What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

h.h.

Veteran
No. I pay more attention to the NASA reports. Don’t confuse politics with science.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
No. I pay more attention to the NASA reports. Don’t confuse politics with science.

NASA is a government sponsored/created organization. Telling me not to confuse politics with science is rich. Full fiber diet rich.

ManBearPig

Did I tell you about the time I spent a month in the swamps of SE Texas picking up the parts of Space Shuttle Columbia? It was a huge government operation. I met astronauts…and found all kinds of super toxic pieces. Don’t remember if the government had us sign waivers against getting cancer or some other ailment from handling those pieces. Not like you grid through the swamps in protective gear or anything. Nah…no worries

There really are black helicopters and SUVs with mirrored sunglasses wearing agents.

When we found certain items on their lists….called it in…they just appeared….and took the item away.

We found pieces of all the astronauts. Surprisingly fast….being as they were spread over a few different States.

Anyways…I still have a NASA sticker from that incident. God knows what else. Shoot for the Stars

* NASA is a big polluter…as is the military. Anyone in science calling to have those organizations defunded? No? No.

“Don’t Look Up”

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
And you were working for a government sponsored agency. Do I have to suspect you too?

Saw your OB stickers. Are you familiar with Peoples Food?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At the moment the CO2 level is 411ppm and according to Ed Rosenthal that's good for plant growth.IPCC scientists want to lower the CO2 emissions and eventually CO2 level < 400 ppm.You can ask yourself what will that do for the plant growth.
EDF.org rules out the influence of the sun.The sun can be active in sunspots or falling asleep for quite sometime and then we have an new ice age.

Where I live they build big islands of windmills in the North Sea to get so-called sustainable energy, but what they don't mention is this
View attachment 18743791
Heavy metal pollution from windmills, aluminium, zinc, selenium thnx to corrosion.
View attachment 18743792
View attachment 18743793
Ed???- hahaha So you think the flora was having a hard time prior to the human population explosion and all that wondrous CO2?

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
And you were working for a government sponsored agency. Do I have to suspect you too?

Saw your OB stickers. Are you familiar with Peoples Food?
Definitely suspect me. As I and I

I lived in OB a long time. Moved east to Pine Valley in 2004. Eventually you get off the beach or succumb to it.

I remember Peoples when it was still in…basically… a shack. Same lot bigger building now. Fucking hippies. Roommates that worked there.

There can be great surf off Sunset Cliffs. Dawn Patrol Motherfucker

Hells Angels town. Dago Choppers got burned down…

Seedy no matter how they try to gentrify it

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
i have read about cannabis grown in industrially polluted areas not truly being safe to smoke, because of its ability to extract certain compounds from the soil. have not located any scientific research on subject however.
A thread was recently started by Douglas Curtis about cannabis being a dynamic accumulator. He suggest that the reason it picks up whatever nutrients or toxins it can find is that the plant is lacking something and is looking for it. And goes on to say foliar feeding iron helps stop the uptake of random unnecessary things.

I have no idea how that relates to picking up toxins in the air.

I hope I didn't butcher his explanation to badly. I'll look for it and add a link.

h.h.

Veteran
Definitely suspect me. As I and I

I lived in OB a long time. Moved east to Pine Valley in 2004. Eventually you get off the beach or succumb to it.

I remember Peoples when it was still in…basically… a shack. Same lot bigger building now. Fucking hippies. Roommates that worked there.

There can be great surf off Sunset Cliffs. Dawn Patrol Motherfucker

Hells Angels town. Dago Choppers got burned down…

Seedy no matter how they try to gentrify it
I worked at the Peoples in Solona beach when it was open. Spent my time at Trestles.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I worked at the Peoples in Solona beach when it was open. Spent my time at Trestles.
….I’ll never go back. Those days are in the rear view.

There’s a Cooperative in Silver City. My wife and I call it Peoples. Same smell…same consumers…same product. They too…are expanding to a new building. I look at Silver as being 20+ years behind OB. Bullard street reminds me of Newport Ave minus the peer and bars. We have 3.3 million acres of forest instead of the Pacific Ocean.

Which is more polluted?

* I see a few OB stickers roaming around Silver

h.h.

Veteran
….I’ll never go back. Those days are in the rear view.

There’s a Cooperative in Silver City. My wife and I call it Peoples. Same smell…same consumers…same product. They too…are expanding to a new building. I look at Silver as being 20+ years behind OB. Bullard street reminds me of Newport Ave minus the peer and bars. We have 3.3 million acres of forest instead of the Pacific Ocean.

Which is more polluted?

* I see a few OB stickers roaming around Silver
I’m talking about almost 50 years ago. The Solona Beach store was located on Hwy 101 on the north side of town. It was an old house with a garage in the back where we’d bag nuts, cut up cheese, listen to donated Dylan records, Black Oak Arkansas, walk outside and smoke some dope. It was pretty casual in the early days.
I used to do a lot of fishing, crabbing, and clam digging around Pismo and Morro Bay. Made a trip to Del Mar last year. As long as I stayed on the beach, it was nice.
1972 I met folks growing organic apples in New Mexico. May have been from your area.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I’m talking about almost 50 years ago. The Solona Beach store was located on Hwy 1 on the north side of town. It was an old house with a garage in the back where we’d bag nuts, cut up cheese, listen to donated Dylan records, Black Oak Arkansas, walk outside and smoke some dope. It was pretty casual in the early days.
I used to do a lot of fishing, crabbing, and clam digging around Pismo and Morro Bay. Made a trip to Del Mar last year. As long as I stayed on the beach, it was nice.
1972 I met folks growing organic apples in New Mexico. May have been from your area.

While you were in Del Mar…did you go up and check out Trestles? Maybe a little more crowded than you remember. After we moved into the mountains…and after I resigned from the Forest Service…I barely went to the city or the beach. I gave all my boards away to friends.

When I was younger…for sure…I loved living in the OB war zone. It was still cheap then. The screaming schizophrenics on tweak…the smell of human piss…the nonstop action…bars surf skate …lots of drugs….punk rock..it was all good.

Then it wasn’t

St. Phatty

I’m talking about almost 50 years ago. The Solona Beach store was located on Hwy 1 on the north side of town.

California was a lot nicer 50 years ago.

A lot less poop on the sidewalk too. People had homes.

h.h.

Veteran
California was a lot nicer 50 years ago.

A lot less poop on the sidewalk too. People had homes.
I had a treehouse on the cliff. There’s condos there now.
60C5F332-70C8-4F55-B9EC-F6BA48484B96.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts