What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Sun spots are on a 22 year cycle. Those affect mini ice ages and green cycles. The earth also ‘wobbles’ on its axis as opposed to purely spinning. The interaction of the sun spot cycles and ‘wobble’ creates what may appear as random climate cycles in the short term but are part of a slower , more gradual ebb and flow when you ‘zoom’ out. According to ice cores , CO2 during the time of the dinosaurs or megafauna was much higher than it is today(and there were no coal burning plants or automobiles back then). We may have a minimal influence on climate but I believe there is a lot of hysteresis and what we have done, will take decades to reach maximum effect and any countermeasures we implement now will take an additional amount of decades to see if the countermeasures worked or not…
I guess what I’m trying to say is…

jokerman

Premium user
Sun spots are on a 22 year cycle. Those affect mini ice ages and green cycles. The earth also ‘wobbles’ on its axis as opposed to purely spinning. The interaction of the sun spot cycles and ‘wobble’ creates what may appear as random climate cycles in the short term but are part of a slower , more gradual ebb and flow when you ‘zoom’ out. According to ice cores , CO2 during the time of the dinosaurs or megafauna was much higher than it is today(and there were no coal burning plants or automobiles back then). We may have a minimal influence on climate but I believe there is a lot of hysteresis and what we have done, will take decades to reach maximum effect and any countermeasures we implement now will take an additional amount of decades to see if the countermeasures worked or not…
In a stoned state I read this twice and came up with the same thing.
I think we should include Big for his experience on the flat earth phenomena.
We should also include Unc because chances are he was around then .

oldfogey8

My neighbors Heri-Berry tucked into her shed for the night to avoid her lawn service dipshits making off with her crop…
IMG_4184.jpeg

This plant smells fruity. Her CDSRxND smells more herbal/hashy.

oldfogey8

Tomorrow afternoon Mrs Fogey and I are going to go do our civic duty and support a right wing nut produced movie called ‘Am I Racist?’ Not a fan of the parent company that produced the movie but I like Matt Walsh’s brand of humor. ‘What is a Woman?’ was comedic gold for me. I suspect this will be too. Of course it is the kind of movie you go to strapped because sometimes some people don’t like to let other people have their own fun…

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
In a stoned state I read this twice and came up with the same thing.
I think we should include Big for his experience on the flat earth phenomena.
We should also include Unc because chances are he was around then .
Funny, Big was the first one I thought of when I read it. Great minds think alike. Where is walt today? He didn’t send me an email

Dime

It's pretty crazy,the average family has 2 dependents here and makes about 80 so you have 40k spending power and our housing is one of ,if not the highest in the world in terms of wages. Average rent is $2200 a month,that leaves you with about 26 k ($500 a week)for the year for 4 people,fuel is about $8 a gallon,not much left for people.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
It's pretty crazy,the average family has 2 dependents here and makes about 80 so you have 40k spending power and our housing is one of ,if not the highest in the world in terms of wages. Average rent is $2200 a month,that leaves you with about 26 k ($500 a week)for the year for 4 people,fuel is about $8 a gallon,not much left for people.
Just gonna get worse until the people paying for it stop.
Here in the USA only about half of us even pay taxes mostly the people being vilified for being a certain color or sex.