What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

beautiful work on that line VTman. I like how the plant is so productive, yet it still seem to keep some of its wild looking roots. That sort of crazy, spiky, undomesticated look. Good work. I gotta find a place that sells this seed line to us customers with credit card. I've been using WellGrown Seeds for ACE varieties so far. They had your Zacates Tribute for 24 hours before it got bought out! I was so pissed! Looks killer. Is it related to OAXACAN? Just curious. Thanks again. -Andrew
Hey Ind!
Thank you for your kind words, I got word ACE is opening up to the US markets through a vendor here in the States.
As for Zacatecas Tribute The mom is Oaxcacan Gold and Dad is Big Sur Holy weed Which is A Zacateca Mexican Hybrid fro the sixties.
Hope that helps

vermontman

@MIGreenman, @Cactus Squatter, Been admiring your ZT grows. Mine is doing well, but isn't quite as chunky as some of your pics. Could be because she's extremely root bound in her 5gal pot. I'm also getting a very sweet smell from her as CS described.

Today is D74 of 12/12. She's getting close - maybe another week, though I'm still watering her every other day. I defoliated about a week ago with the exception of the top fans. So far, no nanners! :)

View attachment 18821888
All you guys are cranking grows that are very impressive.
I really enjoy seeing these in loving hands,
Cheers all!

BenoitV1984

Veteran
beautiful work on that line VTman. I like how the plant is so productive, yet it still seem to keep some of its wild looking roots. That sort of crazy, spiky, undomesticated look. Good work. I gotta find a place that sells this seed line to us customers with credit card. I've been using WellGrown Seeds for ACE varieties so far. They had your Zacates Tribute for 24 hours before it got bought out! I was so pissed! Looks killer. Is it related to OAXACAN? Just curious. Thanks again. -Andrew
They still have 10 seeds pack here: https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/zacateca-tribute-standard/

IndicaFarmer

View attachment 18821082 awww snap. Zac t at 25 days. A few stray nanners that show up very late in flowering I can live with because they're not going to have time to develop or be sterile in most cases, but at week 3 to 4 is fatal. I have three going and they all three looks spectacular but this one may have to go this week. I'm going to keep an eye on it. No other branches are showing problems.
pick them off.

hawaiiman

Greetings,

I'm growing your Green Mountain Grape and have found 2 phenos, one that produces lighter-green buds, and one that produces darker-green buds with some purple in them (same soil, same conditions). The "purple" pheno is more fragrant, has more trichome production, and I found that the stalk has strong pinene odor.

My question is, do you have any information about these 2 different phenos?

Do you have any cannabinoid or terpene test results you could share?

Is one of the phenos more resistant to botrytis? Does one of the phenos produce more THC?

:thank you:

vermontman

Greetings,

I'm growing your Green Mountain Grape and have found 2 phenos, one that produces lighter-green buds, and one that produces darker-green buds with some purple in them (same soil, same conditions). The "purple" pheno is more fragrant, has more trichome production, and I found that the stalk has strong pinene odor.

Is one of the phenos more resistant to botrytis? Does one of the phenos produce more THC?

Hey Hawaiiman!

Usually The green to purple pheno is about 50/50 they are slightly different mostly all vary in potency but all are usually very high quality and all have the Grape fragrance, though your nose may detect different. Some people report loving the green pheno over the purple and vice versa, I myself prefer the purple, my best yielding plant is purple I keep her alive as a clone.
To my knowledge Green Mountain Grape have never been formally tested. The funny thing is under blurple LED lights all the phenos grow out with evenly dark purple buds. I wish I had more for you maybe someone else could chime in, and certainly put in you opinion on what your take is on the phenos , It would be great to get a new smoke report.
Thank you for posting!!

Last edited:

OpenPollenSeeds

Greetings,

be on the lookout for the fruitella smelling pheno
her buds are big , and the smell is amazing

hawaiiman

Hey Hawaiiman!

Usually The green to purple pheno is about 50/50 they are slightly different mostly all vary in potency but all are usually very high quality and all have the Grape fragrance, though your nose may detect different. Some people report loving the green pheno over the purple and vice versa, I myself prefer the purple, my best yielding plant is purple I keep her alive as a clone.
To my knowledge Green Mountain Grape have never been formally tested. The funny thing is under blurple LED lights all the phenos grow out with evenly dark purple buds. I wish I had more for you maybe someone else could chime in, and certainly put in you opinion on what your take is on the phenos , It would be great to get a new smoke report.
Thank you for posting!!
Thanks for your response. Fyi, I'm growing outdoor in greenhouses. I harvested the green pheno today, and harvested early because I was concerned about bud rot. To me the fragrance is mild peppery – no fruitiness at all. I trimmed tonight and there was some bud rot, but very isolated... just a couple small handfulls of buds. I can tell it's somewhat mold-resistant, but not highly resistant. I'm in mold central here in Hawaii... warm and wet, high humidity, surrounded by jungle. I am also flowering the purple pheno, and she's doing well... I don't see any bud rot. As I said, she's got a stronger fragrance... I will need to tune in some more on that... but I don't think it's fruity. I'll report more when I harvest that one.

vermontman

Thank you for your reply also, I find in the North East Grape is very resistant to mold especially if not fed heavily towards the end of its life, but by then then can be taken a bit early and still get a respectable harvest. Looking forward to hearing more.
Cheers

vermontman

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE
Full sun

127_1883.JPG
127_1866.JPG

127_1873.JPG

127_1870.JPG

MIGreenman

Right at week number six of 11:13 flowering with my two remaining Zac tribute. One spear shaped with larger flowers and one purple club style. They both smell fantastic but I prefer the purple one So far. No signs of any problems. I also started five satori/ mountain gold regulars from Mandela. If I have any money left over in the next few weeks, I'm going to try and grab another pack of Zac tribute from R gorilla. Thanks for the tip on that! Hope you all are enjoying your spring and looking forward to getting some things started for the great outdoors.

Green spears on the bottom and the purple clubs above.

PXL_20230403_220314406.jpg

PXL_20230403_220423827.jpg

The club shaped plant has gone all purple on the fan leaves. Beautiful
PXL_20230403_220342356.jpg

The spear shaped plant is just starting to get purple in the core.
PXL_20230403_220215435.jpg

MIGreenman

Thanks for your response. Fyi, I'm growing outdoor in greenhouses. I harvested the green pheno today, and harvested early because I was concerned about bud rot. To me the fragrance is mild peppery – no fruitiness at all. I trimmed tonight and there was some bud rot, but very isolated... just a couple small handfulls of buds. I can tell it's somewhat mold-resistant, but not highly resistant. I'm in mold central here in Hawaii... warm and wet, high humidity, surrounded by jungle. I am also flowering the purple pheno, and she's doing well... I don't see any bud rot. As I said, she's got a stronger fragrance... I will need to tune in some more on that... but I don't think it's fruity. I'll report more when I harvest that one.
It's incredible to think that you can harvest there around the first of April. You are very lucky for that. You must be doing a light dep greenhouse?

vermontman

Excellent work! Would you consider this more of a green pheno?
Thank you MG!
This is the same clone grown indoor last summer.
Though I could not find the recent pic of Zacatecas, that grew very purple under LED light. There does not seem to be as distinct difference in phenos seen in the Green Mountain Grape.
But most of the Zac exibit red/purple in their stems.
Hope that helps.

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 049.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 063.JPG