What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

It's the Climate, stupid

Hempy McNoodle

Seems to me ... in a nutshell ... the reason climate change is not front and centre is because of avoidance, denial, projection and anger that "I" won't get what "I" want (a fuel guzzling car, a home entertainment centre) because they won't be manufactured any more.

I haven't read thru the whole of this thread but I 'm sure it contains examples of members' avoidance of the issue, their denial of the issue because they just don't want to think in depth, and members projecting their ideas of a future which will just go on and on the same as it is now and always has been. That way they will always be able to get what they want, dream of, believe in.

Like yourself I have lived experience of climate change in the following way: the animals I used to see and hear in the bush around me are no longer present. And at a broader level the road kill we used to see any time we travelled is not there any more.
What does a "home entertainment center" have to do with "climate change?"

What does "climate change" have to do with the decline in wildlife numbers in your area? Sounds like they are disappearing due to being run over on the road (as you mentioned).

None of that has anything to due with climate change. You are (like most other climatephobes) are conflating climate change with environmental and ecological destruction (unrelated to the climate). All while accusing the environmentalists (non-climatephobic) of being ignorant. Roadways have a huge and detrimental impact on wildlife. CO2, not so much. In fact, CO2 is what plants crave (not Brondo!), and wildlife seems to like the plants!

audiohi

Veteran
Is Kentucky country enough?

nz0xomk49ee91.png

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
central & eastern KY taking it in the shorts right now. 16 confirmed deaths, still other folks missing, and there is still rain moving through the area. Coeburn, in nearby SW Virginia, has been partially evacuated. many bridges blown out, roads undermined, houses washed completely away. part of their problem is that there are still huge piles of debris blocking some channels of rivers from the LAST flooding. those break loose, jam up in a culvert under a road/bridge/whatever, and there is no place for the water to go...:whiteflag:

VenerableHippie

What does "climate change" have to do with the decline in wildlife numbers in your area? Sounds like they are disappearing due to being run over on the road (as you mentioned).

None of that has anything to due with climate change. You are (like most other climatephobes) are conflating climate change with environmental and ecological destruction (unrelated to the climate). All while accusing the environmentalists (non-climatephobic) of being ignorant. Roadways have a huge and detrimental impact on wildlife. CO2, not so much. In fact, CO2 is what plants crave (not Brondo!), and wildlife seems to like the plants!
I read somewhere here that I shouldn't argue with the stupid. That what needs to happen is that I hit them over the head with a two by four. It takes much less energy,
Hells Bells you are a dumbo ...

VenerableHippie

central & eastern KY taking it in the shorts right now. 16 confirmed deaths, still other folks missing, and there is still rain moving through the area. Coeburn, in nearby SW Virginia, has been partially evacuated. many bridges blown out, roads undermined, houses washed completely away. part of their problem is that there are still huge piles of debris blocking some channels of rivers from the LAST flooding. those break loose, jam up in a culvert under a road/bridge/whatever, and there is no place for the water to go...:whiteflag:
Mate, you should look out. Hempy is probably deciphering your words (slowly) right now and turning them to shit. As it is his Natural Right to do so.

Yeah, I saw this on our tele this morning. Wouldn't that frighten shit out of you when the wave of water came down on your place? See your family members swept away.

We had a flood this year the extent of which had not been seen for sixty years. Then in the next two months there were three more!

Hempy McNoodle

I read somewhere here that I shouldn't argue with the stupid. That what needs to happen is that I hit them over the head with a two by four. It takes much less energy,
Hells Bells you are a dumbo ..
Violence is not a counterargument. Sounds like you are simply lacking a counterargument and want to lash out like a typical Biden voter (or, cornered animal).

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Mate, you should look out. Hempy is probably deciphering your words (slowly) right now and turning them to shit. As it is his Natural Right to do so.

Yeah, I saw this on our tele this morning. Wouldn't that frighten shit out of you when the wave of water came down on your place? See your family members swept away.

We had a flood this year the extent of which had not been seen for sixty years. Then in the next two months there were three more!
he turns everything to shit. boy is a human compost heap, except nothing useable results from his "exertions"... "shit in, shit out..." these damn mountains have no room for extreme water events. no level land to build on, so 95% of homes built along streams....which is nice, until nearly 9 inches of rain falls in surrounding watershed in a matter of hours. water (like shit) goes downhill. the experts tell us these are "once in a hundred years" weather events...except for the fact that they happen every year or so now, i might believe them. :petting:

Absolem

The flooding in Kentucky is psyop by Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell. Rand Paul and Mitch are trying to steal federal tax dollars to funnel to the Trump campaign. There's no way modern dams could fail like they did. The dams have thermite residue on them. The dams exploded before the water even hit them. If you watch the mainstream media you can see the same videos played over and over.

Hempy McNoodle

"Look at all these masks! All because people want to drive their big ol' pickup trucks and put out all that CO2! Screw you climate change!"
- People who conflate environmental destruction with 'CO2 greenhouse gas theory'

xHrKs3yeNFKL.jpeg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sarcasm dripping from that like the rain falling here. bet good money that you just started yet another conspiracy from someone too stupid to understand...:smoke:

Hempy McNoodle

sarcasm dripping from that like the rain falling here. bet good money that you just started yet another conspiracy from someone too stupid to understand...:smoke:
Nope, just making fun of those who blame Americans and their need for home entertainment stations and roadkilled endangered species (or vaccine induced 'Sudden Adult Death Syndrome) on 'climate.'
All so they can label intelligent environmentalists as 'ignorrant' and deserving of violent beatings.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Gee, I did not notice that he even mentioned CO2 (mister stuck in place) and anyone who thinks deforestation does not effect climate - boy oh boy (sure smart) and man I really hadn't picked up on the heavy accusations of the environmentalists being ignorant. I'm so glad we have Hempy to set us straight.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
we've got dams supposedly to "control" run-off, but that does not work on the upper ends of streams, and at bottle-necks along the way to the lakes. bridges, culverts etc get blocked with branches, cars, McConnell trailers, all kinds of shit. until folks quit building in flood plains (or it quits raining) things like this will continue to happen. no way around it.:dunno:

Hempy McNoodle

Gee, I did not notice that he even mentioned CO2 (mister stuck in place) and anyone who thinks deforestation does not effect climate - boy oh boy (sure smart) and man I really hadn't picked up on the heavy accusations of the environmentalists being ignorant. I'm so glad we have Hempy to set us straight.
This is the climate thread and most of the climatephobes say that climate change is driven by CO2. I didn't say that deforestation doesn't effect climate (or, microclimate).

Last edited: