What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

MIGreenman

Here is the deep purple one.
PXL_20230416_194900346.PORTRAIT.jpg

ilovegrowing

hello, i am new in the 'post in the forum' world. i am excited and i got some pics for you.

both are selfmade green mountain grape f2s, from the most vigorous, and impressive spice/berry(grape?) purple/green mother, and a green father.

the purple smells like artificial apricot/peach and was grown in a very little pot, and the purple/green has a crazy vigour too and smells more in the berry/grape direction. both very pleasing look- and smellwise.
they stood under 150 watt cob, a bit of uvc in the midday and far red leds for breakfast and goodnightstorytime. 11/13, own soil mix water only, approx. 60 days.
thx for the genetics ace seeds and vermontman!

gmgF2_1.jpg

gmgF2_4_3.jpg

gmgF2_4(1).jpg

gmgF2_4.jpg

Cactus Squatter

I figured she was real close but wasn’t sure if she had a strong reflowering at all. Tomorrow it is then 🪓 🪓 🪓

Currently it still has a nice sweet weed smell and an almost sugar cookie smell. Leaves have started turning a slight purple shade.
A fairly strong sweeter skunk kind of smell combined with a little fuel smell as it has been drying. Smells like my childhood. 😂

MIGreenman

A fairly strong sweeter skunk kind of smell combined with a little fuel smell as it has been drying. Smells like my childhood. 😂
I'm getting a lot of sweet-flower terpenes off of the two Zacs I am just now starting to flush. Definitely reminds me of 1980s kind bud. Terps are off the hook. In fact, I ordered a backup pack from r gorilla today!

MIGreenman

Speaking of smells and flavors, I wonder if V-Man could tell us more about the terpenes of the original Oaxacan plants he discovered long ago. So far everything I have tried in your line has been very terpene rich and sharp flowery delicious plants can be found pretty easily. Of course, having good taste in plant selection moving forward I'm sure has contributed to more refined smells and flavors over the years.

Greencedar

I saw some questions about the green vs purple grape smoke and I've mostly talked about the green so here's my thoughts on the purple after some time with her...

I've been smoking purple grape a lot over the winter. It's been my number one choice when I want a mood boost/anti anxiety smoke but with a very high and soaring buzz. Basically strong feel good weed that adds some creativity but is still clear and social. It doesn't make me lose thoughts (like Malawi or Panama) but the high is similar in strength. Often halfway through the smoke I think, man I'm flying and think about only smoking half. I generally continue smoking and I'm amazed that I'm so high but surprised I'm not nervous in anyway.

I noticed it really develops great aroma and flavour after a good cure (3-6 months) and the high also improved after the 3-4 month period (cured around 50-60 deg F, 62%, mason jar stored in a darkroom). At harvest I got a lot of the berry/grape smell with some deep funky notes. After some time in the jar things got really complex. Lots of sweet dark berry with a deeper background note that leans towards pine resin/cedar like turpentine/pitch (not chemical/gas). In the vape and smoke I get big vanilla/coconut cream flavours and the room smells very spicy/cedar. Someone mentioned sugar cookie and I get that. They say irish whisky has a unique sugar cookie flavour and there is one brand (greenspot) that is known for having it but with a slight coconut hint and this is what I'm getting with my purple pheno.

I had two purple phenos and a friend grew the other one. Both are similar in smell/flavour/high but his was very greasy and the joints really res up. I'm not sure if this could be from the different drying/curing environments or pheno expression...

I love the Green Grape around 2-3 month cured. It's so bright, up and giggly. Citric, pine, and loads of incense/cedar, very fresh. The high got a bit deeper and some of the shine wore off after 6 months. Some of the bright terpenes left and the pine/tar notes dialed up. Still smells amazing in the room after a joint/vape. Still strong but more introspective.

Purple yielded twice as much and is a show stopper after 4 months cure. I'm going to grow both again this summer. It's nice running out of the Green jars around Christmas and having the purple cured and ready to go for the long winter/spring months.

This is all subjective but I hope it helps for what it's worth...

Here's a pic of purple (same bud, different lighting) after 6-7 months cure.

I should also mention that GMGs are always one of the first clones to show roots (comparable only to my Honduras Haze mom).

Attachments

• IMG_9161.jpg
    IMG_9161.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9162.jpg
    IMG_9162.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

MIGreenman

8 week update. Two Zacs finishing quickly. Feeding plain water. The more spear shaped plant still has green leaves and looks like it is about a week behind the club shaped deep purple plant.
PXL_20230419_181547911.jpg

PXL_20230419_181337915.jpg

PXL_20230419_181715652.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230419_181347903.jpg
You can tell it's very dry in here right now as they finish. Lots of crispy leaves.

Attachments

• PXL_20230419_181547911.jpg
    PXL_20230419_181547911.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 22

Cactus Squatter

Got my ZT trimmed up this morning. This bud is about golf ball thickness. Super easy trim. One of the easiest I’ve ever had and super welcome since I jacked my hand up pick axing all week and being full of cactus spines.
The semi skunky funk smell during drying has tapered back off and the strong sugar cookie smell is back along with some floral notes. The fuel-ish scent she had before is going more in pine/turpentine direction now but super light. Overall though it smells so much like fresh baked sugar cookies that were only about half done when pulled from the oven. No toasted notes and more towards a dough smell.

Now to stay out of it and let it cure up.

B08C0FFA-0CAC-4EE0-8A9C-4654FCF56A93.jpeg

vermontman

Got my ZT trimmed up this morning. This bud is about golf ball thickness. Super easy trim. One of the easiest I’ve ever had and super welcome since I jacked my hand up pick axing all week and being full of cactus spines.
The semi skunky funk smell during drying has tapered back off and the strong sugar cookie smell is back along with some floral notes. The fuel-ish scent she had before is going more in pine/turpentine direction now but super light. Overall though it smells so much like fresh baked sugar cookies that were only about half done when pulled from the oven. No toasted notes and more towards a dough smell.

Now to stay out of it and let it cure up.

View attachment 18833061
Man you guys are all killing it! from the terrific grows to amazing smoke report. Just got back from long trip getting ready today to pop a bunch of beans and and keep up the stock.
Thank you all!!!
CHEERS!!

MIGreenman

Here's an update for anyone who may want to know. I went looking for another pack of Zac Tribute and missed the last packs from real gorilla. I had them substitute a mountain gold which is a great addition to my collection, but I'm disappointed I can't find the Zack anywhere else. Wondering if v man is going to kick more of these out in the future? Apologies if he has already discussed this.

vermontman

Speaking of smells and flavors, I wonder if V-Man could tell us more about the terpenes of the original Oaxacan plants he discovered long ago. So far everything I have tried in your line has been very terpene rich and sharp flowery delicious plants can be found pretty easily. Of course, having good taste in plant selection moving forward I'm sure has contributed to more refined smells and flavors over the years.
Hello MG!
Sorry missed this post after driving 1600 miles in two days I am just kicking into high gear here. There are two line from the first seed from 1997 The green line which retains a very lemon pledge
and sweet spice notes. And the Purple line which came out some years later through selection. The green line is is crossed with Hawaiian Sativa for the Mountain Gold strain And the purple line goes into Zacatecas Tribute a cross with Big Sur Holy weed. And the purple line is Key in Purple Satellite a cross with Baglung nepali Sativa, The Purple Oaxacan line carries more of a lavender floral fragrance slight maybe berry scent crossed with Nepali Brings out very cherry notes and often pink pistils.
Green Mountain Grape was born when Purple Satellite was crossed with Mendo purple heirloom and that just slammed it into Grape! The funny thing is all these crosses come in faster outdoors than any of their parents, A very pleasant surprise! Go figure!
I have always been keen on the Old School high quality of of cannabis from a simpler time. Also the reason I kept Oaxacan Gold lines going for so long is I never saw anything like her the old fashion just feel good giggly high that comes through in all her crosses.
Hope that helps!