What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I saw some current film of the reservoirs in Cal!!!!!! I 'll bet your water supplies are privatised, eh? Run for profit. That happened in Western Australia and sure enough the underground aquifer was drained. What a fuck up ...
water here comes out of the Holston River, thankfully UPSTREAM from where the munitions plant dumps shit into it constantly. plenty of water here in the east (sometimes TOO much) but much of it not "safe" to drink really...

VenerableHippie

California has had a population explosion. Providing more water only brings more people.
I saw a documentary last night on the Colorado River, Mears reservoir, Hoover Dam. There were some young farmers interviewed. They hadn't believed it possible they would run out of water. Climate sceptics, y'know. They were a bit stunned all in all.

I forget which is the northernmost state in the Colorado's catchment but those guys were complaining they hadn't had their fair share of the water yet and they were campaigning their neighbouirs to get it. Like they were expecting their neighbouring states to give up some of their water.

What a fuck up ...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I saw a documentary last night on the Colorado River, Mears reservoir, Hoover Dam. There were some young farmers interviewed. They hadn't believed it possible they would run out of water. Climate sceptics, y'know. They were a bit stunned all in all.

I forget which is the northernmost state in the Colorado's catchment but those guys were complaining they hadn't had their fair share of the water yet and they were campaigning their neighbouirs to get it. Like they were expecting their neighbouring states to give up some of their water.

What a fuck up ...
can you pronounce "entitled" ? of COURSE you can. "hey, i'm sorry that you need to drink and all, but my wheat aint lookin' too good..."

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Yes, that's the guy. Australia has already exceeded its limits to growth. Based on availability of water. And that was before the global dry became evident. (Altho north Africa was deep in the shit.)
Totally agree, yet there is still talk of a "big Australia". I am against expanding our population. I love living in a diverse multicultural country and am not against immigration. I am speaking purely from an environment and being able to feed ourselves standpoint.

Speaking of river systems, what a disaster is our Murray/Darling system when the inevitable droughts hit.

VenerableHippie

Totally agree, yet there is still talk of a "big Australia". I am against expanding our population. I love living in a diverse multicultural country and am not against immigration. I am speaking purely from an environment and being able to feed ourselves standpoint.

Speaking of river systems, what a disaster is our Murray/Darling system when the inevitable droughts hit.
Yes, of course. Immigration, multi culturalism, diversity. These ideas are the mainstay of DEMOCRACY. When people won't entertain these ideas their beliefs rest on violence.

The subtext to what these anti people are saying is: If you're not with us you must be agin us. (so theirs is an either/or circularity)

Too many people? Well I agree. I live 70k's from a city and we had pools in a creek with a wonderful mountain background all to ourselves. Until someone put the place on Facebook. Now we get 100 vehicles at a time up there during hols. And their rubbish washes down to my place when the creeks flood. The only 'good' thing about this is we get a 'better' road.

But what are we to do (collectively speaking)? If even Haters like Mc Doodle deserve a life, then we must find a way of putting up with too many people, be they kind or hateful, brave or fearful, brown black or brindle.

Murray/Darling? Sharing that river system is a difficult problem. So far commercial interests have the upper hand. I don't like to be gloomy but I think they will prevail until the last because people do not want to go without their stuff. (Fancy imported processed food, entertainment, global travel, 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms plus a rumpus room, new car every three years. All on hire purchase.)

Hempy McNoodle

Yes, of course. Immigration, multi culturalism, diversity. These ideas are the mainstay of DEMOCRACY. When people won't entertain these ideas their beliefs rest on violence.

The subtext to what these anti people are saying is: If you're not with us you must be agin us. (so theirs is an either/or circularity)

Too many people? Well I agree. I live 70k's from a city and we had pools in a creek with a wonderful mountain background all to ourselves. Until someone put the place on Facebook. Now we get 100 vehicles at a time up there during hols. And their rubbish washes down to my place when the creeks flood. The only 'good' thing about this is we get a 'better' road.

But what are we to do (collectively speaking)? If even Haters like Mc Doodle deserve a life, then we must find a way of putting up with too many people, be they kind or hateful, brave or fearful, brown black or brindle.

Murray/Darling? Sharing that river system is a difficult problem. So far commercial interests have the upper hand. I don't like to be gloomy but I think they will prevail until the last because people do not want to go without their stuff. (Fancy imported processed food, entertainment, global travel, 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms plus a rumpus room, new car every three years. All on hire purchase.)
You seem to be lacking self-awareness, bigtime and are once again projecting. Can you even help yourself, I wonder...
You refer to me as hateful (I actually hate absolutely nobody). You call people like me "anti-people" and then the next sentence you claim that there are too many people and imply that people like me have no right to live by saying "if people like Mc Doodle deserve a life..."

You aren't the VenerableHippie that you think yourself to be. Your virtue is false and is based on the undeserved degradation of your opposition. You can't handle the Truth. The Truth is that people like me want peace and harmony. People like you want genocide and mob rule.

You also have cognitive dissonance really bad.

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
You mean in Central California Coast ?

re. the Hurricane coming ashore in So Cal -
what is the chance that it will bring Dry Winds to some areas ?
Yeah. Los Osos on up. They can’t get water to build. Lots are going comparatively cheap. Once the water issue is solved, you’re good. I think Morro Bay built a desalination plant. Too much money there not to.

The moisture often doesn’t make it inland. Fires around Hemet will be hit and miss. They’re probably due for a good fire towards Anza.

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
Fail.

1A3A5FC0-FBF6-4271-9B59-7B2FECD03091.jpeg