimately paid by Americans in the form of higher prices, lower wages, and less choices. And at some point, the cost of the regulation to achieve better air outweighs its benefit. We’ve won on water too: the water in your toilet is cleaner than what the vast majority of humans on Earth drink. For every time that we hear “environmental justice” we need to say “economic justice” 100 times. In this country for all Americans, Blacks and Hispanics/Latinos make 30% less money than Whites and Asians. Too many politicians focus on the endless pursuit of “better air quality” and other abstract, seemingly impossible to measure benefits because they have no clue on the real ways to help communities of color and other low-income Americans: help them get a better education, help them get a better job, and help them make more money. Career politicians love bottomless, money-devouring pits the most: “America's $100 billion climate change flop.” And although its entire existence is based on never being able to declare victory (imagine a football game with no time and no keeping score), EPA should consider that it’s wealth that matters most for health equity.

But, that’s not its business, is it?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I don't understand why climate change and the existential threat it poses isn't a bigger issue. I feel humans are like frogs put in slowly boiling water, and don't realise what's happening until it's too late.
Big polluters have been very effective at calling climate change a hoax, but surely things have somewhat turned a corner here. At least I hope so. Yet nothing seems to change?

The economy won't matter much if the climate becomes such a threat that we can't feed ourselves. Eight billion people essentially burning things for energy, whilst at the same time cutting remaining forests and pouring plastic into the ocean isn't sustainable. Even if you don't believe in man induced climate change, most would
Chi13, I typed for 35 minutes sharing a bunch of truth about the false hype fundraising that is Global Warming. One can know the absolute truth of Jesus, but regardless of the truth there's a faction of society that is happy to argue against truth for the sake of being different and rebelios.

So I deleted everything, do in life what you think is going to help in the long run.
Peace farmerlion

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a question you should ask yourself - Why is Canada setting their forests on fire as you claim? What is the purpose?