What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Nannymouse

Hi Vermontman!
I got a pack of Purple Satellite over Ace a few years back (4 or 5 ?) . Some bad luck and some fuck ups i only got 3 plants to grow from that pack, one girl and 2 boys during indoor run. I made couple of clones from the girl for next outdoor season, but then fucked up again and had to leave the growing site later, only had one branch of the finished outdoor mother.
Good pot!
With the boys I did polination on a few branches of everything I had growing that time. These are about 5 or 6 crosses. I only tested 2 lines so far, but every plant I have finished from the ps crosses was lovely. I think ps-father brings down flowering time compared to mother lines, and its flowers have a kind of oily sativa resin and aromas combined in one plant which is special to me after 25 years of toking weed in EU, this is some special ganjah and i like it a lot! I'm looking forward exploring more X ps.
Despite poor luck with the original pack one of the best seeds I got me, Thank you!

This run I try some 'experimental' light setup, hope it will grow some good pot still.
3 Plants were planed, but only one made it,
Spacequeen F3Bx1 X Purple Satellite, Week 2,5
Are those Jill's (or Subby's) spacequeens? They should work VERY well with the Purple Satellite!

vermontman

Did you use the purple line of Oaxacan for Zacatecas Tribute?

Is the Durban anise aniseed type smells in the Oaxacan?
Or is that more Big Sur Holy Weed influence?

I want to try to add in a mango-ness from the Highland Lao. I'm gonna F2 ZT and ZT x Muang Sing Mango Male. See where that goes.
Hello @ZomVee!
I used the Oaxacan purple line for the Zacatecas Tribute. As far as the anise fragrance it is not noted in either strain so it's probably just coming from the combination of their genes.
Well please post your results. It's all a learning curve. and always keen to see what my genetics impart in others work.
That being said I would love to hear from anyone running my Feminized Purple Satellite.
CHEERS ALL!

vermontman

Thanks for trying to do Oaxaca x Oaxaca.
Am looking forward to those new seeds dear vermontman!

Is the quality/ typ of high also a part of the selection process?
Hello @Hasch!
Oh absolutely without question! I do not rely only THC tests or any of that STUFF! I go on man that's the nicest high I have felt in years, or that reminds me of the first time I got high 30/40 years ago it made me so happy! Or man what was that!!! And I am still of that mind that cannabis grown with love and good energy is past down to the quality of the high.

bonghopper

New Oaxacan gold 1979
Ladies for testing for bud formation earliness and overall quality. Already seeing quite a few pistils. Looking for a good all Oaxacan mate to my original Oaxacan Gold 1979 line.

View attachment 19021747
Lookin quite narrow leaf, you going back to your Oaxacan before the bx to the Hawaiian Fed Sat? You come across the Cryptic/Upstate Oaxacan? Doesn't have any earlyness however. The MG x PS/UEL cross from last year is lookin mighty, dug up the males and moved them. There's a nice mix of phenos coming out. 2 purple plants out of 8, 2 that look and stem smell like MG, exciting!

Hello @ZomVee!
I used the Oaxacan purple line for the Zacatecas Tribute.
1719179733776.png
Sounds about right! :) :)

1719179676732.png 1719179631912.png 1719179586882.png
Growing like weeds! :p Looking great, really loving the growth I am seeing and the plants over all. Feeling incredibly excited and happy about the garden this year and I really appreciate that!

Excited to see how your new breeding project is going @vermontman , any insight on how you look at it and approach it is appreciated.

I am sts'ing some clones I took and hoping to produce fems for the first time, originally intended to do a male and get regs, but all my seeds I popped came out female (LOL)
Edit to add: The plan is to sts 2xMG 1xPS , these were the clones that survived after being abused and generally not at all minded in any kinda way!

Last edited:

vermontman

Lookin quite narrow leaf, you going back to your Oaxacan before the bx to the Hawaiian Fed Sat? You come across the Cryptic/Upstate Oaxacan? Doesn't have any earlyness however. The MG x PS/UEL cross from last year is lookin mighty, dug up the males and moved them. There's a nice mix of phenos coming out. 2 purple plants out of 8, 2 that look and stem smell like MG, exciting!
Hello @bonghopper!
Great to see you! I have a friend that really loved Cryptic labs Oaxacan. But keep in mind as you stated that, that line is not an early strain of OAX. But there are many lines that came out of Oaxaca back in the day and even now some, not many are pure. But there are the ones that are pure that come in early and others that come in very long term, all with varying degrees of quality. My original line the backbone to most of my genetics is what I use as my Holy grail. She is early, potent. great happy comfortably introspective high, I just love so much! But again not exclusive to my work but, some of what I cherish and share none the less.

vermontman

I have both a fem Ps and a Gmg going.
I just opened them up a bit today.

I'll get some pictures taken in the morning and post them.
Please do @moose/MI!
I am most keen on the Fem Purple Satellite, since I have seen my own and many hundreds of Green Mountain grape Fem grown out to fruition, all with good results. So yes please keep me and us informed on your progress with Fem Purple Satellite.
And thank you and all for your contribution here!

vermontman

View attachment 19022071
Sounds about right! :) :)

View attachment 19022072 View attachment 19022073 View attachment 19022074
Growing like weeds! :p Looking great, really loving the growth I am seeing and the plants over all. Feeling incredibly excited and happy about the garden this year and I really appreciate that!

Excited to see how your new breeding project is going @vermontman , any insight on how you look at it and approach it is appreciated.

I am sts'ing some clones I took and hoping to produce fems for the first time, originally intended to do a male and get regs, but all my seeds I popped came out female (LOL)
Edit to add: The plan is to sts 2xMG 1xPS , these were the clones that survived after being abused and generally not at all minded in any kinda way!
Hello @rebelfarmer!
I am extremely pleased to see your progress thus far! And you have been terrific! As Approach to breeding? I just go with the way it feels to me. I don't mean to be elusive but I grow the way I cook the way I garden The way I just feel. The plants just give me, they sort of just command me like I have no say? It just happens as the wind and the rain and the way we just maneuver our selves down a foot path. Sorry to sound like that but it's how I have always worked. But always keeping others in mind.
Hope that got anyway near your Query?

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Howdy folks!

I popped 4 Mountain gold, 3 up, 1 cracked but stalled. 2 fine, 1 a bit daft looking.

DSCF1506.JPG
DSCF1504.JPG

Anyway, these have been on 11/13 while I finished up a couple of Malawi and they have shown me their sex in 2.5weeks from breaking ground!!!.
I have 2 male and 1 female. The daft one is a male BTW, and a trifolate thingy.
These are now on 15on 9off and I shall veg the girl out to fill half of the cubby. (Ace's Thai Chi will take up the other half)

And I'm really quite fond of the Zacatecas. 1 is straight lemon funk, and the other has a dash of that lemon, but is more strawberry floral. Butboth very nice to vape already from the couple of testers I've had. Solid sunny day high, just thumps me and makes me a bit daft. :whee:

DSCF1517.JPG

Toodle pip!

vermontman

Howdy folks!

I popped 4 Mountain gold, 3 up, 1 cracked but stalled. 2 fine, 1 a bit daft looking.

View attachment 19023914 View attachment 19023915

Anyway, these have been on 11/13 while I finished up a couple of Malawi and they have shown me their sex in 2.5weeks from breaking ground!!!.
I have 2 male and 1 female. The daft one is a male BTW, and a trifolate thingy.
These are now on 15on 9off and I shall veg the girl out to fill half of the cubby. (Ace's Thai Chi will take up the other half)

And I'm really quite fond of the Zacatecas. 1 is straight lemon funk, and the other has a dash of that lemon, but is more strawberry floral. Butboth very nice to vape already from the couple of testers I've had. Solid sunny day high, just thumps me and makes me a bit daft. :whee:

View attachment 19023916
Toodle pip!
Hello @BumSplodgeBrownPants!
Great looking babies there and nice nug taboot!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hours Later!?
I was going to share a smoke session of my Highland Nepalese Grape x Blue Thai 💙. I was going to share my considerable surprise and joy of a thought that worked beyond expectations.

A male Nepalese Grape crossed to a beautiful Blueberry Thai Skunk female. Basically trimmed each bud to what I prefer, with some sugar leaves left as shock absorbers during the jar cure. I did this while the plant was still in the grow bag until it had consumed the chlorophyll over two months time without any cares.

A blackout system would be very nice for greenhouse curing.. I had forgotten this plant as winter had long set in. When I remembered this female in January. I brought her inside and separated the buds into 1/2 gallon jars for further drying, curing.

I couldn't help but notice the green was diminished to a nostalgic reminder of Acapulco Gold from pictures in High Times Magazine. With a quality that surpasses traditional bag appeal appearances.
With bellowing clouds of Vapor Brothers vaporizer goodness!
Peace farmerlion

@vermontman, the Berry inhale combined with a delicious Menthol exhale is my favorite 8 month cured stash I have.
Exceptional Smoke!
20240627_172530.jpg
20240627_172542.jpg
20240627_173718.jpg
20240627_173910.jpg

moose/MI

Please do @moose/MI!
I am most keen on the Fem Purple Satellite, since I have seen my own and many hundreds of Green Mountain grape Fem grown out to fruition, all with good results. So yes please keep me and us informed on your progress with Fem Purple Satellite.
And thank you and all for your contribution here!
I went back and selected a couple pictures to get up to date on the Fem Purple Satellite grow.

Here's my location info.
Right on the 42° parallel - 810' elev.
Been 5b all my life, just made 6a
Hot Summer - Humid Continental Dfa:Koppen
Lake affect off Lake Michigan- micro climate
East - West grow facing South
6-7 hot days over 100°
27d 90°- 100°
92 days above 80°
33 days above 90°
June 20th most daylight 15:16:16

Put her to soak on April 15th. Planted with tail on the 17th in straight HP.
Popped above ground on 4/20.

Transplanted @ 3 weeks into 1/2gal straight HP with added xtreme mycos

May 16th
I let the kids experience their first rain 🌧
I gave them a weak tea before hand
Biobizz fish, vermicompost and molasses

May 19th Frigging 87° 🌡 🥵
Gave everything a Fim that was 4 weeks old. ✂️
Put them in the shade

May 30th. Fed them a tea with silica, kelp, molasses, fish emulsion and sea90

May 31st
Planted Purple Satellite in a 30gal