What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

House & Garden Nutrients

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
i do great with just A&B. total nute cost for a 6kw grow is about $200

Same here.. I use Aqua Flakes A and B along with Liquid Kool bloom for the first 3 weeks of flower, then switch to Powder Kool bloom for the last 3 to 4 weeks of flower. Works..

mgk :tiphat:

marmarb

Veteran
I use aqua flakes at 5 ml per gal of a and b from beginning to end I use a diy root excel at 5 ml I do use fox farm solubles though tried the terpinator didn't see a difference so I won't be buying another bottle this is in coco and rdwc. I wonder though could only using at low levels affecting my yields only getting 2 oz per plant should be alot better with strains being used

growteam

When I google Aqua Flakes NPK I get conflicting numbers. Can anyone confirm?

Aqua Flakes A NPK: 8-0-0
Aqua Flakes B NPK: 2-4-10

House & Garden Aqua Flakes Part A – NPK 4-0-2
House & Garden Aqua Flakes Part B – NPK 1-3-5

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran

Might be the difference between what they vend in the U.S. vs Europe or other places.. I know there's some differences..

mgk :chin:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I use aqua flakes at 5 ml per gal of a and b from beginning to end I use a diy root excel at 5 ml I do use fox farm solubles though tried the terpinator didn't see a difference so I won't be buying another bottle this is in coco and rdwc. I wonder though could only using at low levels affecting my yields only getting 2 oz per plant should be alot better with strains being used

What's ur ppm/ecu? What kinda lights etc.. has a lot to do with yield, not to mention strains.

Mr. Krinkle

yea you'll see that with almost every product on the internet - it's also because each state's npk listing regualtions are different

the bottom numbers look the most correct...or applicable anyway :dunno:

Heimdallr

Hi dude whats your PPM, and how are you mixing the tank?

1ml per 1 litre of Aqua Flakes isn't a lot at all, especially not for flowering plants unless you're using a lot of additives that bump up the PPM/EC.

Is your environment on the money also? As this could be causing an issue?

relic1981

Veteran
i have been using, with great results, 5 ml a gall cocos a and b from beginning to end and use the nutrient chart for all the other products, i use them all plus cal mag plus every third feeding (feed every time i water) and terpinator through flower. im not sure i see a big difference with terpinator but my buds are sugar coated so im sticking with it plus its only 50 bucks a gallon. bud xl is where its at though. i have recently been turned onto Heavy 16 nutrients and have been given the whole line to try. there are alot less bottles but apparently they are alot more expensive so it evens out to hand g i guess. im gonna give it a try and use 1 light for the heavy 16 line and keep everything else the same. i have a good amount of h&g left still and unless this heavy stuff is really the bomb i dont see a point in switching. i get great yields of super high quality buds with resin coating everything except the fan leaves, and even those are sticky and i use them too make a balm and use in my salads to get those cannibinoids and make the most out of everything. i make edibles out of the trim i use for full melt bubble hash and im still looking for a way to reuse my bho ran greens. i worry there are toxins and polutants inbedded in them from the process) anyways house and garden is a really well made line. as far as numbers, npk, i met with a rep here in northern cali and the numbers listed are all super low and told me its just because of state regulations. in cali and i guess other states , some ingredients aren't considered plant food so they cant include it in the numbers. just a labeling issue. check the .nl site for accurate npk or contact customer service.

catalyte

Veteran
whats the NPK ratio for the Soil A&B formulas?

sorry if this has been covered years ago, just checking to see if anyone wants to post a pic of the labels to confirm....

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
whats the NPK ratio for the Soil A&B formulas?

sorry if this has been covered years ago, just checking to see if anyone wants to post a pic of the labels to confirm....

I'd be willing to bet that that information is on their website.

catalyte

Veteran
^ it isn't on their website!

kinda pisses me off, but im not going to discount them for that yet since their line gets good reviews here....

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Shizzle works great, but sometimes, I feel like a Monkey. Even doing 30g rezzies - wait for this, wait for that. I'm so well-Trained by now, to do my chore of mixing it. Takes a little more time than other brands. Gets a little boring.. I add some other things as well - carbs - compost tea.

Top Shooter Liquid for NPK Booster, it DOES add a few days to the process, as reported elsewhere - but also adds yield. In an overly hot room, Top Shooter utterly fails in late flowering.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
You wont be pleased to hear they've gone out of production in Holland then due to stupid new Dutch laws :( - I'm proper pissed :(

Not sure if they'll continue producing elsewhere but I really do hope so...

catalyte

Veteran
^has this been confirmed? or just a rumor?

that would really suck if the dutch nutes stopped coming to north america for a while...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I can't find anything official but all the hydro/grow shops here are either no longer carrying them or as one shop owner told me, "what you see is what you get , op is op" - when current stock runs out, that's it

I can't beleive they wont reopen elsewhere anyway, they're making far too much money to just close down overnight eh?