What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Lotto

Nanny,
Being grown nside, under lights. I will eventually grow a clone outside, probably next year. This strain, grown in full sun with adequate water, would be a beauty.

I've been able to keep all sativas under this height restriction. This plant may be a bit of a struggle. It's extremely robust and wants to go.

vermontman

Vman
Can you tell me if your current Mountain Gold reproduction is using the exact same parents that made the seed I'm using? If not, how are they different? Thanks in advance.
Hello Lotto no
Not using the exact same parents, but both lines are so inbred and stable that the resulting progency is almost like running clones, very very stable! You are most welcome, but I am curious why you ask?

vermontman

GREEN MOUNTAIN GRAPE
Blowing it out!
Not even Sept yet!

GRAPE ALMOST THERE 066.JPG
GRAPE ALMOST THERE 006.JPG
GRAPE ALMOST THERE 010.JPG

Lotto

Hello Lotto no
Not using the exact same parents, but both lines are so inbred and stable that the resulting progency is almost like running clones, very very stable! You are most welcome, but I am curious why you ask?
Wondering how a breeder maintains his stock to make repetitive crosses. For instance, if you held clones of the original parents and use these the same way to make M.Gold. would you consider this the exact same as the original seed production. Not sure if I'm making myself clear.
But you answered my question about how your stable lines should give the same outcome. Gotta say just looking at this plant every day is a real treat.

vermontman

Wondering how a breeder maintains his stock to make repetitive crosses. For instance, if you held clones of the original parents and use these the same way to make M.Gold. would you consider this the exact same as the original seed production. Not sure if I'm making myself clear.
But you answered my question about how your stable lines should give the same outcome. Gotta say just looking at this plant every day is a real treat.
Well it would be very dependent on how stable the genes of parents are that were from clones, as is working with fresh moms and dads of IBL. I find well maintained IBL's give very superior and consistent results.
That's just the way I like to work, Also I like preserving and working to inprove my IBL's and landraces I use in my strains to keep vigorous also.
I hope that answers your question.

mr.pistil

Well it would be very dependent on how stable the genes of parents are that were from clones, as is working with fresh moms and dads of IBL.
I find well maintained IBL's give very superior and consistent results.
That's just the way I like to work, Also I like preserving and working to inprove my IBL's and landraces I use in my strains to keep vigorous also.
I hope that answers your question.
VM, would you elaborate on "I find well maintained IBL's give very superior and consistent result’s ." Thx.

vermontman

VM, would you elaborate on "I find well maintained IBL's give very superior and consistent result’s ." Thx.
Sure I'll give it my best shot.
In bred lines that have been selected out over many years have certain traits that are so fixed even seedlings look and grow like clones in uniformity. If you do an F1 cross of two of these you get very consistent results across the the offspring. Many breeders really on the F1 stability you get with most first time crosses but by the F2's unless your strains are very stable you get much more variation, and by F3 It's ll over the map for what comes out. But with true inbred very stable inbred lines the variation will be far less, especially if you use parents that are already similar to each other. For instance a IBL Oaxacan Gold X IBL Nepali Sativa will give you very even results.
But if you cross. Oaxacan Gold X Afhani it would be a bit more difficult to grow future generations without more diversity.
Hope hat helps?

Cactus Squatter

Well VM, sorry to say we aren’t going to find out how well Purple Satellite does in my location this year. Over the week while I was gone some kind of wilt attacked her and completely dried out and killed her. Lower branches were loaded with seeds from both a New Caledonia cross and a Zacatecas tribute cross :(
It just all went in the bin unfortunately.

On the plus side, somehow my Zacatecas tribute, mountain gold and Pineapple banana bud mostly survived the most insane wind gusts I’ve ever had in this state. Kinda shocked my “greenhouse” is even still in my yard. We lost light poles and trees all over my neighborhood, and the school behind me has a basketball hoop that is no longer straight up and down. The wind actually bent the pole about 10°. It was insane here. It only broke 1 branch on the Zac tribute and that was it.

vermontman

Well VM, sorry to say we aren’t going to find out how well Purple Satellite does in my location this year. Over the week while I was gone some kind of wilt attacked her and completely dried out and killed her. Lower branches were loaded with seeds from both a New Caledonia cross and a Zacatecas tribute cross :(

On the plus side, somehow my Zacatecas tribute, mountain gold and Pineapple banana bud mostly survived the most insane wind gusts I’ve ever had in this state. Kinda shocked my “greenhouse” is even still in my yard. We lost light poles and trees all over my neighborhood, and the school behind me has a basketball hoop that is no longer straight up and down. The wind actually bent the pole about 10°. It was insane here. It only broke 1 branch on the Zac tribute and that was it.
Sorry to hear about the bad, but seems like allota good coming your way, and yes we face more and more challenges, trying to grow anything these days with the weather being so craze! This has been the driest summer here in all the time I can remember, which has been great for cannabis if you have the water. And my poor frog/fish pond is on life support from my well.
Any way again sorry and please keep us posted.
CHEERS!

MIGreenman

What a bummer. So sorry to hear that. All the best with what is left. My PBB has super thick and sturdy main stems so I'm not surprised it's still around.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
MIGreen, those are looking amazing! And I agree, VM has the greenest thumb I have ever seen. I toured his outdoor veggie gardens early this summer and was astounded at what he had going. It was like visiting Findhorn or something...and that is no exaggeration. Very inspiring I must say! :)

MIGreenman

MIGreen, those are looking amazing! And I agree, VM has the greenest thumb I have ever seen. I toured his outdoor veggie gardens early this summer and was astounded at what he had going. It was like visiting Findhorn or something...and that is no exaggeration. Very inspiring I must say! :)
I totally agree. I keep going back and looking at his pics in disbelief.
I would like to add a few observations on my PBB at week number five which is approaching mid-flowering I imagine. First off I have extremely limited experience with only three females produced out of the first half pack of seeds but I have popped the others so I have six more babies in cups coming up for my winter indoor search. Anyway all three PBBs went in at almost exactly 30 inches and the tallest is at 62 in and the shortest is at 58. Very consistent doubling in size indoor which is very manageable. I pushed my feed at one point to about 1.35 EC and saw some nutrients building up in the pot. I was getting about 2.1 EC in my runoff so I backed off to about 1.2 EC. Moderate feeders and very well behaved ladies. Could not be happier so far. No netting or stakes yet as I have just tied opposing branches together with wire. These will be fantastic for a scrog netting setup if anyone wonders.

vermontman

View attachment 18752700 here's a full plant pic. Two others behind this one are just a little shorter and not stacking as quickly. They may go a little longer perhaps we will see. VM man I can't believe how your outdoor is stacking up already. Envious in Michigan. Lol
Wow MG awesome set up there!
Very well maintained plants, and it looks like you are going to have a lot of easy trim. Its been extreme heat and sun here this year, and I think because my #3 Grape is a clone from last year she seems to be coming in a bit faster this season. Last year she came down Sept 14.
And my Grape #8 clone came in Sept 21st.
Please keep us posted!

vermontman

Great to see you here and thank you or your kind words, its been a lot of work but man the reward is, well quite fulfilling.
Cheers my friend!

vermontman

I totally agree. I keep going back and looking at his pics in disbelief.
I would like to add a few observations on my PBB at week number five which is approaching mid-flowering I imagine. First off I have extremely limited experience with only three females produced out of the first half pack of seeds but I have popped the others so I have six more babies in cups coming up for my winter indoor search. Anyway all three PBBs went in at almost exactly 30 inches and the tallest is at 62 in and the shortest is at 58. Very consistent doubling in size indoor which is very manageable. I pushed my feed at one point to about 1.35 EC and saw some nutrients building up in the pot. I was getting about 2.1 EC in my runoff so I backed off to about 1.2 EC. Moderate feeders and very well behaved ladies. Could not be happier so far. No netting or stakes yet as I have just tied opposing branches together with wire. These will be fantastic for a scrog netting setup if anyone wonders.
Great grow information!
I may be wrong but I you might find as your PBB comes later into flower the buds do get quite heavy, but I would be keen to see how yours respond.
Please Keep us up to date, I love seeing your progress.
Cheers