What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hightimes 2014 AMS

mr.haze420

Veteran
@Zam. Batavia's is easy to find. When you come out of
Central station cross the road then turn left. Central coffeeshop
Is almost opposite the train station. Keep walking straight past central
Central coffeeshop, Batavia's just a few shops up and Voyagers is
A little further Down the same street.

batavia opens at noon :tiphat:

zamzia

Veteran
@Zam. Batavia's is easy to find. When you come out of
Central station cross the road then turn left. Central coffeeshop
Is almost opposite the train station. Keep walking straight past central
Central coffeeshop, Batavia's just a few shops up and Voyagers is
A little further Down the same street.

I nominate you as my guide ;) Good man :tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
For anyone attending the 2014 HTCC in Amsterdam this year, my colleague Rob Clarke is giving a talk on Sunday the 23rd at 4:00 PM about "What Will Be The Future Of Cannabis" If you are interested please attend. At 1:00 PM my friend Bubbleman gives a talk on "An Overview of the Glandular Trichome and Isolation Methods”
I think it is at the Radion, I will try and find out for sure about the location. I will call them today. See you there.

Oh, and don't forget the 12th LEGENDS of HASHISH Dinner and Resin Cup, this year on the 25th Nov. 6:30 PM in Amsterdam, by invite only, ask me Rob or Bubbleman for info and tickets, you can find us at the HTCC Radion on Sunday at 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, maybe other times.

-SamS

Last edited:
Docta will be here ??!!
Oh god, it will be fantastic for me to meet him !
I'm waiting for my packs of Archive, so take some advices, etc... will be very nice !

And like in Europe we don't have shops selling Archive strains, I hope to have honor to sample some of his strains !

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I did talk to the folks at Radion, they say the High Times Cannabis Cup will be held here if the city government allows them to, it is under discussion. They also said 5 grams of Cannabis as well as Cannabis smoking will be allowed, if the government also allows it, also under discussion.
This may solve this years cup, but next year if the government and police enforce the 15% THC limit on hash and Cannabis sold in coffee shops then the cup is dead.
They say they will inspect and test all products sold in coffee shops with surprise visits to check products with GC analysis.
The government here also said a few years ago they would enforce a new law that said only people with Dutch citizenship or residency would be able to buy Cannabis/hashish at coffee shops, a few cities do enforce this, mostly on the southern border with Belgium, like Maastricht.
Most of the cities in Holland just ignore the law and do not enforce the law in their city.
If they do enforce the 15% THC limit in Amsterdam then people will just turn to private dealers on the street or wherever.
They will not stop sales of potent Cannabis, they will end the separation between soft and hard drugs that exists today, and drive people into the hands of dealers that may sell hard drugs as well as potent Cannabis products.

-SamS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I did talk to the folks at Radion, they say the High Times Cannabis Cup will be held here if the city government allows them to, it is under discussion. They also said 5 grams of Cannabis as well as Cannabis smoking will be allowed, if the government also allows it, also under discussion.
This may solve this years cup, but next year if the government and police enforce the 15% THC limit on hash and Cannabis sold in coffee shops then the cup is dead.
They say they will inspect and test all products sold in coffee shops with surprise visits to check products with GC analysis.
The government here also said a few years ago they would enforce a new law that said only people with Dutch citizenship or residency would be able to buy Cannabis/hashish at coffee shops, a few cities do enforce this, mostly on the southern border with Belgium, like Maastricht.
Most of the cities in Holland just ignore the law and do not enforce the law in their city.
If they do enforce the 15% THC limit in Amsterdam then people will just turn to private dealers on the street or wherever.
They will not stop sales of potent Cannabis, they will end the separation between soft and hard drugs that exists today, and drive people into the hands of dealers that may sell hard drugs as well as potent Cannabis products.

-SamS

lets hope that at least some of the idiots in power have an interest in keeping their positive drug stats from tanking in to the negative.

as you say the proposed regulation concerning 15%thc limits will just cause a big fucking mess of street dealers offering "hard" cannabis, next to the other less savory products that tend to sell on street corners etc.

lets hope good sense prevails and this law is recognized for all the problems it will cause, not to mention the huge added expense of testing all these strains being sold to make sure that no batch is over 15% the coffee shops will have to do their own testing so they don't run afoul of this bs.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran

-SamS
oh dear! this don't bode well,,,,surely the dutch powers don't want another smack epidemic like the late 70s early 80s,,,that would be a real tragedy,,, especially when you factor crack into the equation,,,s2

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Surely the idea is to control the supply of the drug through large corporate means.

Then weed can be genetically bred down to the limit which I'm guessing will keep getting lower and lower till you end up with the equivilant of American mainstream beer. Cheap, full of shit and poison and addictive as hell.
That, I'm sure will be just fine.

The other side of the coin is that stricter and more stupid drug controls drive up street crime and cause increasing problems. Then the people in charge just point out all the problems that drugs cause and stricter controls are imposed and harsher sentences till you have a nice little prison industry going like the USA.
Just remember that there are a lot of people who depend on certain things being illegal or they would be out of a job. Prison guards, prison staff, police, courts etc etc etc. They vote too. En masse. They have influence as well. Lots of it at the highest levels. That I suspect is really what is causing this absolute stupidity in the Netherlands right now.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah but the thing is the Dutch realized all that 30 years ago and have been living the benefits ever since. they have awesome low drug user stats, the lowest under age cannabis use in Europe and incredibly low amount of drug related street crime, robberies etc. so yeah if they turn their policy around much more they will start to make things worse step by step. just like when they did the weedpass thing, there was tv crews running around filming all the street dealers that popped up over night to serve the tourists in the places that implemented it. the public quickly saw that it was a bad idea to move all those tourist dollars to the street dealers, who pay no tax btw, as well as offering not just weed and hash to anyone, under age or not. although last i heard some border towns are still imposing the weedpass regs. so yeah who knows what will really happen in the short term.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It is easy to keep herbal Cannabis levels under 15% THC, just sell the product completely un-manicured on the stick and it will not be over 15% THC. Hash is a different story, if you take most herbal Cannabis products grown in the West and make hashish either dry sift or water hash, it can be 30-60% THC, as it should be. All decent hash is over 15% THC, and if they enforce the law the hash trade is over for quality, just shit under 15% THC will be legal to sell in coffee shops.

-SamS

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
you know those hash smokers sam. dangerous folk they are, must be stopped. :laughing:

The new regulations are either wilful ignorance or maybe something a little more unsettling. An attack on a section of the Netherlands population perhaps.
I mean you wouldn't ban whiskey cos it is stronger. This bodes badly for the Netherlands in general methinks. :moon:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you have any proof that the law which did pass is going to be binned let me know. Last I heard every coffee shop in Holland has received a letter about the new 15% THC limit law and what will happen if they break the law, get closed down.

-SamS

zamzia

Veteran
Oh! Got the jist that you were in Holland, didn't realise you were based in Amsterdam. Many apologies. You lucky man!