What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hightimes 2014 AMS

(Sorry for the late response, trimming party ^^")

A big thank you to you, Karma. Thank for your honesty !
I really appreciate !

And also for you gaiusmarius. Thanks for help and advices. :)

It's really shameful, they sent crazy videos about wonderful products which aren't accessible to the common-man (in general and especially outside the usa) ! And finally, it's only for few "judges", the elite...ahah.

I really thought that paying/free sample (~1g) were available at company's stands for judge only..
Anyway, I always knew it's a joke

It's sooo far away from my state of mind this event and I believe the IC cup will be really better for me and much more close to what i aspire.
I mean, culture/gardening is one of my favourite passion, I'll could write hours and hours about what I feel when I grow and all this happiness.

The only thing now is the hope to meet great people, really weed enthusiasts and learn always more !
But not sure to come, finally :/

(Sorry for the novel guys --)

mack 10

Veteran
The IC cup is what you guys want.

Don't be put off guys, the vibe in town for Cup week
Is just amazing and there will be plenty
Of heads puffing their headiest.
Just come with an open mind,
Let's make this a year to remember.

yeah, you're absolutely right mack !
But in the end, it's mostly a matter of money : the 5 days with judge-pass, hotel, transport, meals, weed, etc.... it's almost 2000€ :/

So finally, I think I'll come for 2 or 3 days, without judge-pass, just to meet you guys and have a good time.
But I will be alone, without friends or family..

I believe if a coffeeshop doesn't sell his cup-entry to no-judge, I will ask someone with the pass to buy me a gram ^^ !
But normally, I always come the week after the cup for trying all cup-entry and enjoy without to much people.

Really hope to bring some of my weed for IC'friends (even if i'm pretty new on IC and nobody really knows me), if Customs doesn't fall on me in the Thalys that going to Dam !

(oh and yeah, sorry, I often write novels >_< héhé)

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
yeah, you're absolutely right mack !
But in the end, it's mostly a matter of money : the 5 days with judge-pass, hotel, transport, meals, weed, etc.... it's almost 2000€ :/

So finally, I think I'll come for 2 or 3 days, without judge-pass, just to meet you guys and have a good time.
But I will be alone, without friends or family..

I believe if a coffeeshop doesn't sell his cup-entry to no-judge, I will ask someone with the pass to buy me a gram ^^ !
But normally, I always come the week after the cup for trying all cup-entry and enjoy without to much people.

Really hope to bring some of my weed for IC'friends (even if i'm pretty new on IC and nobody really knows me), if Customs doesn't fall on me in the Thalys that going to Dam !

(oh and yeah, sorry, I often write novels >_< héhé)

Again same here, think about to listen to lessons on Tuesday. So i wil go 1 Day HTTC and rest City with IC Member i hope :p

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
in all fairness to hightimescannabiscup, it's not them who don't want the seed companies to give out free weed, it's the cops that stamped down on this activity. the seed companies like to give out samples normally as it's good advertizing for them in the end too.

with any luck some of the seed companies will be at the evening events, maybe there they will smoke peeps out a bit. what ever happens there should be enough spliffs being passed around to keep everyone smoked up. at least i hope so, lol.

Thank you gaius, I appreciate !
ok i understand for free sample, etc...

But I thought it was possible to buy 1 or 2 grams on the Companys stands, and judge their stuff.
Why they don't do that ?! Police has nothing to do with that, no ?

I mean, ok shops have the licence for selling weed/hash, but what about stands in the expo ? Is it just a licence-selling question ??
but I refuse to pay for a pass as expensive and simply rely on luck and/or the friendliness of the seeds company!

Maybe a 1 day-pass but damn, 50€ for a day it's shameful !

Thanks again for your help and your honesty guys =)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as you said you can borrow peoples passes to buy a sample of particular interest here and there.

also with so many people coming, it might be better to do the wake and bakes in the prix d ami. that way we have more space and i don't think you need the pass to go in.

PapstUrban

Thank you gaius, I appreciate !
ok i understand for free sample, etc...

But I thought it was possible to buy 1 or 2 grams on the Companys stands, and judge their stuff.
Why they don't do that ?! Police has nothing to do with that, no ?

I mean, ok shops have the licence for selling weed/hash, but what about stands in the expo ? Is it just a licence-selling question ??
but I refuse to pay for a pass as expensive and simply rely on luck and/or the friendliness of the seeds company!

Maybe a 1 day-pass but damn, 50€ for a day it's shameful !

Thanks again for your help and your honesty guys =)
Its becouse just a coffeeshop have a licens to sell weed or hash, no seedcompany and also no coffeeshop at the expo! Before 2011 nobady cares about whats going on at the expo, but since 2011 the police is watching that nobady breaks the laws. Its just promotion for a seedcompanie to be there, they can show you buds from them but not much maybe one single bud from each strain.
Honestly amsterdam cannabiscup expo is dead since 2011!! You will have much more fun in the city without this overpriced judgepass. Enjoy the coffeeshop culture and meet nice people thats what the cannabis cup is, not more and not less.

Yeah that's true Papst, dead since 2011 (was here for 2010 & 2011 cup)

For me it will be just for meeting, sharing and smoking this time !

I have the Thalys Card, so I don't pay for the train: I've enjoy this awesome town much than necessary lol ^^

NerdGemetics

Also will be in Town but not really going to the Expo its more link up with Pals ive not seen for ages or only see when its Cup Days....

I'm going to the cup! This will be my first time in Amsterdam, as well as Europe! So excited. This is my ninth year in the industry...I finally have a moment to check out things in the old world. After the event, I am off to Germany for back surgery...going to come back to the states as a new person! :) Looking forward to learning the culture, and checking out the coffee shops that I have read about since I was a kid. If anyone has any pointers, please pm me...I love everything about this industry, if anyone has any recommendations of places to visit while out there, please feel free. Thanks, and see you folks out there!

74G

i'll be in the city too with Mack and lot others ic friends i wanna see... .. .

always good to see good friends and make new ones... .. .

all the best to everyone... .. .

Aokiji

Long time lurker here, I will be attending for the first time.

After reading what you all have said I have braced myself for a good but not "out of this world" experience.
I hope you guys can let a newbie hang, I'm looking forward to learning a great deal from you pros.

On a another note, I checked the Prix site and the said "consumption is obligated", does that mean food or bud as well? What if you are willing to buy food but have reasons for not smoking?

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Long time lurker here, I will be attending for the first time.

On a another note, I checked the Prix site and the said "consumption is obligated", does that mean food or bud as well? What if you are willing to buy food but have reasons for not smoking?

you aint obligated to buy bud there.