What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hightimes 2014 AMS

Tulku

Veteran
there's a few of our lot coming over during the cup but I think we're gonna swerve all this last minute unorganized nonsense, really got better things to do with my time over there.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
time will tell, as MrHaze said, just don't take more to the expo then you are willing to lose. officially 5g is all they allow each person to have. so theoretically you should be ok by just not having more then 5g on each person in the group. spread that weed around i9f you carrying a lot, lol.

although it would really suck if they get raided during the expo, you'd think they will know how to avoid it. but yeah 5 g each should be safe.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I remember that raid as yesterday, first time i did a booth at HT, It changed the whole thing, its not the masive Smoke out at The expo anymore, which made judges hang more in town.

Last year you could only bring 5grams and it was checked aswell, When you have a booth Big change a Police officer will come by and have a friendly look around if you follow rules, once.

Its all good, just dont bring more then the alloud 5gram to the expo, as you will lose it , you wont be in trouble, they just confiscate it and your on your way. (thats it not being more then 10/15 grams.)

The Expo you go have a look, seen it done. the fun is in town, and at the concerts, the friends from far etc.

Whooooo for a 420 post ha ha ha

mack 10

Veteran
Yeah man, its a real shame. This year has been a joke.
High Times really shot itself in the foot.
Still good times in town though.
Killer glass show @Dampkring gallery for a start.

Oh no, so it will pay for each puff ?
And what about extract/dabbing ? Is it considered like "drugs" ?
It seems more and more far away than last htcc in the u.s

Alpen rock

Concentrates are classified as a A class drug in the Netherlands.

While the authorities have turned a blind eye, there seems to be a change as of lately in AMS coffeeshops: every business has received a warning letter from the local authorities (kind reminder about the 15%THC limit ), and some are currently freaking out with concentrates, some have even stopped selling wax/budder/shatter/etc...
Be careful with extracts while partaking in coffeeshops, do not display containers full sight , dabbing paraphernalia etc as every shop is responsible for its clients acts, the Politie would make themselves a pleasure to have some of these businesses shut down for good and won't think twice...

Just sayin...some owners will be freakin paranoid and that's understanble considering the current situation.

Better safe than sorry..enjoy yerselves nonetheless :tiphat:

Oh god...
Like I said on other thread, I go to Dam since 2007 and around 4 or 5 times by year. And yeah, I noticed some shops stopped to sell concentrate.
Last year, it was so easy to find those concentrates in every form like wax, shatter, bho... 1eHulp, Bushdoctor, Dampkring was few of them !

But this year, will there be the concentrate category for vote ? And how will they be distributed ?
Someone has an idea/info ?

For people in Europe like me, it's the only moment of the year where we could smoke strains and concentrates from seeds company

Hottish

I heard that this letter threatened that they would enforce the 15% THC cap if the coffee shops continued to sell extracts...........

:tiphat:

Concentrates are classified as a A class drug in the Netherlands.

While the authorities have turned a blind eye, there seems to be a change as of lately in AMS coffeeshops: every business has received a warning letter from the local authorities (kind reminder about the 15%THC limit ), and some are currently freaking out with concentrates, some have even stopped selling wax/budder/shatter/etc...
Be careful with extracts while partaking in coffeeshops, do not display containers full sight , dabbing paraphernalia etc as every shop is responsible for its clients acts, the Politie would make themselves a pleasure to have some of these businesses shut down for good and won't think twice...

Just sayin...some owners will be freakin paranoid and that's understanble considering the current situation.

Better safe than sorry..enjoy yerselves nonetheless :tiphat:

So...
I just sent an e-mail to High Times to have accurate informations about concentrates and other things.
Hope to receive a clear answer without lies !
I'll post the answer as soon as I receive

mack 10

Veteran
Oh god...
Like I said on other thread, I go to Dam since 2007 and around 4 or 5 times by year. And yeah, I noticed some shops stopped to sell concentrate.
Last year, it was so easy to find those concentrates in every form like wax, shatter, bho... 1eHulp, Bushdoctor, Dampkring was few of them !

But this year, will there be the concentrate category for vote ? And how will they be distributed ?
Someone has an idea/info ?

For people in Europe like me, it's the only moment of the year where we could smoke strains and concentrates from seeds company

High times will hand pick a few judges for hash cat's. You will not get to even
See most of the hash entry's ( unless you know one of the lucky judges )

Not long to go now..
:dance013:

High times will hand pick a few judges for hash cat's. You will not get to even
See most of the hash entry's ( unless you know one of the lucky judges )

Not long to go now..
:dance013:

...Really... ?? No way..

I was two times in HTCC but never bought the judge-pass. This time I wanted to be part of it, but I don't think so, now..

What was the previous years about concentrates for people who had bought the pass ? Same ?
So we could only smoke what is available on coffeeshops ?

Every year, High-Times post videos about all cup entry with category and people who have spent many €€€ for judging, can't elect all what is proposed ??

Really, really disappointed :(
I thought I could taste all this marvelous extracts from seed company, especially u.s. company..

So you pay 269$ JUST for the right to vote, and you could only vote for Coffee-shops stuff... Revolted and disgusted

(and what about cup-entry from seeds company like Rare Dankness, etc, ? Strains will be available ?)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
no, seed company entries will not be available unless the seed co has some to share at the parties. the judges for the seed co cup are preselected. the public can only vote on the coffee shop cup. some shops might give you a sample of their entry if you have a pass, but thats by all means not sure.

there is the dabadoo event, there you will get to taste lots of concentrates. Mila organizes this event during htcc. THC4SIM posted a link earlier in this thread.

if you want to go to a cup where you can judge all the entries, you need to come to the IC 420 cup in April. as the 420 cup is per invite only, the htcc is a good chance to get to know some of the ic cup regulars so they can vouch for you for the ic 420 cup.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
The Coffeeshop CUp is a joke in my eyes, and is what gave it a bad rep. Passes are bought and this gives a way for it to be paid for.

The seedcompany cup is differnt, 3 judges a catagorie Pre selected, This happens pretty good, the Judges sheets (ore app these days) is verry good, and its done well most years.

Biomehanika its kind of exactly as you said there. Judges only get to vote on Coffeeshop weed, hash. 5day entrance to the Expo and all concerts. Some coffeeshops treat judges verry wel, some just want your cash only. Typical Amsterdam as you know it.

I will be at atleast one of the wake and Bakes, and bring some samples for my IC brothers/Sisters.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
I will be at atleast one of the wake and Bakes, and bring some samples for my IC brothers/Sisters.

sounds good bro,

we need bigger location to have enough place to sit for W&B

countdown start for last weeks befor :tiphat:

Ez Rider

Veteran
If the cannabis community were to be given an enema, "High Times" is where they would insert the hose. HT is a joke at best, more like an ongoing fraud. I'm surprised they don't let the "legal bud.com" guys enter in the cup:puke: