What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Purple Satellite is filling out a bit more now.

PXL_20220823_191556308.jpg
PXL_20220823_191645849.jpg

vermontman

Hey VM, what did you use to reverse the plant? I used Colloquial Silver on a Lemon Paki which worked quite well. Pic below. Seeds are viable - here’s a pic of four starting week 3 of veg. Not as much purple as yours, but some.

View attachment 18747909 View attachment 18747910
Hey there Mr Pistil!
Nice job there. Admittedly I never did reversing for feminized seed.
I was actually really not into the concept. But I read that if you want to fix traits in say a poly hybrid it is a good tool to do so, by crossing back to original lady. And my Grape #3 comes in very quickly and has all the desired traits I have always aimed for. That being said all the Grape strain is amazing and very fast to finish in Fall, so I thought I would experiment a little.
So to answer your question I used silver Thiosulfate which I decided on even being more caustic only needs to be sprayed on nodes 5 times over two weeks? as apposed to milder colloidial silver solution two or three times a day. I have been picking male pollen sacks and collecting them in a petri dish for about 4 days now and I did pollinated one big branch on the purple #3 clone pictured above.
I also have a clone of her about one week into flower in a two gallon pot I will totally knock up when she mounts up with more pistils.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Just starting to get some sweet perfume on the Purple Satellite. I'm really looking forward to seeing her develop and I'm wondering if I will get pink pistils as it goes along. Would they have appeared by now?

The CaliPurple x Nepali is starting to sweeten up as well, but that one also has a touch of skunkiness.

vermontman

Just starting to get some sweet perfume on the Purple Satellite. I'm really looking forward to seeing her develop and I'm wondering if I will get pink pistils as it goes along. Would they have appeared by now?

The CaliPurple x Nepali is starting to sweeten up as well, but that one also has a touch of skunkiness.
Hey my friend!
I would say if the pistils are not pink yet they may not, but time will tell.
I went to visit a long time friend yesterday and he said the Neplali X Calipurp he had been smoking that he got from me last season was very potent and had a nice high. That one came in or me last year by mid to
end of August, earlier than the Grape but just did not have the aroma
But still a very nice plant.Looking forward to how yours turns out.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I was just up sticking my sniffer in these plants a few minutes ago. The Nepali-Purple is really sweet and floral, with that slight skunky component. The PS is not as sweet, but a little musky, and is just getting going. Good to hear your friend enjoyed theirs. I seem to be a few weeks behind you as far as flowering progress, probably due to lack of sun in my spot, but I'm sure they will finish in a reasonable time frame. I'm guessing these have at least a month to go. My ChupaCobra cross (Purple Mexican x Red Snake ) is getting huge but is only just now finally getting the first white hairs so will be mid to late October I reckon...

vermontman

Hola VM, what are you finding in the bouquet and how far into flower are those lovely Purple Michoacan? Structure looks very sativa and excited to see how these turn out for you👍

Saludos

RC_Colas
Hello RC!
The smell off these ladies is still a bit subtle, with a bit of a sweet, pepper kind of smell. I put two of them into 12/12 under lights July 10th for two weeks then put them back outside.
Two others I left in a dark shed
for 4 days. Then randomly popped them in and out of the shed for a week without any real schedule. All but two desperately need up potting but that probably won't happen, despite that all look very consistent. I suspect there may be a link with these to Torreon Violet.

Last edited:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hello RC!
The smell off these ladies is still a bit subtle, with a bit of a sweet, pepper kind of smell. I put two of them into 12/12 under lights July 10th for two weeks then put them back outside.
Two others I left in a dark shed
for 4 days. Then randomly popped them in and out of the shed for a week without any real schedule. All but two desperately need up potting but that probably won't happen, despite that all look very consistent. I suspect there may be a link with these to Torreon Violet.
That is exciting indeed, so it sounds like you are testing them for sexual stability and toughness to adverse conditions...love it. Just curious if they went into and stayed in flower from the experiment and if you saw any concerning reaction to the random schedule? Great work and fun to watch you explore these.

Saludos

RC_Colas

vermontman

That is exciting indeed, so it sounds like you are testing them for sexual stability and toughness to adverse conditions...love it. Just curious if they went into and stayed in flower from the experiment and if you saw any concerning reaction to the random schedule? Great work and fun to watch you explore these.

Saludos

RC_Colas
That is correct RC and so far they are preforming quite well and moving right along the other factors I am now looking at is mold resistance., and of course potency and quality of the high.
And thank you for your input!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Lotto

Mountain Gold at 52 days from seed. Under SIL's with rain water and a small dose of fish and kelp when I think of it. Just now starting to drink. Because of height restrictions, plant and pot can be only 24" This will take some doing. First pistil showed a couple days ago and plenty of cuts have now been rooted.

20220830_155348.jpg

RobFromTX

View attachment 18750635

My PBB is 4 weeks in flower yesterday and stacking up picture perfectly. This is my favorite. The tallest beefiest one is also the loudest smell-wise. Lots of sharp sweet fruit coming through and yes we may be working our way toward some pineapple smells. Be well everyone! View attachment 18750636
That Hawaiian sativas behind it. Makes the room smell like a candy store😍

vermontman

View attachment 18750635

My PBB is 4 weeks in flower yesterday and stacking up picture perfectly. This is my favorite. The tallest beefiest one is also the loudest smell-wise. Lots of sharp sweet fruit coming through and yes we may be working our way toward some pineapple smells. Be well everyone! View attachment 18750636
Nice one MG!
You can really see the all out Sativa in her. Do you happen to have a full plant pic?

vermontman

Mountain Gold at 52 days from seed. Under SIL's with rain water and a small dose of fish and kelp when I think of it. Just now starting to drink. Because of height restrictions, plant and pot can be only 24" This will take some doing. First pistil showed a couple days ago and plenty of cuts have now been rooted.

View attachment 18750661
Well Lotto
Looks like she is ready or some serious stacking!

Latest posts

Latest posts