What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

St. Phatty

we have had several in this area over the last few years. whenever a barn or unoccupied old house out in the county burns, the local volunteer firemen get looked at very closely. it is frequently a younger one that gets bored just sitting around waiting for something to happen... a couple of times it turned out to be the guy who was "just passing by and saw the smoke..."

How do they prove it without a confession ?

It's trivial to start a fire with an accelerant without leaving any traces.

The only signature is, that there was no lightning, no downed power line, or not near a road where a car with an old Cat Converter, or dangling a steel chain, spit out a piece of hot metal.

SOMETIMES they find the piece of hot metal afterwards, e.g. a tiny piece of cat converter with palladium or platinum.

But even a chain throwing sparks near a roadway - the signature is the same as someone throwing a lit cigarette from a car. There was no lightning, the fire started near the roadway. Process of elimination, but not conclusive.

One of our more interesting wildfires started when a moron fired 64 grain tracer bullets, Federal XM 856, at the rifle range.

Now we just have to convince the rifle range personnel that they need more than a wood-handled rake to deal with a small brush fire.

Hempy McNoodle

giphy.gif

h.h.

Veteran
and you didn't stop for coffee?
I certainly would have. Rounds for everybody. Better I stay out of the way. I certainly do have respect for the those fighting the fires. . As well as the scientists behind the scenes. Especially the ones who have worked their way up. Gotten out of the woods in order to see the trees.

Our forests have been mismanaged for economic reasons. Logging, mining, tourism, and as a source of water. Cabins on half acre lots next to other cabins. Fire is managed for these reasons. While logging and mining have came under more scrutiny the backlash has became a let it grow policy. Well, you still have all those cabins, now existing as McMansions. Fires cannot be allowed to burn. The River ways are not allowed to flood, washing themselves out.

Along with the drought situation, the bark beetle infestation, there’s a lot of unburned dry fuel.. Global warming? Many top scientists say so. You can’t tell by walking through the forest. You can only see the results. You also see the results of when lightning hits a healthy tree. My guess is the number one cause of fire is fuel .

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I only have this account. But, you keep telling yourself whatever you want.

My agendas? What would those be?

Unfree? Ascending above? What are you even going on about?

I like to discover the truth (no matter where it leads). I like to share my findings and my thought processes. I like to help encourage others to ask important questions that few people are asking.

I think I understand why that would be problematic for you. It's because you are an idiot.

You’re supporting supporting White Christian Nationalism.

Bottom line. End of story.

Paint “truth” anyway you want…but it comes back to that.

Go shave your head

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I certainly would have. Rounds for everybody. Better I stay out of the way. I certainly do have respect for the those fighting the fires. . As well as the scientists behind the scenes. Especially the ones who have worked their way up. Gotten out of the woods in order to see the trees.

Our forests have been mismanaged for economic reasons. Logging, mining, tourism, and as a source of water. Cabins on half acre lots next to other cabins. Fire is managed for these reasons. While logging and mining have came under more scrutiny the backlash has became a let it grow policy. Well, you still have all those cabins, now existing as McMansions. Fires cannot be allowed to burn. The River ways are not allowed to flood, washing themselves out.

Along with the drought situation, the bark beetle infestation, there’s a lot of unburned dry fuel.. Global warming? Many top scientists say so. You can’t tell by walking through the forest. You can only see the results. You also see the results of when lightning hits a healthy tree. My guess is the number one cause of fire is fuel .
I actually thought you meant you drove past some of those small fires in Mexico.

h.h.

Veteran

Attachments

• D18BBE05-E274-4F28-8649-B4AE82735EB6.jpeg
    D18BBE05-E274-4F28-8649-B4AE82735EB6.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 25

Three Berries

….then why did you ask me? Where is your point proven? my my what?

Where are you even talking about? Rows of houses? Were you there? Trees not even singed? Means what? You should doubt this.

Start being up front…form a thought that isn’t compromised by whatever 1/2 ass narrative you’re listening to

* the most likely cause of a wildfire would also depend on location. Here…it’s lightening.

Conspiracy Theory : you and hempy are one
I'm sorry. Many fires out west are set by arsonist. I don't have to look it up as I have read several news reports over the years addressing the issue. Denying it is a major cause is a personal issue.

In California there were several fires that devoured row after row of houses and left all the trees.

1cbccb26-7bad-4ad6-8210-09abc72f936f-AP20167776781757.jpg

Forest fires are way down from a 100 years ago.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How do they prove it without a confession ?

It's trivial to start a fire with an accelerant without leaving any traces.

The only signature is, that there was no lightning, no downed power line, or not near a road where a car with an old Cat Converter, or dangling a steel chain, spit out a piece of hot metal.

SOMETIMES they find the piece of hot metal afterwards, e.g. a tiny piece of cat converter with palladium or platinum.

But even a chain throwing sparks near a roadway - the signature is the same as someone throwing a lit cigarette from a car. There was no lightning, the fire started near the roadway. Process of elimination, but not conclusive.

One of our more interesting wildfires started when a moron fired 64 grain tracer bullets, Federal XM 856, at the rifle range.

Now we just have to convince the rifle range personnel that they need more than a wood-handled rake to deal with a small brush fire.
some of the time, there is a witness (or a game camera). a couple of times, it was the same guy that " just happened to be passing by and saw smoke" and called it in. some odds, huh? some accelerants leave traces. we don't have anyone working at rifle ranges on national forest property. everyone is "on their honor", and there must not be too much considering the broken bottles & trash strewn around. every time i go, i spend half my time picking up everyone elses garbage...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I'm sorry. Many fires out west are set by arsonist. I don't have to look it up as I have read several news reports over the years addressing the issue. Denying it is a major cause is a personal issue.

In California there were several fires that devoured row after row of houses and left all the trees.

1cbccb26-7bad-4ad6-8210-09abc72f936f-AP20167776781757.jpg

Forest fires are way down from a 100 years ago.
Where you not seeing singed trees. Now show the entire picture of the fire perimeter. And even so….what does this picture imply? Also note…this picture is from way after the fire. It’s been cleaned up. Looks like a trailer park.

I thought you believed the news was “fake”

Hempy Berry

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
And, why would that be? Don't records go much further back?

What is "cherry picking?"
"Prior to 1983, the federal wildland fire agencies did not track official wildfire data using current reporting processes. As a result, there is no official data prior to 1983 posted on this site.

Source: National Interagency Coordination Center"

Latest posts

Latest posts