What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Holy grail Mr Nice.

Nexus7

MNS grail re-works Nevils old lines while Nevil's grail incorporates new genetics like '78 Thia, Mullumbimby Madness and Swiss Thai and combines them with Nevil Haze.

Both lines should have excellent plants inside but it seems Nevils grail lines are more highly regarded at this stage.

OldCoolSativa

Does anyone know what the differences are?.
A lot more differences than similarities, which involves both strains using F1s of Nevil’s Haze.

Nev grew and selected new NH F1s from seed, Shanti used an old cut that MNS has. Nev outcrossed his grail project, Shanti apparently didn’t. Nev reversed females in his grail project, Shanti apparently didn’t. Nev was transparent and honest about strain lineage and about the male he used to sire the line, Shanti wasn’t. Only Shanti and perhaps a few others actually know what male he used in Holy Grail.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback.

It's interesting to see what was used to make their grails. If I'm understanding this, Mr. Nice's version was a clone x clone project using Nevile's work?.

Raho

Veteran
Thanks for the feedback.

It's interesting to see what was used to make their grails. If I'm understanding this, Mr. Nice's version was a clone x clone project using Nevile's work?.
What's wrong Hammer?
Normally you seem like the kind of guy that tracks down those pedigree basics himself.

Hell, this thread right here has information on the 2 breeders grail works that you won't find anywhere else. You just need to read the last 10, 15 pages or so. Serious man.

RingtailCanyon

Nevil's Grail: Neville's Haze x Mullumbimby Madness
Mr. Nice Holy Grail: (NL5HzC x Haze AC) x Haze C
Small difference.
Mr. Nice Holy Grail: (NL5HzA x HazeC)(Haze AC) x Haze C
It was reported as (Nevils Haze x Haze AC) x Haze C male
He says doubled up on C, but I see tripled up?

Hi All

Taken a bit of time due to the other workloads consuming me so my apologies for that but I do hope the new offerings will satisfy some old timers and new comers to Haze world.
Holy Grail came about from Nevil Haze bred to Haze AC , then we selected an excellent female NHxAC and bred it to Haze C male...so doubled up on the C...and after testing those beans over 2 long crops indoors it seems quite a special combination. Fore sure it is not for everyone, but those who love the challenge and pot of gold at the end of a rainbow may well find this exciting work. Little tip on this strain from my limited crops...go directly into 12 / 12 from beginning of germination...if you go limited space indoors.

CBD Gandhi-new CBD fem strain coming in at 8 to 13% CBD >0.2%THC...so feminized hemp strain suitable for hemp farmers saving all cloning work and setups....“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”M.Gandhi

will share the others soon as i see them flowering again next week.....hope those teasers are of interest to a few of you waiting patiently on me to finish.

All the best Sb

Last edited:

Piff_cat

the numbered nevil haze phenotypes used in grail all came from a 50 seed lot of "97 NH" that shanti sent nev. they were old when germinated maybe 14 years. with haze C being a full haze parent all of the diversity could be produced in nevils haze thru the a5 progenitor. "97 NH" refers to the last seeds that nevil made himself in holland and had been using that pheno since 97. he was adamant the work start with this line and its cool to know all grail nevils haze genes come from this f1 nevils haze with an elite a5 pheno for mother. there were few stages to grail
phase 1-

nevils haze outcrosses to landraces to add diversity to the 69 haze using landraces similar to his favorite nevil haze phenos. buddah thai was the description of what nev wanted to incorporate. he started with kanga using several mullum madness types, oxacan 85 and kariba surprise
several landrace thais found in NH grail outcrosses would be hempys 78 tia, "swiss thai" from green hornet swiss breeder with interesting old school genetics this thai described as thai stick/lowland and said to be very powerful in ojd work too. nev also used gypsy thai which very wild and jungly. here are some descriptions of the numbered nevil haze phenos

NH21 and NH36
1674360981655.png

1674361043056.png

1674361156911.png

1674361237663.png
NH 36.jpg
1674361366244.png

first 2 are NH36 last is
nevil haze 21 female

1674361402632.png

after the outcross to "buddah thai or haze like" lines one stood apart from the rest and exemplified the archaetype of 69 haze to nevil- hempys 78 tia. hempy has been preserving an old lowland thai inherited from his uncle i believe. nev selected his favorite female tia to be used in the creation of his crowning achievement outback haze

after the injection of new diversity nev wanted to make sure the line didnt lose any haze identity.keeping a haze progeny on each side of pedigrees is best way to accomplish.
step 1- nh36 is selected as the reversed pollen parent and is put to the 78 tia queen pistil parent
2- best female selected from NH36 x 78 tia outcross
3. nh 21 is pollinated by selected reversed NH36x78tia

outback = nh21 x (nh36tia)

outcross to 78tia and
backcross to NH21

1674362520283.png

Vegg69guerilla

Which I believe Nevil lost the originals, cause I'm pretty sure Shantibaba said Nevil only provided seeds.

But 40 years is possible, that original A5 Haze is still alive, a bunch of people are using her now. Of course that could be a lie too cause I don't think anyone can remember a plant perfectly 40 years later.
gooeybreeder has plants 40 yrs old..and that is legit!

Vegg69guerilla

....and if I can add to this wonderfully historic thread..many many yrs ago(bout 16 I think) over at breedbay a guy calling himself grower x tried to get in on the boards selling seeds(apparently he didn't check out to be grower x and was called out by various different breeders there at the time to be a fraud for probably selling and trying a scam elsewhere)
pistils got sent some testers from x to grow out and a few packs came to me as I was testing various genes for bb at the time...one of the offerings I got in seed form was "ss/nevs haze"..I remember hitting 1 female from a 5 pack and by christ,there's been one plant I ever toked that surpassed it in the kryptonite in 30 yrs in the game(which came from this same grower x in seed form as testers!!!)...I remember back then being fascinated by the growth..the smoke was that thickset, I was numb till morning chugging that stuff..ran it many times..I've grown a lot of plants over about 30 yrs in soil and hydro and had plenty of private garden samples from good breeders..nothing to date has really gone near that kryptonite or ss/nevs haze and I'm laying that down there with my heart..I don't know what version was used in them seeds but I put my house on the extreme potency came from that nevs gear..the guy that tried to sell these beans as a franchise at bb got booted out quicker than he came..it was such a shame..he apparently plagiarised an article on genetical drift and nearly got it published in high Times until Danny danko stopped it..grower x was a somebody in the canna community,think he pissed a few ppl off which is none of my concern though..I was heartbroken the day I found out he had been banned and was no more..he had a gift..that weed he owned would have healed many ppl..shit just hit different..I have one pic I think in existence of that ss/nevs haze...sort of mid flower and it was a giant..I'll try dig it out..I'm inclined to believe in my heart that the hybrid I smoked was a very small part of something special..my freinds still talk on the ss nevs and kryptonite to this day..I was healing the world with that stuff.
my highest salute to nev..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121_073820_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230121_073820_Chrome.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's wrong Hammer?
Normally you seem like the kind of guy that tracks down those pedigree basics himself.

Hell, this thread right here has information on the 2 breeders grail works that you won't find anywhere else. You just need to read the last 10, 15 pages or so. Serious man.

I do but with haze, there is so much info I can't confirm. Lots of it is hearsay. I've read every page here and in most haze threads. Digging into any haze topic for specifics is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. It's very convoluted info. If I can get a single page with the most relevant info is a plus. @Piff_cat post #716 is very helpful.

Last edited: