What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

rebelfarmer

I'm new to growing this plant haven't even figured out my nutes lol. I think I have the general idea now that it's been three seasons but I'm still experimenting, that's probs why I haven't figured out exactly what I want to do.
I know I used to underwater and in turn over water and probably sometimes still do. I typically wait til the plants wilt a little so I know the hydrostatic pressure is low and they are looking for it. I know this helps the roots stretch earlier in life and respecting wet\dry cycles helps with other root issues.
My backyard gets full sun practically 10 hours a day depending on the season so they get thirsty especially if it's hot - this is when I likely run into under\over watering these days. Theres also white walled garage that reflects it back at them. I've been wanting to get various light measurements back there but I don't want to invest in the meter when I don't plan on using it often. It's more for the scientific part of my mind.
So long story short before I make it even longer my environment is probably harsh and I def have watering issues and nute issues lol.

Do you use anything in flower? Do you find using neem effects the taste? I've taken neem oil internally for a sick I couldn't beat and while in the beginning it was fine as I couldn't taste it once I could I had to stop taking it because it made me gag. Now I know it won't effect it to that extent but I'm curious none the less.
I do all organic living soil, so my nutes are usually only supplemented with some jadam liquid fertilizer throughout the season and some knf style watering mixes. At the end of the season (soon) I shovel out my chicken coops and top dress the beds with the manure/straw mix. I also sometimes throw some eggs into the hole before I plant or some fish guts etc based on what I got around.

I don't water, not by choice but just situation right now. I would prefer to keep the soil moist all the time for the soil life, so not letting it dry out. But that is a contentious issue in ways and everyone has their pov.
I don't use anything in flower except for soapy water and monteray bt, lab or milk (for pm). Basically flower for me is stuff with nor residue or bacterial. I would not use neem in flower, and would caution against it.

I got a whole trash bag of bud for washing to make hash this year, I only keep the best for flower (which had a lot, but if it was much work to trim it I just field trim and use for hash). Very excited to see how this seasons hash comes out, but that will not be done until the snow is on the ground. I have a feeling this season is going to taste amazing and be something very special. I love how hash, since I don't seperate strains is each year a taste of how that year was. Like wine I guess!

moose/MI

I do all organic living soil, so my nutes are usually only supplemented with some jadam liquid fertilizer throughout the season and some knf style watering mixes. At the end of the season (soon) I shovel out my chicken coops and top dress the beds with the manure/straw mix. I also sometimes throw some eggs into the hole before I plant or some fish guts etc based on what I got around.

I don't water, not by choice but just situation right now. I would prefer to keep the soil moist all the time for the soil life, so not letting it dry out. But that is a contentious issue in ways and everyone has their pov.
I don't use anything in flower except for soapy water and monteray bt, lab or milk (for pm). Basically flower for me is stuff with nor residue or bacterial. I would not use neem in flower, and would caution against it.

I got a whole trash bag of bud for washing to make hash this year, I only keep the best for flower (which had a lot, but if it was much work to trim it I just field trim and use for hash). Very excited to see how this seasons hash comes out, but that will not be done until the snow is on the ground. I have a feeling this season is going to taste amazing and be something very special. I love how hash, since I don't seperate strains is each year a taste of how that year was. Like wine I guess!
19b85812-3967-4ef3-b832-6edb97b77603-1_all_31781.jpg

I taught myself to wash bubble and make hash last year. Organic, living soil.
I kept them single origin because I was learning. Interested in the differences.

I do have a Grove bag that I still have to run that I call trail mix.
Every bud I found stuck to my sock. 😉
All my trimmings, What ever was in the grinder but I wanted to check a different strain.
Any little pile of here and there that didn't get put away. It all goes in the trail mix.

I'm looking forward to making some sativa hash this season with my GM strains!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

EnjoyingLife

I haven't decided which style I want to do past organic.
Ideally I'd make my own compost tea (it's a plan but idk when it'll come into play yet) and have a hoop house or raised beds where I could grow year round(my climate more or less allows for that rn anyways - the weather has been a little different the last two seasons) and throw in some veg and fruits. I'm leaning towards hoop house as my gardeners can't be trusted not to mess up things - watering cycles and they've weed wacked my pots etc.

I haven't heard of jadam liquid fertilizer but I'm about to google it. I have a very basic understanding of knf and if I had chickens, cows, fish etc I'd figure out how to make a useable product from any waste that was created.

I think next season I'll be figuring out some sort of top layer to help retain moisture probs just mulch and I'll be trying purecrop and Monterey bt for the pests. Deadbug too maybe depends if it kills caterpillars - I need to read up on that. Ive used it for aphids and whitefly, works well.

I don't grow enough plants nor are they big enough to pull pounds off of (5 - 7 gallon pots) maybe one day but honestly most of what I grow goes to the homeless until I get a press but first I have to figure out the pests so I'm not vaping them or their waste. I suppose I could wash the buds too.

I'd like to try my hand at hash but pests and nutes first! Probably yield too but larger pots may be the answer there. I'd need to do soil test before I put these plants in the ground. I tried tomatoes one year and there seems to be a fungus or bacteria in the soil.

Terrior it's a thing so I believe it plays a role in anything grown, especially in the ground. I can see why the hash would be different each year.

EnjoyingLife

View attachment 19084729
I taught myself to wash bubble and make hash last year. Organic, living soil.
I kept them single origin because I was learning. Interested in the differences.

I do have a Grove bag that I still have to run that I call trail mix.
Every bud I found stuck to my sock. 😉
All my trimmings, What ever was in the grinder but I wanted to check a different strain.
Any little pile of here and there that didn't get put away. It all goes in the trail mix.

I'm looking forward to making some sativa hash this season with my GM strains! View attachment 19084733 View attachment 19084735
How much does each weigh?
Do you use it by itself or mix it with bud or tobacco?
Which strains are these from?