What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Three Berries

chem plant close by doing lots of research with plastics, recycling etc. they make the vast majority of drink and water bottles, 2 liter bottles etc . working toward making all of what they make recyclable.
I use to work for Ice River Springs water bottler a typical Vertically organized Canadian company that made the product from beginning to end. We recycled all our plastic but it will degrade the final product. Maybe 10% could be reintroduced to virgin plastic or the bottle gets soft.

And the caps/neck rings are not compatible with the bottle plastic.

Recycling plastic really is contrary to the environmental goals of carbon containment unless it can be reused in a less energy intensive way than using virgin material.

Plastics are a major part of our lives and really we cannot go back. If tying up carbon is a worthy goal, then using plastics is a good way to do that. At least we benefit from the use and it takes decades to centuries to eons to degrade back to elemental carbon.

Rico Swazi

lots to say on the subject of microplastics now eh berries?
Way back then you cowered when I called you out
you let the noodle take over but he can't save you now
still talkin Co2 like it is the end all

Not so dumb we let people tell us how the world is.

Hey you won't believe your lying eyes right?????

Who told you to use miracle gro or you dumb enough on your own?

No offense in an offensive way but wonder if you might have stock options in big polluters?

Lying eyes can't see the garbage dump that was the Pacific ocean, they muddle it up with everything C02

deniers tell me that floating pile of degrading plastic doesn't affect the planet's climate... and life overall.

First ones to bring up micro plastics in our blood are the deniers saying THEY didn't do it.

the wheels on the bus.........

I guess you should first figure out what 'climate' means. The garbage in the ocean and the toxins in your blood are 'environmental' concerns, not 'climate' concerns.

Hempy McNoodle is an environmentalist (concerned that the environment is being ignored in favor of pseudoscientific greenhouse gas theory).

deniers tell me that floating pile of degrading plastic doesn't affect the planet's climate... and life overall.

Three Berries

lots to say on the subject of microplastics now eh berries?
Way back then you cowered when I called you out
you let the noodle take over but he can't save you now
still talkin Co2 like it is the end all

Plastic is a part of modern life. We aren't getting rid of it anymore than fossil fuels.

The floating pile out in the oceans isn't from USA. Please have them clean up their own mess.

Three Berries

Ever wonder were we send our plastic garbage?

I know you haven't
Around here we have what is called weekly garbage pickup and they sort the garbage and then landfill what they don't separate.

Doesn't take much investigation to see where that plastic comes from.

audiohi

Veteran
merlin_155533848_aa52ba1e-5550-444e-b8d5-e31054c35935-superJumbo.jpg

audiohi

Veteran
Looks to me like it's getting recycled. Most industrial places do bale their plastics waste.

You should have seen the plastic waste we had at the old water bottler. At least a bale or two a shift.

What a maroon.....

Is that what it looks like?

Here's where that photo came from.

Recyclers Cringe as Southeast Asia Says It’s Sick of the West’s Trash
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/world/asia/asia-trash.html

The raid, in the town of Telok Gong this week, was among the latest efforts by officials to shut down unlicensed dumps holding plastic scrap imported from the United States and other rich countries.

Three Berries

$$$$$

And that's how the mentally feeble justify it
Justify what, using plastic? Why don't you look up rivers of trash.

If the US EPA wasn't such NAZIs we would be recycling it here in the USA or burying it in landfills. Why is is cheaper to ship it half way around the world than to dispose of it here in where it's used?

Rico Swazi

Plastic is a part of modern life. We aren't getting rid of it anymore than fossil fuels.

The floating pile out in the oceans isn't from USA. Please have them clean up their own mess.

3 braincells

Your posts in thread, and this forum in general, demonstrate the detrimental effects of your sniffing melted plastic over the years
Outspoken AND incredibly stupid is no way to go through life yet you made it thus far
Hiring noodles at your bakery so that he could continue harassing phone calls was not a surprise

20220324_141341 (2).jpg

Three Berries

3 braincells

Your posts in thread, and this forum in general, demonstrate the detrimental effects of your sniffing melted plastic over the years
Outspoken AND incredibly stupid is no way to go through life yet you made it thus far
Hiring noodles at your bakery so that he could continue harassing phone calls was not a surprise

View attachment 18808140
Look at all the plastic in that picture.....

At least I have three brain cells, more than you?

Latest posts

Latest posts