What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Three Berries

Outspoken AND incredibly stupid

call you reacharound sue
Explain to me how you are going to go without plastic or oil based products in your life.

And because I'm so stupid, explain to me how my view points on plastics and fossil fuels are stupid, not using current political climate science as a reason. I will accept logic.

audiohi

Veteran
Explain to me how you are going to go without plastic or oil based products in your life.

And because I'm so stupid, explain to me how my view points on plastics and fossil fuels are stupid, not using current political climate science as a reason. I will accept logic.

Obviously it's all or nothing, right?

Three Berries

now you got it!

There is no amount of logic gonna get through to you

you accept nothing except tips for a good reacharound lol

come back when you get one of those three brain cells working you derp

Nothing but insults...... Obviously just brainwashed.

So all these US based community plastic recycling projects just bail the stuff up and send it to timbuctoo? What's a guy to do? The politicians pulling a fast one probably making bank on it too.

You should be happy to know I burn almost all my plastic, completing the carbon cycle.

audiohi

Veteran

So all these US based community plastic recycling projects just bail the stuff up and send it to timbuctoo? What's a guy to do? The politicians pulling a fast one probably making bank on it too.

You should be happy to know I burn almost all my plastic, completing the carbon cycle.

maybe stand back a little further from the fumes?

Rico Swazi

you make insulting fun
in real time no less

you should be happy to know we recycle/reuse as much as possible

20230204_125601.jpg

buzzmobile

Veteran
And plastic in the ocean or plastic straws is not a US problem.

Look for the rivers of plastic videos
You are correct about the plastic waste in Latin America. The amounts are shocking. It is not solely a US problem. It is a human problem, a world problem. Oil, the wonder dug that cured our ills, is drowning us. The USA can afford to export plastic waste to our closest neighbors.

We have plenty to export too.

When more than 180 nations agreed last year to place strict limits on exports of plastic waste from richer countries to poorer ones, the move was seen as a major victory in the fight against plastic pollution.

But new trade data for January, the first month that the agreement took effect, shows that American exports of plastic scrap to poorer countries have barely changed, and overall scrap plastics exports rose, which environmental watchdog groups say is evidence that exporters are ignoring the new rules.

The American companies seem to be relying on a remarkable interpretation of the new rules: Even though it’s now illegal for most countries to accept all but the purest forms of plastic scrap from the United States, there’s nothing that prevents the United States from sending the waste. The main reason: the United States is one of the few countries in the world that didn’t ratify the global ban.

Maybe the USA is a part of the problem?

How do you burn your plastic, @Three Berries ?

Three Berries

There is a shortage of diesel.Why export plastic, when you can use it to make diesel by dry distillation of plastic.
In the US they get gov monies to make diesel out of soybeans. They get gov monies to have urban plastic collection programs.

They are always talking about a trash to cash incinerators here that produce electricity but that is all verboten now. And when it wasn't the NIMBYs rose up to stop the incinerators. It's the NIMBYs are who also stop the plastic from being buried in landfills.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
In the US they get gov monies to make diesel out of soybeans. They get gov monies to have urban plastic collection programs.

They are always talking about a trash to cash incinerators here that produce electricity but that is all verboten now. And when it wasn't the NIMBYs rose up to stop the incinerators. It's the NIMBYs are who also stop the plastic from being buried in landfills.

Trying out a new nickname?

You would die of sheer ecstasy if Trump was tweeting again... wouldn't you?

I keep thinking about your suggestion that petroleum is eternally produced by Earth's mantle.

I have yet to find a limit to the obscurity of the "facts" and theories you conjure.