What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought we were talking about tearing up the forest for pasture land?

But farmland that is intensively used also intensively captures CO2. Turns out billions of tons of organic matter yearly. They push the corn to the limit and the corn sucks up the CO2 to the limit. We use the corn for 1000s of things and it goes back into the carbon cycle.

Same would be true of rutabagas..
I just interjected some truth about the irresponsible farming practices in your area. You are the one who brought up plowing grasslands.

Three Berries

I just interjected some truth about the irresponsible farming practices in your area. You are the one who brought up plowing grasslands.
No someone was talking about tearing up rainforest for cattle grazing.

I think the farmers today are quite responsible compared to 40 years ago. They can't afford to not be. What don't you like?

buzzmobile

Veteran

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you drain swamps that are treeless it turns into weedlands. They call it horse weed as it gets as tall as a horse.
so? Do know anything about the original grasslands of America? As with many things, it is unfortunate farmers did not embrace these, rather than destroy them along with the supportive fungal network. The ultimate permaculture.

1673644886286.png

1673644941405.png

Three Berries

nothing to do with what you stated re; grasslands vs treelands plowed-cleared but good for you. On my 300 acres, I only had 50-60 year old second growth and cleared pasture/hay.
Tough shit I guess. You must not like to eat? Or you would like to see the worlds population drastically reduced?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tough shit I guess. You must not like to eat? Or you would like to see the worlds population drastically reduced?
You must know zero about regenerative farming and please elucidate how your statement relates? - especially to the post you quoted. Very strange.

Latest posts

Latest posts