What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How to bring terps and essential oils out on a strain?

Shua1991

20241005_105201.jpg
20241005_104941.jpg

20241005_104930.jpg

I'm starting a project I've been working on for 3 years now, starting a Nettle patch in my yard, then harvesting enough for fermented plant juice. Nettle has most of the macro/micro nutrients at ratios cannabis likes, easily absorbed via foliar and roots. Also makes great salad and teas.

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

Rocket Soul

This study has a lot to offer on different led spectrums, one of the conditions showing increase in terps with full statisical significance. I really recommend it.
Edit
Doh, its too large. Ill tryy to come back with a link

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

Dug out the link to the study. Main take away was that supplementing both 660 and 640nm was superior to same amount 660 red only in almost every way; which means studying how our plant responds to red, green and blue is probably a bad approach, unless you factor in what parts of these respective spectrum the plant actually need. With regards to terps; they were increseased significantly in the high intensity wide dual peak red condition; it was the only condition to achieve these results. https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/plant-science/articles/10.3389/fpls.2024.1393803/full

little-soldier

Ive not checked that link but as far as ive understood the carbon in the soil/nutrients is more to support bacteria/funghi and all those tiny beasties; which in turn get used by the plants; plants exude sugars from the roots and get nutes from the beasties in exchange.

If this carbon based nutes actually mean the carbon gets absorbed by roots it would be easy to test: just try to run a carbon based nute grow but sterilize the root zone completely. If it works without live soil then what you say should be possible.

Sorry, i dont wanna seem like im piling onto you and i dont really have a horse in this thing you got going with DC. But i think the discussion here seems to derail things a bit. Surely there is more to be discussed rather than rabbits and alpacas and what chatgpt answers we should listen to? Not trying to offend anyone

Does anyone have around any info on terps andd drought stress? Or any other type of improving terps? And are we talking objective measures or more "it smells better to my nose"?

If i recall correctly the thread was started by you by asking what could be the secret trick of your cali friend. Now it seems like your already know the answer and are just trying to convince us all. Lets get this back to a discussion rather than an pissing contest.

Sorry if my phrasing isnt diplomatic i dont wanna come across as abrasive just wanna discuss this subject that interest me further
Forget about smells, im talking about taste only. Only reason I mentionned alpaca is because of douglas. He knows i tried both and rabbit didnt do much. Im always open minded and looking for other products/methods to test and improve the taste of my cannabis. As for douglas well, he is just here to promote his future rabbit poop product which i know for a fact is a lesser product than alpacas. I posted my results on his thread over a year ago and instead of keeping an open mind and trying alpaca poop for himself, he discredited my results with lame excuses. Its ok douglas, you just gotta work on your ego thats all.

Last edited:

little-soldier

Ive not checked that link but as far as ive understood the carbon in the soil/nutrients is more to support bacteria/funghi and all those tiny beasties; which in turn get used by the plants; plants exude sugars from the roots and get nutes from the beasties in exchange.

If this carbon based nutes actually mean the carbon gets absorbed by roots it would be easy to test: just try to run a carbon based nute grow but sterilize the root zone completely. If it works without live soil then what you say should be possible.

Sorry, i dont wanna seem like im piling onto you and i dont really have a horse in this thing you got going with DC. But i think the discussion here seems to derail things a bit. Surely there is more to be discussed rather than rabbits and alpacas and what chatgpt answers we should listen to? Not trying to offend anyone

Does anyone have around any info on terps andd drought stress? Or any other type of improving terps? And are we talking objective measures or more "it smells better to my nose"?

If i recall correctly the thread was started by you by asking what could be the secret trick of your cali friend. Now it seems like your already know the answer and are just trying to convince us all. Lets get this back to a discussion rather than an pissing contest.

Sorry if my phrasing isnt diplomatic i dont wanna come across as abrasive just wanna discuss this subject that interest me further
and drought stress doesnt do jack to terps. got the same strain going for years and some plants are bone dry before they get watered. tastes the same so another myth

mudballs

There was this one paper and everyone went bannanas over it
It was a 54d flowering strain and they only did it in week 7...waited 11d, then fertigated again. I do not subscribe to this. Like marathon runner in death valley and you refuse the runner water the last 10miles...how the fk can that help a living organism?
Edit, of course it increases "concentrations",...you just dehydrated the fkn thing for 11d!

Last edited:

The Vermonster

There was this one paper and everyone went bannanas over it
It was a 54d flowering strain and they only did it in week 7...waited 11d, then fertigated again. I do not subscribe to this. Like marathon runner in death valley and you refuse the runner water the last 10miles...how the fk can that help a living organism?
Edit, of course it increases "concentrations",...you just dehydrated the fkn thing for 11d!
Subjecting the plants to that kind of drought stress can be a little on the drastic side, most especially during a very sensitive stage of growth.It is something like having a marathon champion denied a drink in the final moments of the race, non-feasible!

Latest posts

Latest posts