What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Cannavore

Veteran
the WEF is an unelected group of oligarchs. this is why you shouldn't give private individuals all that power. now you're worried about an unelected group of people who control every industry, undemocratically taking something away from you. just another highlighted example as to why capitalism is stupid and autocratic.

this is also why libertarians and ancaps are brainless.

anarcap-war-is-peace-freedom-is-slavery-ignorance-is-strenght-capitalism-is-anarchism_o_2406663.jpg

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
People believe so highly and so lowly in themselves…that they believe…they are destroying the planet…and its atmosphere.

…when…objectively…the planet has endured way way way worse…than anything…the Human Race can throw at it.

Anybody ever really watch the micro world? All that little stuff going to and fro in life’s tapestry?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
we would have to really work at it in order to "destroy" the planet. i am quite confident, however, that we could make it virtually un-inhabitable (and are cheerfully doing so) for ourselves and numerous other species we currently share the space with...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
we would have to really work at it in order to "destroy" the planet. i am quite confident, however, that we could make it virtually un-inhabitable (and are cheerfully doing so) for ourselves and numerous other species we currently share the space with...

The world is always in flux. It’s evolving. Revolving.

We will die off. This world belongs to the insects. From day one. Organisms that adapt and overcome. Stay small. Stay unseen. Stay in the shadows. Survive.

…or overwhelm.

What have humans ever done for the good of the planet? Nothing. Never.

…and take credit

Maybe this is our chance! We’ll change the climate! Burn up the ozone! We’ll push the evolution!

Last edited:

St. Phatty

we would have to really work at it in order to "destroy" the planet.

Actually humans have destroyed large parts of the planet.

What was once a fertile ocean is now a half-dead mostly over-fished ocean.

American farmers & ranchers are totally taking it in the teeth, because the land is refusing to support their farming & ranching desires.

Simple things like the disappearance of the insect mush that used to show up on our cars when we drove - those clouds of bugs are gone. As are the birds that ate them.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Nothing is destroyed. Hyperbolic phrasing…the sky is always falling. It’s been falling since forever. Part of the human condition.

Doom and Gloom

Things change all the time. It’s a dynamic existence.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

We will die off. This world belongs to the insects. From day one. Organisms that adapt and overcome. Stay small. Stay unseen. Stay in the shadows. Survive.

…or overwhelm.

What have humans ever done for the good of the planet? Nothing. Never.

…and take credit

Maybe this is our chance! We’ll change the climate! Burn up the ozone! We’ll push the evolution!
if you are in a hurry to die off, there are ways that you can pursue that which don't involve taking others with you. vaya con dios...

St. Phatty

We will die off. This world belongs to the insects.

I'm learning to raise Mosquito Larvae as a form of Animal Food.

I'd like to try eating them myself, BUT they do best when I give them food waste, which means germs. All I do is wash my hands in their tank after mixing the other animal food.

If I could get them to grow in Just Plain Water, then I'd try eating them.

The world belongs to people who learn to eat the bugs & worms that survive.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran

I'd like to try eating them myself, BUT they do best when I give them food waste, which means germs. All I do is wash my hands in their tank after mixing the other animal food.

…I prefer termites.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

worms and crickets etc already on menus in some places. worms, apparently, are pretty good substitutes for spaghetti, crickets & grasshoppers turn into crunchy little garlic flavored snacks... should have known they were good to eat, damn near every fresh-water fish on the planet loves them. "you are what you eat" :smoke:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
pretty sure i "understand"...

…if you did…you’d stop worrying about the world and its ridiculous people…and the insane sense of their life’s value.

I remember when I was in grade school…and we were taught that the planet was on the verge of another deep Ice Age. That was the 1970’s. The glaciers were coming!

Then…we children were taught…how to…crawl under our desks…cover our heads…and wait for the nuclear bomb blast

the fears were instilled early. the longer we live…the longer they grow…until if…we live to see the “golden years” …we either see them for what they are…or cower in our homes awaiting the end

About how this dices up wakey bakey

Three Berries

Farms around here are doing great. Bigger yields with less input almost every year. You can eat all the bugs you want. I'll stick with the neighbors black angus herd.

Three Berries

Glad I'm not on the side of the Globalsit wanting to kill off the human population. Spray chemicals in the air, want to block off the sun, restrict nitrogen fertilizer. All based on biased government funded research. Funding you won't get if you don't give the results wanted.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Glad I'm not on the side of the Globalsit wanting to kill off the human population. Spray chemicals in the air, want to block off the sun, restrict nitrogen fertilizer. All based on biased government funded research. Funding you won't get if you don't give the results wanted.

I’m a “globalist”. Taking out about 1/2 the human population is a conservative start. Objectively and randomly.