What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Three Berries

Is war bad for the climate?​

Germany Considers Diverting Anti-Coal 'Green' Subsidies To Weapons Production

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ge...ons-production

"The discussions between Germany’s federal government and regional states are aimed at providing the country’s armed forces with more weapons and ammunition and creating jobs in regions that are affected by the shift away from coal, said the people, who asked not to be identified as the talks are confidential," the report detailed.

One particular large German defense contractor named in the report is Rheinmetall AG, which is planning a new factory to manufacture ammunition components in the state of Saxony, which remains a major coal-producing powerhouse for the country.

Conservative media outlet Breitbart pointed out we could be witnessing a great reset fail in progress- ironically enough, given the very cash intended to kill the coal industry will now go towards bolstering arms manufacturing.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
According to NASA satellite data, there has been seven years of declining temperatures, yet CO2 continues to rise.

FoSeJRAWAAExEh3

Lol. NASA? More like the dodgy Co2 Coalition.
The CO₂ Coalition is a nonprofit climate change denial advocacy organization in the United States founded in 2015. The group's claims are disputed by the vast majority of climate scientists.

Three Berries

Lol. NASA? More like the dodgy Co2 Coalition.
The CO₂ Coalition is a nonprofit climate change denial advocacy organization in the United States founded in 2015. The group's claims are disputed by the vast majority of climate scientists.
Yes NASA and NOAA too all dodgy. How can you deny climate change when they is no real proof there is any?

Three Berries

No, both NASA and NOAA provide legitimate information.
I am not even sure what your last sentence means?
NOAA and NASA will provide what ever they are told to. Where do they get their funding?

And if you have any solid proof of climate change please offer it. Sorry but a 2C degree variation is not climate change. And I heard the scaled back their 5C prediction to 2.5C so hey were already there.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
NOAA and NASA will provide what ever they are told to. Where do they get their funding?

And if you have any solid proof of climate change please offer it. Sorry but a 2C degree variation is not climate change. And I heard the scaled back their 5C prediction to 2.5C so hey were already there.
Of course a 2C increase can be climate change. How more moronic can you get?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
No way do we have the accuracy to say that world wide. Get real. There is a 2C through the years here at my personal station up and down over 30 years of records.
Yes, we do. There is loads of evidence, you just don't accept it. Your own weather is no doubt interesting but irrelevant compared to the global evidence.

Three Berries

Yes, we do. There is loads of evidence, you just don't accept it. Your own weather is no doubt interesting but irrelevant compared to the global evidence.
No way can the map the entire world and get an average temp and no way do we have actual numbers from years past. Thermometers are just not that accurate. Many weather stations are in urban areas over concrete at airports.

One of my past jobs was testing the thermometers the US Navy used for the submarine battery maintenance. +-2F was the line and about 10% failed.

The temperature average for any location can change 2C year to year. Not saying it accumulates.

They are picking fly shit out of pepper with the 2 and 3C BS.

Dime

Putin has cost us huge.
A quarter of our national budget goes to defense, mostly because of him. And... he's Chumps buddy.
We'd be so much better off if Putin got the axe.
I think they are going to throw Zelensky in front of the train and make him the fall guy and back off on Putin and start a new war with China.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
No way can the map the entire world and get an average temp and no way do we have actual numbers from years past. Thermometers are just not that accurate. Many weather stations are in urban areas over concrete at airports.

One of my past jobs was testing the thermometers the US Navy used for the submarine battery maintenance. +-2F was the line and about 10% failed.

The temperature average for any location can change 2C year to year. Not saying it accumulates.

They are picking fly shit out of pepper with the 2 and 3C BS.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
So the plastic in a pressure cooker YouTube was nonsense that you posted? Welcome to the Club.
Not a nonsense, but it isn't a 100% replacement for Russian diesel, because like i wrote earlier, Russian diesel is still cheaper, but to get something back for the waste it left behind.
Only 40% of the plastic can be recycled and the other 60% is burned or buried on a landfill, so this is possibility to do something usefull with it, especially for third world countries.

Three Berries

That is exactly what I would be publishing if I were being paid to push Climate Change. 1/10 of a degree and can be calibrated to read any spread they want......

I probably have 30 thermometers of some sort around the house most are digital controllers which I can dial in any error calibration. But I have some dial bimetal types that can be adjusted too. When I worked in the old chem lab checking alcohol thermometers for accuracy we had a traceable to Federal standards mercury one that was from 32F to 100F in 1/10th degree divisions. When they closed up the place it came home with me and a few others.

They don't go over the whole globe. The NWS and NOAA use land based weather stations, mine is one of them. If you had intimate knowledge of temperature data gathering you would see how foolish you are in saying 1/10 of a degree......

Last edited:

Three Berries

Anyone here have a Personal Weather Station? I'm on my 4th Davis model. Got records back to 1980.

Here's a pic of the current setup, Davis Weather Vantage Pro with wireless transmission. Been here since 2017 it looks like.
Weather station 2 (2017_04_29 22_58_07 UTC).jpg

What's wrong with the station setting temperature wise? It fails a standard. It's not the wooden pole.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts