What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hybrids from Hell "Monk" northern outdoors.

WyattHerbShiwa

Find a tool to calculate the hours of sunlight at 54.3 north on June 20th id say.
Basically it went into flower 8 weeks earlier than strains normally do that far north.

Probiomer

In the genes of the monk there is an auto hybrid afaik, but it is recessive

A second female went to a friend. She startet 4 weeks later. Which ist okay too.
That would make sense. I remember hoku seeds talking about how crossing with ruderalis results in a mixed variation of auto, normal and semi-auto/early flowering plants.
I dont know if its possible to stabilize the traits of your faster flowering one. I think its unlikely because hfh have already selected for years for that.

It would be interesting to cross it with a semi auto strain like lebanese or moroccan beldia kif. As far as i know these semi auto genes are completely different than the ruderalis auto genes. That should also induce some sativa/indica vigor.

WyattHerbShiwa

Actually right now i have the chance to cross StrawberryGold (MightyMite, Erdbeeri, Purpurea T., Friesland) with an original Sensi Durban male.
I think that will be the partner Hybrid for the monk, to further outdoor-qualities.
Also Runtz will get some Durban pollen and then get to pair with the monk.

And maybe many more. :)

Probiomer

That sounds really great. Keep us posted:)

Crossing the male direcly to the monk would be also interesting for some cbdv/thcv action. Maybe you could save some pollen for that.