What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

VenerableHippie

How artistic !

The contrast of the lush green hillside, with the dramatic contrast of the shiny black trash bags.

Where was that taken anyway ?
I went looking for an alternative life in the 1970's and time after time I kept coming across apathy, indifference, ignorance and sometimes stupidity ... all masquerading under the alternative or hippie banner.

In fact this was good because I had to learn to go my own way!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the "real" hippies turned into yuppies,today's hippies are just a bunch of unmotivated folks with poor hygiene and bad grooming...still better than trustifarians:rasta:
eating enough brown rice & fighting off body lice in close quarters living will make you want to earn some money...todays hippies are piss-poor copies of the originals and are not motivated by the same ideals of those in the 60s and 70s...

h.h.

Veteran
Kern River campers. Not just the “enlightened”. Nature lovers too. Here in lies the stench of defeat. On their own, people are pigs. You can spend your entire existence dedicated to a better world as you stumble through the trash of others. Be a steward to the land and they’ll build a Walmart in your honor.
30E1772F-BDB8-4813-BD8D-8FDF9D76366F.jpeg

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sound like Australian MAGA :biglaugh:
You sound again like you do not even know what MAGA really represents - the rape of nature. Get with the real world Hempy. You talk of your love of nature but really you are a weekend pretender; one of those stupid city people who show up to drink their fill, most of them leaving their mark.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First it was the hippies…now it’s just a bunch of Barneys telling the same stories.
Barnabas or

barney​

[ bahr-nee ]

noun, plural bar·neys.
Informal.
  1. an argument.
  2. a prizefight.
  3. a fight or brawl.
  4. a blunder or mistake.
a small locomotive used in mining and logging.
Movie Slang. a heavily padded cover for a camera, used to reduce the camera noise so that it will not be picked up by the sound-recording equipment.

St. Phatty

Kern River campers. Not just the “enlightened”. Nature lovers too. Here in lies the stench of defeat. On their own, people are pigs. You can spend your entire existence dedicated to a better world as you stumble through the trash of others. Be a steward to the land and they’ll build a Walmart in your honor.
View attachment 18755237

Americans are too Stupid to learn how to do 2 simple things -
* recycle Polyethylene
* recycle Styrene

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
12E7461D-B2BA-4D99-9E1B-C66142CA6C86.jpeg

In my own dialog…Bubbas (rednecks in diesel monster rigs and pull along campers with guns, quads/side by sides) and Barneys (overly liberal REI types with Outbacks or Prius and fancy never used gear)….I’ve observed over the years..after a while most outdoors folk fall into one of those two categories.

Then there are adventure dirt bags….not to be confused with dirty cult like hippies

New age witches are a subspecies of the dirty hippies

…and educated naturalist (includes wildlife photographers)

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18755367

In my own dialog…Bubbas (rednecks in diesel monster rigs and pull along campers with guns, quads/side by sides) and Barneys (overly liberal REI types with Outbacks or Prius and fancy never used gear)….I’ve observed over the years..after a while most outdoors folk fall into one of those two categories.

Then there are adventure dirt bags….not to be confused with dirty cult like hippies

New age witches are a subspecies of the dirty hippies

…and educated naturalist (includes wildlife photographers)
Damn surfers. Outback dreamer but had to get an antique burb. (unhappy pose)

1662919177457.jpeg