What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

h.h.

Veteran
4237C28D-49D9-40FB-B295-052E53FC1840.png

IndicaFarmer

I’m a “globalist”. Taking out about 1/2 the human population is a conservative start. Objectively and randomly.
who has the power, the wisdom and the say of who can stay and who has to go? I believe a certain group during WWII was big on this idea. Certain groups and people were deemed not fit to reproduce or even exist. They were used as slaves and also exterminated.

IndicaFarmer

As I've said repeatedly, mostly to Hempy, it is not solely about CO2. To begin with there is a co-mingling of gases from many toxic sources which create 'whoknowswhat'. Anyone who thinks that human activity does not effect climate is really not taking a scientific perspective. As you guys like to say, there are no coincidences and as I say, for every action, there is effect.

In my opinion, in consideration of human lifestyle, the planet is over capacity already. This is due to human stupidity, huddling in cities and being reliant on money-asses to provide them with a JOB. If when the stupid people from Europe had learned from the more intelligent indigenous beings throughout 'much' of the world, instead of being intent on killing and conquering them, they may have picked up on what a sustainable economy is. They may have learned that it is not about a job as much as having value to your community.
stupid people from Europe? I had no idea it was one demographic that was Solely responsible for the downfall of the planet. Yeah, because China is so green, and many other thrird world nations that spew out billions of tons of toxic gases into the atmosphere. I wish it were as simple as saying one group bad, the rest good. we are all in this together I'm afraid. Though I do indeed admire traditional cultures that live in harmony with nature, only taking what they need, allowing the environment time to heal, to grow, to produce what is necessary and needed for the people residing upon it. We were all once tribal, we were ALL once native, organic and in tune with nature. We are all human beings and capable of returning to Eden.

IndicaFarmer

View attachment 18723444

applies to climate science as well
Ummm yeah. The problem is not that they know more and we are stupid, it is that they are deceptive liars that knowingly do the wrong thing and brainwash society to believe it. And they know that some of us know they are full of it. But the lockdowns need to be implemented for everyone's benefit! What a crock. Sometimes the bull is so thick you can slice it with a knife. But we are the A holes for knowing better for some reason.

IndicaFarmer

Though I think the whole climate change lobby is mostly full of crap, I do agree that clear cutting, polluting the oceans with plastic and chemical wastes, polluting our air and drinkable water and many more things is stupid and not in our interest. We need to live here, and we are only making ourselves sick and miserable by living stupid. We should all care about natural ecosystems and our food supply that is in sync with the natural world. We do indeed need to live smarter and better and waste less. Not just for us, but for the place we live and its other inhabitants. The fish we eat need to be free from contaminates, the water we drink should be pure and also free from contaminants. The land we live on should have large areas of natural habitat, because a healthy world helps us to live he best life we can liv e as a people. Climate change or not, we still need to live here.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
who has the power, the wisdom and the say of who can stay and who has to go? I believe a certain group during WWII was big on this idea. Certain groups and people were deemed not fit to reproduce or even exist. They were used as slaves and also exterminated.
Objectively and randomly. Like a natural plague.

You’re a slave. You just don’t like to remind yourself.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stupid people from Europe? I had no idea it was one demographic that was Solely responsible for the downfall of the planet. Yeah, because China is so green, and many other thrird world nations that spew out billions of tons of toxic gases into the atmosphere. I wish it were as simple as saying one group bad, the rest good. we are all in this together I'm afraid. Though I do indeed admire traditional cultures that live in harmony with nature, only taking what they need, allowing the environment time to heal, to grow, to produce what is necessary and needed for the people residing upon it. We were all once tribal, we were ALL once native, organic and in tune with nature. We are all human beings and capable of returning to Eden.
Yes, they were stupid, as you articulate in your later post. It is not about being tribal. People say to be greedy is human but I think not all humans. I have lived 'Indian' and see and feel the different attitude; way of life. I'm talking about current times, not just ancient.
Maybe the difference can be seen in catching and eating fish. In, let's say west coast peoples, catching and eating fish is considered always an incredible gift from earth and brother fish. In the 'other tribe' it is just a fish; tastes good; maybe I could buy and sell.

IndicaFarmer

Yes, they were stupid, as you articulate in your later post. It is not about being tribal. People say to be greedy is human but I think not all humans. I have lived 'Indian' and see and feel the different attitude; way of life. I'm talking about current times, not just ancient.
Maybe the difference can be seen in catching and eating fish. In, let's say west coast peoples, catching and eating fish is considered always an incredible gift from earth and brother fish. In the 'other tribe' it is just a fish; tastes good; maybe I could buy and sell.
I agree, most of the western European world has gone off the rails and become an all consuming monster, but so have other cultures all over the world that become modern. Modern, but not necessarily better or smarter. The more modern we and they get, the further from the source we all get. The life force, the goddess, the creator. We know it is there, but we pretend not to see it or hear it. We are too busy driving, eating, sleeping, watching tv or drinking. Mankind is definitely becoming something altogether not good. something alien to ourselves and nature itself. All I want, is a plot of land, peace and quiet, a shack, a garden full of many useful plants, and books to read. Maybe a companion and some art supplies too. But anyways, I do not want this, this thing called now. This thing called progress. I am tired, ill, depressed and hardened in the heart. I miss the splendor of a childlike mind in awe of nature. I will go back some day, I will retreat from this madness. They can have their politics, their jobs, their bullshit agendas that mean nothing at the root. I want to vomit up all that crap that pollutes me inside and out, soul and mind, flesh and bone. I am drenched with all this filth called civilization. I am sickened, I am corrupted, polluted, contaminated and used up by it. I will say no more! Oh, also I'd take a few tools and my knife/knives. A mid sized puukko and a semi/machete Ontario sp5. An axe too if it is not too much to ask....

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think this comic representation of price differences between a chain store and a local co op is actually backwards. Chain stores sell more, there for they can sell things cheaper, like Walmart for instance...... . But yeah, if all stores were local and there were no mega stores, it would be true, in a perfect world right?
Both beaten by a community farmers' market. I buy meat, fruit and vegetables at around two thirds the price of Walmart.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree, most of the western European world has gone off the rails and become an all consuming monster, but so have other cultures all over the world that become modern. Modern, but not necessarily better or smarter. The more modern we and they get, the further from the source we all get. The life force, the goddess, the creator. We know it is there, but we pretend not to see it or hear it. We are too busy driving, eating, sleeping, watching tv or drinking. Mankind is definitely becoming something altogether not good. something alien to ourselves and nature itself. All I want, is a plot of land, peace and quiet, a shack, a garden full of many useful plants, and books to read. Maybe a companion and some art supplies too. But anyways, I do not want this, this thing called now. This thing called progress. I am tired, ill, depressed and hardened in the heart. I miss the splendor of a childlike mind in awe of nature. I will go back some day, I will retreat from this madness. They can have their politics, their jobs, their bullshit agendas that mean nothing at the root. I want to vomit up all that crap that pollutes me inside and out, soul and mind, flesh and bone. I am drenched with all this filth called civilization. I am sickened, I am corrupted, polluted, contaminated and used up by it. I will say no more! Oh, also I'd take a few tools and my knife/knives. A mid sized puukko and a semi/machete Ontario sp5. An axe too if it is not too much to ask....
Not quite but almost. Not modern. That has nothing to do with it. Different consciousness. Tools are cool. It's consciousness. It's perception.

Three Berries

not sure I believe this but there were only microbes before plants...so what is your point?
Plants obviously need CO2 to survive. Without plants we don't survive. During the Ice age the CO2 gets tied up in the ice and the plants still in warmer climes suffer from the lower CO2. During the hotter times when the dinos were swarming the earth and huge flying multi ton reptiles in the air, because it was so dense from the high CO2 and the plants were thriving supporting all the immense mass of the huge animals.

Yet we judge the planet's health on the last 150 years of what we think is ideal.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants obviously need CO2 to survive. Without plants we don't survive. During the Ice age the CO2 gets tied up in the ice and the plants still in warmer climes suffer from the lower CO2. During the hotter times when the dinos were swarming the earth and huge flying multi ton reptiles in the air, because it was so dense from the high CO2 and the plants were thriving supporting all the immense mass of the huge animals.

Yet we judge the planet's health on the last 150 years of what we think is ideal.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the ice age had nothing to do with the dinosaurs disappearing (or evolving into birds) BTW wouldn't your heroes from MAGA, like Flynn say the world is 6 or 7 thousand years old.

Three Berries

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the ice age had nothing to do with the dinosaurs disappearing (or evolving into birds) BTW wouldn't your heroes from MAGA, like Flynn say the world is 6 or 7 thousand years old.
I believe the world is billions of years old. And I did not say the ice age made dinos disappear. And dinos did fly before there were birds.