What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

h.h.

Veteran
Take the water away from the cities and they’ll scatter like fire ants. Better to build circular roads and use barbed wire to keep them contained.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
after a fire gets hot enough and has wind pushing it, water sprayed in front of the advance evaporates rapidly, especially up off of the ground where the super-heated air is blown through. it would take a hell of a lot of water (which much of the western US and Europe is short on) to stop a fire in its tracks.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Start with a full glass of water; no ice. Add some ice. What happens?

Oceans and icebergs are a full glass of water with ice cubes. Take a big chunk of ice from Greenland and drop it in the full glass of the ocean with ice cubes. What happens?

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran

Oceans and icebergs are a full glass of water with ice cubes. Take a big chunk of ice from Greenland and drop it in the full glass of the ocean with ice cubes. What happens?
…but if I leave it alone for a while after…it evaporates into the air…like magic lol

armedoldhippy

Veteran

if all that sea level rise did was wash away rich assholes homes, i wouldn't have a problem with it. but that's not the reality of the situation...

St. Phatty

Take the water away from the cities and they’ll scatter like fire ants. Better to build circular roads and use barbed wire to keep them contained.

Author Michael Ruppert used to describe LA as "12 million people living in the middle of the desert with a 3 day supply of water".

If a person or group successfully targeted the main arteries that bring water into LA, that would be very interesting.

Chinatown2.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

img_20190414_024553_4-2-jpg.18749688

Meanwhile in Oregon - what a beautiful Sunset !

The fire is about 6 miles North and 6 miles West of the Grants Pass Walmart/ Fred Meyer complex where this picture is taken.

However the picture is looking Due West.

So the wind is blowing mostly from the North - Northwest. Blowing the smoke almost straight South - so that tells you which direction the fire is moving.

Which means it is pushing the fire directly at the West side of Grants Pass.

The fire was 1000 acres Friday, then 4000 acres Saturday, and now it's 8000 acres.

That kind of geometric growth puts the fire at the edge of the town in about 2 days.

Is this Climate Change - or just a coincidental lightning strike ? without more data, difficult to say.

I wish I could say something encouraging about what the town is doing, but the Apathy among the County Commissioners is ... kind of like the smokey sunset ?

The County Commissioners had a "Citizen Preparedness" meeting about 2 months ago.

I emailed and asked if I could present pictures to illustrate the 6 or 7 things I'm doing to keep a Small Fire Small.

They ... couldn't be bothered. "We're not set up for that". They have 2 large screen TV's and a computer tech at every meeting. I wanted to bring maybe 10 pictures on a USB thumb drive.

Total Citizen turnout at the meeting was - Zip, Zero, Zilch, Goose Egg. Everybody who showed up was paid to be there.

I would have gone but I'm much better at making a point if I have pictures to help illustrate the point.

The problem isn't Climate Change, the problem is Apathy in Adaptation, at the Group Level.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_024553_4++2.jpg
    IMG_20190414_024553_4++2.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

Much of it would evaporate into the air and some would add additional volume to the ocean, but the additional volume has weight to it and would probably compact the ocean floor further, as well. So, all in all, the ocean surface should not be expected to rise to any level that should concern anyone with ocean front property such as many of our world leader's properties. And, let's say that ocean levels did rise slowly over time. An easy solution would be to create artificial islands by excavating the shallow seas, such as China has been doing in the South China Sea.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Warming of the Netherlands not due to CO2, but due to a change in wind direction'

Perhaps good news for farmers: Mathematics and computer science student Jippe Hoogeveen had too much time and decided to analyze the daily weather maps from 1826, published by the German Wetterzentrale. He came to a remarkable conclusion; which was published in the scientific journal International Journal of Climatology last June under the title 'Winds are changing: An explanation for the warming of the Netherlands'. According to the young student, the rising temperature in the Netherlands is not caused by CO2, but by an increase in south-westerly wind.

In short: according to Jippe, it is possible that the wind turns over the Netherlands, so that it only seems as if the wind is coming from the east at the Bilt, while the actual airflow comes from the south. For six months he and his father, a lecturer at the University of Utrecht, analyzed the weather maps and noted the source of the airflow for each day.

This showed that the air in the Netherlands increasingly comes from the warm wind directions, instead of from the cold north. According to the duo, CO2 plays little or no role in global warming. KNMI has informed De Telegraaf that it considers Jippe's dataset 'very valuable'. Father and son Hoogeveen are welcome for a meeting at the weather institute, but have not yet received an invitation for this.

Attachments

• FagWg_dWYAANMik.png
    FagWg_dWYAANMik.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 32

Hempy McNoodle

CO2 is not the primary cause of Warming, Global or otherwise.

The combustion that creates the CO2, causes Warming - by definition.

I can only conclude that the American news media gets this 6th grade science wrong, on purpose.
I thought it was cow farts (supposedly)...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
CO2 is not the primary cause of Warming, Global or otherwise.

The combustion that creates the CO2, causes Warming - by definition.

I can only conclude that the American news media gets this 6th grade science wrong, on purpose.
so, the scientists studying climate change all failed 6th grade science too? LOL! gosh, how do they even find their way to work in the morning?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
so, the scientists studying climate change all failed 6th grade science too? LOL! gosh, how do they even find their way to work in the morning?
Astronomists are in big despair at the moment due the James Webb telescope beautiful new photos.The Big Bang theory never happened.How long did they us believe that 14 billion years ago the universe began to expand.
Don't forget this either.

20220720_144812.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts