What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Not me, a buddy made this cross but yes... GT female (indoor) x PS male (outdoor).

Was just for fun growing this cross here in germany outdoor at 51* N. But i will make new crosses and i think i will cross Green Mountain Grape with my own purple indica next year. :)

-maui-

Hi Vermontman!
I got a pack of Purple Satellite over Ace a few years back (4 or 5 ?) . Some bad luck and some fuck ups i only got 3 plants to grow from that pack, one girl and 2 boys during indoor run. I made couple of clones from the girl for next outdoor season, but then fucked up again and had to leave the growing site later, only had one branch of the finished outdoor mother.
Good pot!
With the boys I did polination on a few branches of everything I had growing that time. These are about 5 or 6 crosses. I only tested 2 lines so far, but every plant I have finished from the ps crosses was lovely. I think ps-father brings down flowering time compared to mother lines, and its flowers have a kind of oily sativa resin and aromas combined in one plant which is special to me after 25 years of toking weed in EU, this is some special ganjah and i like it a lot! I'm looking forward exploring more X ps.
Despite poor luck with the original pack one of the best seeds I got me, Thank you!

This run I try some 'experimental' light setup, hope it will grow some good pot still.
3 Plants were planed, but only one made it,
Spacequeen F3Bx1 X Purple Satellite, Week 2,5

Attachments

• sqps1.jpg
    sqps1.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 30
  • sqps2.jpg
    sqps2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
  • sqps3.jpg
    sqps3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31

vecker

Two weeks have past and these GMGs have grown two more feet. They’re now taller than my 6’4” ass.
I haven’t fed or watered. There has been about an inch of rain over the two weeks.
One pic of each of the three.

Attachments

• IMG_2055.jpeg
    IMG_2055.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2054.jpeg
    IMG_2054.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2053.jpeg
    IMG_2053.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69

vermontman

Hi Vermontman!
I got a pack of Purple Satellite over Ace a few years back (4 or 5 ?) . Some bad luck and some fuck ups i only got 3 plants to grow from that pack, one girl and 2 boys during indoor run. I made couple of clones from the girl for next outdoor season, but then fucked up again and had to leave the growing site later, only had one branch of the finished outdoor mother.
Good pot!
With the boys I did polination on a few branches of everything I had growing that time. These are about 5 or 6 crosses. I only tested 2 lines so far, but every plant I have finished from the ps crosses was lovely. I think ps-father brings down flowering time compared to mother lines, and its flowers have a kind of oily sativa resin and aromas combined in one plant which is special to me after 25 years of toking weed in EU, this is some special ganjah and i like it a lot! I'm looking forward exploring more X ps.
Despite poor luck with the original pack one of the best seeds I got me, Thank you!

This run I try some 'experimental' light setup, hope it will grow some good pot still.
3 Plants were planed, but only one made it,
Spacequeen F3Bx1 X Purple Satellite, Week 2,5
Thank you for sharing @-maui-!
The oily sativa resin comes mostly from my Oaxacan Gold line.

vermontman

Two weeks have past and these GMGs have grown two more feet. They’re now taller than my 6’4” ass.
I haven’t fed or watered. There has been about an inch of rain over the two weeks.
One pic of each of the three.
WHHHOOOOOHOOO! @vecker!
Wait till you see the super packed early chunky grape soda smelly nugs you pull off those ladies!!
Thank you for sharing and please keep us posted!

DWC

Hi! I recently purchased a pack of Green Mountain Grape, sowed them on May 15th. There were 12 on the pack, and all of them sprouted strong in a small pot (0,23L). In the 7th day i repotted them to 1,7L pots, so they dont feel restricted to grow. Used BioBizz Light Mix, inoculated them with Azos and Mykos from Xtreme Gardening on the repot, and fertilized once per week with light dose of Dual Part (old Flora Duo from GHE). They´re growing under a 200W Pure Led, 40cm. over the canopy. They are looking GREAT, surprisingly wide leafs for a sativa (i know sometimes in the earlier phase they are usually wide), VERY strong stems, short internodes (LEDs usually allow this) and half of the plants showing purple stems.
So in all they are doing great, but heres the problem: 9 out of 12 are already showing very little preflowers, and ALL of them are males. And the remaining 3 looks like they are going to be male too. So a 100% male rate. First time in my 30+ growing years and thousands seeds grown i have encountered something like this. I almost always grow regular seeds, and already know there are some environmental conditions that can lead to a higher proportion of males or females, so my light its not so red (mostly white leds with few blues and reds and UV´s), my temps were on the lower side (20-23ºC) and humidity ranging from 45-60%. So i really pushed them to have a good amount of females. But they didnt cared and im growing a 100% males batch.

Is this relatively common with this strain? Has anyone suffered the same? Any clue on what can be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: i usually dont take pictures of my plants, but can make some if requested. Also says new member, but ive been around for 20 years here 😂. Hi, Dubi! And really pleased to meet (read) you, Vermontman!

Last edited:

DWC

I only popped 3 seeds out of my pack of GMG regulars and they are all ladies. I will say that I was pretty sure two were males based on the way the pre flowers looked but a week later pistels shot out, proving me wrong. Hopefully that happens for you!
I’m hoping my eyes are wrong and you are right! But sadly I don’t usually make mistakes sexing. Anyway I will let them do their own, as I’m looking for a good male too, in order to improve the shitty vigour and yield from the Zkittlez elite clone.

vermontman

Hi! I recently purchased a pack of Green Mountain Grape, sowed them on May 15th. There were 12 on the pack, and all of them sprouted strong in a small pot (0,23L). In the 7th day i repotted them to 1,7L pots, so they dont feel restricted to grow. Used BioBizz Light Mix, inoculated them with Azos and Mykos from Xtreme Gardening on the repot, and fertilized once per week with light dose of Dual Part (old Flora Duo from GHE). They´re growing under a 200W Pure Led, 40cm. over the canopy. They are looking GREAT, surprisingly wide leafs for a sativa (i know sometimes in the earlier phase they are usually wide), VERY strong stems, short internodes (LEDs usually allow this) and half of the plants showing purple stems.
So in all they are doing great, but heres the problem: 9 out of 12 are already showing very little preflowers, and ALL of them are males. And the remaining 3 looks like they are going to be male too. So a 100% male rate. First time in my 30+ growing years and thousands seeds grown i have encountered something like this. I almost always grow regular seeds, and already know there are some environmental conditions that can lead to a higher proportion of males or females, so my light its not so red (mostly white leds with few blues and reds and UV´s), my temps were on the lower side (20-23ºC) and humidity ranging from 45-60%. So i really pushed them to have a good amount of females. But they didnt cared and im growing a 100% males batch.

Is this relatively common with this strain? Has anyone suffered the same? Any clue on what can be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: i usually dont take pictures of my plants, but can make some if requested. Also says new member, but ive been around for 20 years here 😂. Hi, Dubi! And really pleased to meet (read) you, Vermontman!
Hello @DWC!
Nice to see you here also!
I have never had that happen or had any other reports of this with my stock . But Years ago when I started seed under florescent and under cooler conditions male ratios were certainly higher from what I remember. Hope it all works out for you!

DWC

Hello @DWC!
Nice to see you here also!
I have never had that happen or had any other reports of this with my stock . But Years ago when I started seed under florescent and under cooler conditions male ratios were certainly higher from what I remember. Hope it all works out for you!
Hi, Vermontman! Thanks for your quick reply.
I’ve never had anything like this before.
I recall reading a seed catalog from Dutch Passion in the early 2000’s, and they recommended a bluer light (cooler) and to avoid high temps in the first weeks to improve female ratios. And I certainly noticed this to be true, as when germinating seeds under HPS lights I usually had a consistent 50/50 male-female ratio, but when done under CFLs usually I got more females.
Anyway, statistics are what they are, and maybe time is now compensating for when I had 100% female ratio on some regular packs 😅.
I will keep you informed!

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Hey, V-man! Growing a couple Purple satellite clones. This one is 5 foot tall right now. She really hit her stride. I planted way to early at 43 N but she re-vegged like a champ. Been growing her in every conceivable way to see whats best. Love the plant man! Keep on rock'n brother.
Peace out, Outsidegrower

Attachments

• 20240619_103349.jpg
    20240619_103349.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 43

vermontman

Hi, Vermontman! Thanks for your quick reply.
I’ve never had anything like this before.
I recall reading a seed catalog from Dutch Passion in the early 2000’s, and they recommended a bluer light (cooler) and to avoid high temps in the first weeks to improve female ratios. And I certainly noticed this to be true, as when germinating seeds under HPS lights I usually had a consistent 50/50 male-female ratio, but when done under CFLs usually I got more females.
Anyway, statistics are what they are, and maybe time is now compensating for when I had 100% female ratio on some regular packs 😅.
I will keep you informed!
Hello @DWC:
You are most welcome! Thank you again for posting and yes please keep us informed.
Warm Regards!
Hey, V-man! Growing a couple Purple satellite clones. This one is 5 foot tall right now. She really hit her stride. I planted way to early at 43 N but she re-vegged like a champ. Been growing her in every conceivable way to see whats best. Love the plant man! Keep on rock'n brother.
Peace out, Outsidegrower
Hello @outsidegrower!
First thank you for your kind words!
Looking like you going to pull in some trees this Sept! And as always please keep us posted!
CHEERS!!!