What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Holy grail Mr Nice.

William76

I think when seed Co's are "frustratingly obscure" about there strain lineages they do there customers a disservice,if u want to keep it a secret just say,instead of,it might be this or it may be this,lots of reasons to buy seeds,one is to breed them,lineage is important.76

gypsyeyes

MHI
460D506D-2778-4450-BEB7-55CCAADDE3D8.jpeg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Shanti has always been frustratingly obscure regarding the lineage of the seeds he sells, especially so with mango haze inbred. I'm sure Hempy is spot on the the MH tester seeds he got had different parents and the strain was reworked to yield faster flowering offspring. Shanti said something along the lines of the MHI was line was an early effort to reduce the flowering time.

Connecting the dots, my guess is that MHI derived from the same parents that spawned the MH testers that Hempy grew. MHI packs now go for serious money on the MNS auctions, so the market sees more value in the MHI seeds than in Shanti's regular the MH. I've read all the MNS grow logs about MH and MHI, and it seems MHI does give more interesting plants, but MHI flowering times are all over the place. I'd love to find a 20-weeker in the one pack I have. I think MHI would also be a good place to look for late-flowering hazy males.
it was supposed to be earlier flowering not later ,
you wont get any 20 week flowering plants in it ,
and the flowering times were similar in the plants ,
i dont know how many times he inbred it but it s definitely earlier than the original mh ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Its about the facts not whether i got the test seed or not Donald.

The test seed was the first and that used the 5HzC -122 mother and the SkHzA father making the F1 mango haze seed.

The version that was released was a very different looking mango haze.

When it was released we all new the new version was very different.
exactly , so we dont need to hear about your test grow ,
since it is completely irrelevant to the current offerings...
am i to assume there was no second public test grow of what would become mango haze ??

have you grown it hempy ??

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Bring it. Provide me with Outback Haze seeds. I would be delighted to do a side by side. Tho @Wallynoland is right, the OHxVB sample I was sent earlier this year was found with seeds.
I can't provide what I don't have, but I love the prospect of this.
I assume Hempy has access since he has promoted the line so much as the only "legitimate" Thai78 hybrid Nevil "released"...
It WOULD be a great thing to see though, wouldn't it? The side by side?

Not sure people holding the unhybridized Outback Haze line would be keen to put their breeding stock into the hands of a rep from their competitor though, eh? This is assuming that you are associated with MNS.
Just speculating on who you are, and what the holders of Outback Haze might be willing to do.
They might be quite comfortable doing that.
You might not be who you appear to be either.
I know one thing . . . you're a damn good grower. :tiphat:

Hell, for all I know, Nevil could have shared the line with Shanti before he died.

Speaking of assumptions, I figure a "dance-off" like this would involve sprouting 4 or 6 unselected fresh seed from both sources. Not cuttings of a previously selected pheno. That would put the Grail at a disadvantage because the Outback seeds would be S1s and thus potentially more consistent.

But you "Dance With Who Brung Ya" right?

Can you tell us the pedigree of The Grail again? Just thinking about what kind of pheno spread we might expect to see.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
exactly , so we dont need to hear about your test grow ,
since it is completely irrelevant to the curring offerings...
am i to assume there was no second public test grow of what would become mango haze ??

have you grown it hempy ??
I have not grown the released version no need when i have the test seed version.

Jesse grew both the test seed MangoHaze and the released version he liked the released version very creative energetic type high but not as strong as the first version.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
…But the test seed is a different kettle of fish.
Isn’t that a little like saying you don’t need to grow Mr Nice Nevils haze, you’ve grown the GHS version 😀
Why would i get the released version if i already have the test version makes no sense for me and i prefer the long flowering heavy sativa expressive version.

Its not like i planed it i was just at the right place at the right time.

I fulfilled my part as a tester i did a grow thread i put the work in and was rewarded for it.

Peacefrog

Veteran
Getting back to the original topic, as I said earlier in this thread I grew out a couple of females of MNS Holy Grail and collected pollen off a male. I ran one of the females a couple more times from clone. It was a decent smoke, fairly strong but not what I could consider my grail. The aroma was earthy/leathery and it had an up high with a little too much brain fog to be a good daytime smoke for me. I went through my pictures from the time I grew it and couldn't find anything worth sharing. It was a very difficult plant to please and every grow looked like hell so I never felt compelled to take pics of it for posterity.

I ended up hitting a CBG Punto Rojo with the pollen I had collected from the male and grew a couple of those seeds last season. Here's a pic of the better plant of the two females, the closet thing I have to a pic of MNS Holy Grail - it's daughter:

full

This was a decent cross, clearing up the buzz from the Punto Rojo side and shortening the flower time and chunking up the buds from the Grail side, with a nice blend of the parent aromas.

You may now resume whatever it is you guys are arguing about.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I can't provide what I don't have, but I love the prospect of this.
I assume Hempy has access since he has promoted the line so much as the only "legitimate" Thai78 hybrid Nevil "released"...
It WOULD be a great thing to see though, wouldn't it? The side by side?

Not sure people holding the unhybridized Outback Haze line would be keen to put their breeding stock into the hands of a rep from their competitor though, eh? This is assuming that you are associated with MNS.
Just speculating on who you are, and what the holders of Outback Haze might be willing to do.
They might be quite comfortable doing that.
You might not be who you appear to be either.
I know one thing . . . you're a damn good grower. :tiphat:

Hell, for all I know, Nevil could have shared the line with Shanti before he died.

Speaking of assumptions, I figure a "dance-off" like this would involve sprouting 4 or 6 unselected fresh seed from both sources. Not cuttings of a previously selected pheno. That would put the Grail at a disadvantage because the Outback seeds would be S1s and thus potentially more consistent.

But you "Dance With Who Brung Ya" right?

Can you tell us the pedigree of The Grail again? Just thinking about what kind of pheno spread we might expect to see.
Not sure what the outback haze or my Thai has to do with this thread.

I dont work for Mr nice and Never have.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
How long did the plants take to show sex once they were flipped and how long did they flower for Peacefrog ?

They definitely sound like very Haze dominante plants to me just by your experence with the plants in flower.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I have not grown the released version no need when i have the test seed version.

Jesse grew both the test seed MangoHaze and the released version he liked the released version very creative energetic type high but not as strong as the first version.
so in other words ,
your opinion of mango haze isnt current
or relevant , since the stuff you grew has not been released publically ,
so why do we need to keep hearing about it ,
is this like some carrot hanging over the head of others ,
that you promote in order to give yourself more value??

sure sounds like it ,
ive grown the current version released to the public provided by shanti ,
and the ibl ,, i like them both , though the ibl i steer towards the thinner bud plants that are a bit more sativa,
asi that is my preference ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
so in other words ,
your opinion of mango haze isnt current
or relevant , since the stuff you grew has not been released publically ,
so why do we need to keep hearing about it ,
is this like some carrot hanging over the head of others ,
that you promote in order to give yourself more value??

sure sounds like it ,
ive grown the current version released to the public provided by shanti ,
and the ibl ,, i like them both , though the ibl i steer towards the thinner bud plants that are a bit more sativa,
asi that is my preference ....
My input is as relevant as any member of this forum.

Why do you have the need to put me and otherr people down Wally does it make you feel like a better man ?

X15

Hemp, Curious why you say… you haven’t grown the Released Version and no need to bc you have the test seed. ?

They sound like they would be pretty different though.

Are you saying your MH test seed popped the, what would be MHI, which then was inbred to what it is today?

Sorry just keep getting confused lol. Just trying to follow along.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Mango Haze was and always will be 5HzC- 122 x SkHzA.

Mango Haze was a tribute line in honor of Shantis first born i bet few remember that as that was posted in the Mr Nice forum at Cannabis world about the MangoHaze.

Now any version of the Mango Haze after that was based off the test seed so yes the test seed have an importance in the conversation if your talking MangoHaze.

What Shanti did from the point of the test seed to the released version is unknown.

There is a picture of the F1 Mango Haze Shanti selected.

Reactions: X15

X15

Mango Haze was and always will be 5HzC- 122 x SkHzA.

Mango Haze was a tribute line in honor of Shantis first born i bet few remember that as that was posted in the Mr Nice forum at Cannabis world about the MangoHaze.

Now any version of the Mango Haze after that was based off the test seed so yes the test seed have an importance in the conversation if your talking MangoHaze.

What Shanti did from the point of the test seed to the released version is unknown.

There is a picture of the F1 Mango Haze Shanti selected.
Ok I gotcha. Thank you for that.

There is a lot of unknowns going on there lol.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
What is the opinion on the current mango haze? I have almost ordered it several times but all the discussions over what parents he has lost and which version is better has scared me off. I'm not asking if there is a better version no longer available, but if the current seeds are delivering keeper quality plants?

Latest posts

Latest posts