What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Info on Todd McCormick Original Haze

harvestreaper

Veteran
The Mother of Nevils haze is the 5HzA (not the clone getting around) so yes it does be it a small %, but I actually dislike NL and if I picked up even a small % of it in the high, I would have canned it like I did the SSH.

What you see in the top pick are the two sides of Haze used being the HzA and the HzC the Colombian and Thai sides.

Top left is the Colombian side of Nevil Haze, bottom right is a fully seeded Thai.

Close up of the Thai.

View attachment 19090376
a pure thai huh ?well i got that wrong ha but you get the point i was trying to make on appearances ,,didnt think for a minute youd select for anything other than sativa highs hempy lol yes those 17 /7 times are intriguing for sure an i look forward to hearing more

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
All the NH flower for 19 weeks and over even at 7/17 of lights on, oddly the reduced lights on in flower helps with the flower running less and the plants being a lot more manageable.

The Thais hate the 7/17, but they were also flowered very small when I put them into flower, but I was not after yield as I was pollinating them for seed.

TyroneShoelace

These are from Todd Mccormicks original haze?
Yes, preordered when he first released them around the early covid days.

Looks great , but is this Pure Original Haze ? , looks like a Haze hybrid ?, and is it not the Nevil Haze x Original Haze that Tod was selling as pure Original Haze in the beginning as shown by hempy on 1st post ? , I know Tod changed that description later on ?

Anyway looks nice either way
Hi and thanks OJD. Based on my reading of the history, while it’s easy to say pure ohaze should be genetically uncontaminated from the original population Sam preserved, in reality I don’t think we are even close to a consistent consensus on what people believe is a phenotypical trait of “pure original haze”, despite how passionately people seem to portray their subjective truth as the only truth. I see a big divide between the opinions of American and European growers, and frankly those discussions far too frequently confuse fact with opinion, and ego with experience.

As for the seeds I got from Todd, youll have to ask Todd. My understanding is that Sam gave the seeds to Todd. Mel Frank selected them. And Sam has commented within the past year or so confirming those facts and claiming that Todd (and Mel by association) has done a “good job” with the repro. I haven’t heard much other first-hand information on the AGOHaze, but if you have more I would certainly love to hear it.

Given that the expression of a population is entirely dependent on the selections made, and we are talking about a population that has been inbred for half a century… and further segregated by different reproductive with different goals… not to mention environmental impacts on the growing side, in my case being grown indoors, under LED, under 11/13 cycle, etc… “looks” can be helpful, but may not be sufficient to tell the whole story.

But I have no stake in what this is or isn’t. I am just happy with the smoke.
I haven't grown the modern version of the MH, but the original Mango Haze F1s test seed all flowered from 16 weeks and up some close to or just over 20 from seed. They had no ceiling to the high but like all hybrids including Haze selections is key.

A good Mango Haze will smoke as strong as the best Nevil Haze or Haze.
That is good to know. I am sure I didn’t get a great selection. I don’t have the room for big runs, so I take what I can get.

OldCoolSativa

I believe Todd made most of the seeds he sold outdoors from seedstock provided by Sam. He's posted IG pics of his place in the Bay Area. I shudder to think how much stray pollen is floating around the Bay Area at any given time, most of it Indica-contamination from the usual OG Kush/Cookies/Gelato suspects. I'd wager that's where the hybrids in his OH come from.

harvestreaper

Veteran
1730137373044.png

this reminded me a lil of the pheno you showed tyrone ,,this was pheno 7 from todds sadly hermied but was nice smoke