What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Chi13

ICMag Donor
A speaker at the World Economic Forum called for “one billion” people to “stop eating meat” Wednesday, saying it would have a “big impact” on the “current food system” and help reduce carbon emissions.

“If a billion people stop eating meat, I tell you, it has a big impact. Not only does it have a big impact on the current food system, but it will also inspire innovation of food systems,” Jim Hagemann Snabe, chairman of the Germany-based conglomerate Siemens AG, said during a panel called “Mobilizing for Climate.”
What's wrong with that? Pretty good advice. If people stopped, or cut down, on meat they would likely be healthier (provided they replaced meat with the right whole foods).

If you are trying to present the WEF as some evil organisation, you've so far failed. In fact they sound pretty logical and well meaning to me. Where is their policy to reduce the population to 500,000 that you were on about but so far have presented zero evidence?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's wrong with that? Pretty good advice. If people stopped, or cut down, on meat they would likely be healthier (provided they replaced meat with the right whole foods).

If you are trying to present the WEF as some evil organisation, you've so far failed. In fact they sound pretty logical and well meaning to me. Where is their policy to reduce the population to 500,000 that you were on about but so far have presented zero evidence?
Besides one of the smartest guys ever suggested it 93 years ago as the number one way to save the earth; my great uncle twice removed, good ole Al Einstein. damn joos.

Three Berries

Eating meat is not unhealthy. If you think the WEF is a great bunch of guys you are really ill informed.

igrowone

Veteran
Oh so all the screaming about the climate warming but for the last 7 years it's been cooling so just forget about it? WTF do we have to go into a ice age for you to see what's happening? The Climate Hoaxers go day for day with the latest weather abnormality as a cause de jour of Climate Change but a 7 year streak is taken out of context????? Go back a billion years and include that context.
seems you have proven an ice age is imminent if we don't cut back on fossil fuel use

buzzmobile

Veteran
Go back a billion years and include that context.
Biblically impossible.

This line in the sand can be easily understood from what has happened in many of the mainstream conservative evangelical churches of North America over the last few decades. What has become commonplace is the acceptance of “Creation Science” as the only acceptable approach to how science and the Bible should relate. In a nutshell, the premise of Creation Science is that the Bible gives us answers to many questions also addressed by science. The Bible, which is held to be the inerrant, infallible Word of God, cannot be wrong. Therefore, when the Bible and science disagree (or appear to disagree), the latter must be wrong. There is
no room for questioning this premise. You must simply choose which side of line you stand on, the Bible or science.

Ironically, Creation Science actually goes one step further, and seeks scientific support for the perceived Biblical answers. All scientific evidence that appears to disagree with the Bible must be somehow in error (e.g. Henry Morris’ analysis of Sue, the most complete Tyrannosaurus skeleton yet unearthed [2]), since the Bible has already given us the answer. Concerning the age of the Earth, the Bible’s genealogical records combined with the Genesis 1 account of creation are used to estimate an age for the Earth and universe of about 6000 years, with a bit of uncertainty on the completeness of the genealogical records, allowing for a few thousand years more. This young age is repeatedly confirmed by numerous studies done by proponents of Creation Science. Yet the vast majority of the scientific community claims there is abundant scientific evidence that points to an age of 4.6 billion years for the Earth and about 14 billion years for the entire universe.

Rico Swazi

Still waiting for @Rico Swazi to explain how the Great Pacific Garbage Page affects the climate. (?)

And, Also, of course, how weather modification over the past 5-6 decades does not affect the climate. (?)

that is easy my brother in environmental cause and concern

proper spelling i.e. simply changing PAGE to PATCH would have done wonders

I had no desire to discuss weather modification at that time,
And, Also, of course, your skill inserting whataboutism is amazing

Rico Swazi

well shit Buzz, i guess I ignored the ignorant wee bit too long
Unplugged most of last year, visited those friends running on empty.

thanks for the heads up

Rico Swazi

It all makes sense now, hempy banned, me getting calls...

IMG_3799.JPG