What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Week 6 flower. MG females 1 and 11 like to stretch! MG female 5 is much shorter with a more columnar structure. She's not getting as much light with the height difference. I'll be running them separately next time around.

GMG are all uniform in height, some with "better" structure in my mind (single large colas).
Wow @sgka
Is your garden making serious progress! I love when you get to this stage of flowering. Just a few more weeks to go!

sgka

Veteran
Agreed, my favorite time is when they really bulk up right around now. I will hit them with a bloom booster dose just for this week.

Also I will say I am consistently amazed at how light these feed. I'm running at 54% strength with the Jacks 3-2-1 right now and still some slight tip burn. Will be saving me some nutes running these consistently!

drosera420

Premium user
Time to add a new grow. These are my Mountain Gold's 4&5 about 2 weeks into flower. Had to take emergency trip and ended up sticking them uncared for in cool room with natural light two weeks ago so just kept them in flower. Two boys culled earlier this week. Now down to the 2 MG and 2 Lemon Dizzle fem. freebies. Coco, with Gen Hydro 3-4 ml micro/ 4.5 -6 ml bloom, cal/mag and some silica added too. About 5.8 to 6 seems to be good for pH. Definately need to watch that pH on these.
MG 4
Mountain Gold 4.jpg

MG 5
Mountain Gold 5.jpg

LD 2&3
Lemon Dizzle 2 and 3.jpg

vermontman

Agreed, my favorite time is when they really bulk up right around now. I will hit them with a bloom booster dose just for this week.

Also I will say I am consistently amazed at how light these feed. I'm running at 54% strength with the Jacks 3-2-1 right now and still some slight tip burn. Will be saving me some nutes running these consistently!
Awesome @sgka!
Some of Jacks formula were taken or bought or copied, from Peters. Their 20-20-20 was definitely taken when Jacks replaced them on the big box sore shelves, I buy peters 20--- from a greenhouse supply company, by the 30LB bag. I have used it for decades on everything from orchid production to cannabis. I like their balance of Ammonium Nitrate to Urea ratio. My strains get mostly organic soil mix supplements and I use the Peters as sort of a multi vitamin at 1 Tsp/3 gallons and a pinch of Epson salt. on my clone mothers I add 1/8 Tsp to that of pure ammonium Nitrate, which is still very low amount of salt fertilizer though that is every watering. The sensitivity to the nutes come from the Oaxacan Gold in all my strains, and she often will just get straight water and lesser amounts of organics even in her potting mix. An often when I do feed Oaxacan it seems a bit more forgiving if I water from the tray and let her wick up. When I start my bloom about week two I start to add 1/4 Tsp of ferti-lome 9-58-8 bloom booster to the 1/4 Tsp Peters and a pinch of Epson salt /per three gallons every watering up to about two weeks before harvest and the just plain water. This is all indoors. Outdoors I moved to all organic with a good manure compost base fortified with bone blood or chicken poo, gypsum and lime, and just water through the season. Sativa varieties in general tend to be a bit more nute sensitive across the board.

vermontman

Time to add a new grow. These are my Mountain Gold's 4&5 about 2 weeks into flower. Had to take emergency trip and ended up sticking them uncared for in cool room with natural light two weeks ago so just kept them in flower. Two boys culled earlier this week. Now down to the 2 MG and 2 Lemon Dizzle fem. freebies. Coco, with Gen Hydro 3-4 ml micro/ 4.5 -6 ml bloom, cal/mag and some silica added too. About 5.8 to 6 seems to be good for pH. Definately need to watch that pH on these.
MG 4
View attachment 18940365
MG 5
View attachment 18940366
LD 2&3
View attachment 18940367
Looks like @drosera420 has his nutes dialed in, in good order!
Very healthy plants! My mothers are all currently outside for now just waiting for all the clones I took a few days ago to root. I need to down size my mothers from gallons to quarts to free up my lab for mushroom work.
Thank you for sharing!

sgka

Veteran
Awesome @sgka!
Some of Jacks formula were taken or bought or copied, from Peters. Their 20-20-20 was definitely taken when Jacks replaced them on the big box sore shelves, I buy peters 20--- from a greenhouse supply company, by the 30LB bag. I have used it for decades on everything from orchid production to cannabis. I like their balance of Ammonium Nitrate to Urea ratio. My strains get mostly organic soil mix supplements and I use the Peters as sort of a multi vitamin at 1 Tsp/3 gallons and a pinch of Epson salt. on my clone mothers I add 1/8 Tsp to that of pure ammonium Nitrate, which is still very low amount of salt fertilizer though that is every watering. The sensitivity to the nutes come from the Oaxacan Gold in all my strains, and she often will just get straight water and lesser amounts of organics even in her potting mix. An often when I do feed Oaxacan it seems a bit more forgiving if I water from the tray and let her wick up. When I start my bloom about week two I start to add 1/4 Tsp of ferti-lome 9-58-8 bloom booster to the 1/4 Tsp Peters and a pinch of Epson salt /per three gallons every watering up to about two weeks before harvest and the just plain water. This is all indoors. Outdoors I moved to all organic with a good manure compost base fortified with bone blood or chicken poo, gypsum and lime, and just water through the season. Sativa varieties in general tend to be a bit more nute sensitive across the board.
Noted. Outdoor we are all organic. Our field plants live between our Malus trees, both for protection inside the deer fence and also on the drip irrigation with fish fertilizer. Also they are shielded from prying eyes. In the spring we run autos in our raised beds, but they are only shielded by the spring peas from the nearby recreational hiking trails, so I don't leave our fall flowering ladies in that section of the garden.

We have a few local horse farms, so aside from the annual horse manure that gets added in the fall, we add whatever the agricultural experiment station suggest for apples and pears in our fields. The cannabis gets the same treatment due to its residential area along with some local treatment of additional fish ferts.

This year my oldest has taken an interest in cannabis plants, she's only 12, so we are treading cautiously, but perhaps this spring she will start her own seeds along with her usual interested of the edible garden crops. I have tried to stress the importance of discretion to her this past week, so we shall see. Hard to tell if we even get winter in Dixie this year, but all in all the garlic will be happy I guess

vermontman

Noted. Outdoor we are all organic. Our field plants live between our Malus trees, both for protection inside the deer fence and also on the drip irrigation with fish fertilizer. Also they are shielded from prying eyes. In the spring we run autos in our raised beds, but they are only shielded by the spring peas from the nearby recreational hiking trails, so I don't leave our fall flowering ladies in that section of the garden.

We have a few local horse farms, so aside from the annual horse manure that gets added in the fall, we add whatever the agricultural experiment station suggest for apples and pears in our fields. The cannabis gets the same treatment due to its residential area along with some local treatment of additional fish ferts.

This year my oldest has taken an interest in cannabis plants, she's only 12, so we are treading cautiously, but perhaps this spring she will start her own seeds along with her usual interested of the edible garden crops. I have tried to stress the importance of discretion to her this past week, so we shall see. Hard to tell if we even get winter in Dixie this year, but all in all the garlic will be happy I guess
Very cool @sgka Horse poo has always been one of my favorites, the only down fall is the weed seeds that survive the poo. I think it's amazing how stealth gardens can be grown just out of sight of prying eyes, also wonderful your daughter taking a fancy to growing all kinds of plants.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Hello, Vtman. Back in the early 80's I picked up an oz of what I was told came from Hawaii. It was green & gold with a sweet front and a delicious hashy back end. The buzz was up, warm, and happy. Everyone I shared it with just loved it. Sadly, I never seen anything like it since. Fast forward, my state recently made recreational legal and I am getting ready for a small grow for my own personal. I have run a slightly bigger indoor as an outlaw and I got called up to the bigger leagues to oversee an outdoor medical operation one season (74 elbows dry). So, I'm not a total noob. Anyways, your Mountain Gold description really caught my eye so I ordered up a pack. I really want to relive that sweet hashy HA again. What are the chances of finding such a pheno in a pack? What kind of stretch should I expect under LEDs? Do you suggest topping/scrog or just let her run au naturelle? I also am thinking forward and have some Ace Thai/A5 on the way.. perhaps using a MG boy in a cross. Whacha think?

vermontman

Hello, Vtman. Back in the early 80's I picked up an oz of what I was told came from Hawaii. It was green & gold with a sweet front and a delicious hashy back end. The buzz was up, warm, and happy. Everyone I shared it with just loved it. Sadly, I never seen anything like it since. Fast forward, my state recently made recreational legal and I am getting ready for a small grow for my own personal. I have run a slightly bigger indoor as an outlaw and I got called up to the bigger leagues to oversee an outdoor medical operation one season (74 elbows dry). So, I'm not a total noob. Anyways, your Mountain Gold description really caught my eye so I ordered up a pack. I really want to relive that sweet hashy HA again. What are the chances of finding such a pheno in a pack? What kind of stretch should I expect under LEDs? Do you suggest topping/scrog or just let her run au naturelle? I also am thinking forward and have some Ace Thai/A5 on the way.. perhaps using a MG boy in a cross. Whacha think?
Helo @HarleyJammer!
Boy it's tough to say, What you had back then as Hawaiian could have been a one off. There were so many Ha strains back then all so different, I had one that was just like fruit striped gum, another one from Maui that was super sweet mint. It's been so long I am not sure if I would recognize these in my own work. That being said many of the older strains certainly had their own qualities, and I feel that my strains based on my flavor preference to the older less complex hybrids have their very own strong legs to stand on. But to your query should you cross Mountain Gold? Being a bit of a purest and trying to keep alive the old school vibe of what ever strains attributes you are trying to capture. I would suggest keeping both strains separate and use a male Mountain Gold to do an F1. Because Mountain Gold is a primary hybrid of two very stable sativa strains. Grow out that F1 seed pick your favorite pheno for flavor and effect, and there should be little variation, and just go with that the more you mix, the more variation and the less the opportunity to nail down what you are looking for.
I Hope that helps?
CHEERS!
As far as the stretch and your lights, that is hard to determine it depends on your lights and other factors. But in general there is a bit of stretch on Mountain Gold but not an insane amount compared to many other pure sativa. Clones often are a bit more manageable. But keep the lights tight, bright and and 11/13 light cycle will help keep it tight.
Please if others here could chime in, that are currently working on Mountain Gold that would be most appreciated.

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Helo @HarleyJammer!
Boy it's tough to say, What you had back then as Hawaiian could have been a one off. There were so many Ha strains back then all so different, I had one that was just like fruit striped gum, another one from Maui that was super sweet mint. It's been so long I am not sure if I would recognize these in my own work. That being said many of the older strains certainly had their own qualities, and I feel that my strains based on my flavor preference to the older less complex hybrids have their very own strong legs to stand on. But to your query should you cross Mountain Gold? Being a bit of a purest and trying to keep alive the old school vibe of what ever strains attributes you are trying to capture. I would suggest keeping both strains separate and use a male Mountain Gold to do an F1. Because Mountain Gold is a primary hybrid of two very stable sativa strains. Grow out that F1 seed pick your favorite pheno for flavor and effect, and there should be little variation, and just go with that the more you mix, the more variation and the less the opportunity to nail down what you are looking for.
I Hope that helps?
CHEERS!
As far as the stretch and your lights, that is hard to determine it depends on your lights and other factors. But in general there is a bit of stretch on Mountain Gold but not an insane amount compared to many other pure sativa. Clones often are a bit more manageable. But keep the lights tight, bright and and 11/13 light cycle will help keep it tight.
Please if others here could chime in, that are currently working on Mountain Gold that would be most appreciated.
Appreciate the sage advice, VTman. I started enjoying the wonders of cannabis in '78. I caught the tail end of 'old school' sativa buds before the indo' indica became famous. I fondly remember that smoke that came from south of the border that would glue a smile on your face.. fits of jokes and laughter.. make you want to clean the house or wash the car. Now, I cant bash the indica.. everything in its own place and time.. but its not for me. I'm a sativa man through and through. After taking about an 8 year hiatus from botany.. and the legalization of cultivation in my state.. I have an opportunity to grow especially just for me. Going from just a closet to a full basement nursery/veg/flower rooms to the outdoor medical gig I've come full circle to a 3x3 tent and 300 watt LED.. probably a small pantry with a tiny light for a mom. Ya know, small & simple.. buds just for me and not trying to juggle 9 different strains at once. So I really dont have the space anymore to grow them as big as I can.. on the contrary, I need to learn how to grow them within the confines of the restricted space. Seems so alien to me..

Another aspect of your work that intrigued me was that your genetics finish outdoors at 42N. Now I can shut down the tent for summer, take it to task outside, and let them go all gonzo... I remember back in the day planting bagseed in the yard.. So happy to see it grow - bummed out it would never finish before the snow started flying.. hahaha.

Believe it or not, I have read this entire thread over a 3 day time span. Also, read many threads on other Ace's strains. I remember that there were some folks running MG but everything is beginning to run together.. info overload.. and I'm an old stoner hahaha.. I would be much obliged if these fine folks could return and share their experience with MG and perhaps offer any tips and tricks to optimize its potential in my dimunitive tent environment.

vermontman

Appreciate the sage advice, VTman. I started enjoying the wonders of cannabis in '78. I caught the tail end of 'old school' sativa buds before the indo' indica became famous. I fondly remember that smoke that came from south of the border that would glue a smile on your face.. fits of jokes and laughter.. make you want to clean the house or wash the car. Now, I cant bash the indica.. everything in its own place and time.. but its not for me. I'm a sativa man through and through. After taking about an 8 year hiatus from botany.. and the legalization of cultivation in my state.. I have an opportunity to grow especially just for me. Going from just a closet to a full basement nursery/veg/flower rooms to the outdoor medical gig I've come full circle to a 3x3 tent and 300 watt LED.. probably a small pantry with a tiny light for a mom. Ya know, small & simple.. buds just for me and not trying to juggle 9 different strains at once. So I really dont have the space anymore to grow them as big as I can.. on the contrary, I need to learn how to grow them within the confines of the restricted space. Seems so alien to me..

Another aspect of your work that intrigued me was that your genetics finish outdoors at 42N. Now I can shut down the tent for summer, take it to task outside, and let them go all gonzo... I remember back in the day planting bagseed in the yard.. So happy to see it grow - bummed out it would never finish before the snow started flying.. hahaha.

Believe it or not, I have read this entire thread over a 3 day time span. Also, read many threads on other Ace's strains. I remember that there were some folks running MG but everything is beginning to run together.. info overload.. and I'm an old stoner hahaha.. I would be much obliged if these fine folks could return and share their experience with MG and perhaps offer any tips and tricks to optimize its potential in my dimunitive tent environment.
Well you are most welcome @HarleyJammer
I feel some Indica has it's place but I really love growing Sativas Plus I love when people say I want cannabis that just makes me feel happy! So starting out to find true sativa varieties I loved that finish fast, but were also desirable in effects and with very respectful harvests. The best advice I can offer on the Mountain Gold are three things if you can give a longer veg time outside, keep them size constrained by tight potting let them get a couple weeks into flower then finish them under lights, you will get good strong self supporting stems with massive buds. Two let them finish outside again they will finish by second week in Oct. but a little faster if kept pot bound. Third take clones of longer grown plants say at least three months and flower those under lights.
I hope someone else will chime in here. Maybe @drosera420 as he progresses along?
Here is my first Mountain Gold two plants I grew on left. I finished just over a decade ago. Grown outdoors the finished inside.

005.JPG

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
I feel some Indica has it's place but I really love growing Sativas Plus I love when people say I want cannabis that just makes me feel happy! So starting out to find true sativa varieties I loved that finish fast, but were also desirable in effects and with very respectful harvests. The best advice I can offer on the Mountain Gold are three things if you can give a longer veg time outside, keep them size constrained by tight potting let them get a couple weeks into flower then finish them under lights, you will get good strong self supporting stems with massive buds. Two let them finish outside again they will finish by second week in Oct. but a little faster if kept pot bound. Third take clones of longer grown plants say at least three months and flower those under lights.
I hope someone else will chime in here. Maybe @drosera420 as he progresses along?
Here is my first Mountain Gold two plants I grew on left. I finished just over a decade ago. Grown outdoors the finished inside.

View attachment 18941595
VTman, again your insight is valuable and appreciated. Truth be told, I carry a congenital neuropathy that is treated with Parkinson's drugs (off label). Throughout my early experimental phase I took notice that sometimes when I smoked the symptoms abated.. then other times symptoms would worsen post-smoke. I couldn't make sense of it. This, of course, was before I became cannabis savvy; aware of indica/sativa... at that time weed was just weed. It was after the lightbulb turned on I began taking note of what I was actually partaking. It became apparent to me that indica triggered my symptoms and that sativa strains alleviated the symptoms.. often within minutes whereas the prescribed Parkinson's drugs might take hours post attack. This fascinated me. Continued investigation I discovered published medical journals involving treating Parkinson's. Although my diagnosis is not Parkinson's I deduced there might be a correlation since I was prescribed the same drugs. I first learned that to be affective the dopamine agonist drugs that I take only hold efficacy if the brain is pre-treated with the drug prior to a neurological symptom attack. If taken post-attack the drugs will not work. That made sense to me in my own experience. If I didn't take my dose at a specific daily time I was SOL. Next, I found a published article from scientists that conducted experiments involving genetically modified rodents, Parkinson's, and THCV. The conclusion stated that THCV acted as an antioxidant and that it was effective in treating Parkinson's symptoms. This leads me to fathom that my disease must involve the production of free radicals and their interactions with neurons. Now, throughout my grows I concentrated on indica and indica dominant hybrids; mostly due to partners' choices and faster turn around from clone to harvest. I discussed my findings with my partners at that time and they agreed to give me a space allowance to conduct my own experiments. After a short web search I discovered a breeder named Subcool. He had a strain called Jack the Ripper: 90% sativa with purported elevated levels of THCV. Subcool also held a strain he called Ripped Bubba; an almost 50/50 (or was it 60/40?) cross between Jack the Ripper and Bubba Kush. I grew both out and tested them on myself. I found that the JTR did not induce symptoms and in fact did alleviate a symptom attack within minutes... something that the prescribed drugs could not. Wow.. it was like magic. Next, I tried the Ripped Bubba. Still, the JTR THCV was present in this strain but at decreased levels. The Bubba Kush in that cross induced a symptom attack. Smoked on another day post-attack proved ineffective and made symptoms worse. I had tempted fate many times smoking what we normally grew so I knew what a straight up indica would do to me. So, in essence, my backyard testing on myself totally falls in line with the published reports. It is amazing how a plant can either be my medicine or my poison. To make a long story a little longer, I enjoy the psychoactive and physical effects from sativas.. and the almost immediate relief I receive from the horrendous symptoms of my disease. Could there be other characteristics such as other camabinoid/terps that come into play between indica/sativa besides THCV? I dont know.

vermontman

VTman, again your insight is valuable and appreciated. Truth be told, I carry a congenital neuropathy that is treated with Parkinson's drugs (off label). Throughout my early experimental phase I took notice that sometimes when I smoked the symptoms abated.. then other times symptoms would worsen post-smoke. I couldn't make sense of it. This, of course, was before I became cannabis savvy; aware of indica/sativa... at that time weed was just weed. It was after the lightbulb turned on I began taking note of what I was actually partaking. It became apparent to me that indica triggered my symptoms and that sativa strains alleviated the symptoms.. often within minutes whereas the prescribed Parkinson's drugs might take hours post attack. This fascinated me. Continued investigation I discovered published medical journals involving treating Parkinson's. Although my diagnosis is not Parkinson's I deduced there might be a correlation since I was prescribed the same drugs. I first learned that to be affective the dopamine agonist drugs that I take only hold efficacy if the brain is pre-treated with the drug prior to a neurological symptom attack. If taken post-attack the drugs will not work. That made sense to me in my own experience. If I didn't take my dose at a specific daily time I was SOL. Next, I found a published article from scientists that conducted experiments involving genetically modified rodents, Parkinson's, and THCV. The conclusion stated that THCV acted as an antioxidant and that it was effective in treating Parkinson's symptoms. This leads me to fathom that my disease must involve the production of free radicals and their interactions with neurons. Now, throughout my grows I concentrated on indica and indica dominant hybrids; mostly due to partners' choices and faster turn around from clone to harvest. I discussed my findings with my partners at that time and they agreed to give me a space allowance to conduct my own experiments. After a short web search I discovered a breeder named Subcool. He had a strain called Jack the Ripper: 90% sativa with purported elevated levels of THCV. Subcool also held a strain he called Ripped Bubba; an almost 50/50 (or was it 60/40?) cross between Jack the Ripper and Bubba Kush. I grew both out and tested them on myself. I found that the JTR did not induce symptoms and in fact did alleviate a symptom attack within minutes... something that the prescribed drugs could not. Wow.. it was like magic. Next, I tried the Ripped Bubba. Still, the JTR THCV was present in this strain but at decreased levels. The Bubba Kush in that cross induced a symptom attack. Smoked on another day post-attack proved ineffective and made symptoms worse. I had tempted fate many times smoking what we normally grew so I knew what a straight up indica would do to me. So, in essence, my backyard testing on myself totally falls in line with the published reports. It is amazing how a plant can either be my medicine or my poison. To make a long story a little longer, I enjoy the psychoactive and physical effects from sativas.. and the almost immediate relief I receive from the horrendous symptoms of my disease. Could there be other characteristics such as other camabinoid/terps that come into play between indica/sativa besides THCV? I dont know.
Wow! Firstly sorry that you had to go through all of that.
Hugs to man!
But It is fascinating you were able to discern and pinpoint what helps you and conversely what does not. Maybe it is the THCV in sativa that is your medicine. Also maybe your posting will catch the eye of another sufferer with the same malody or even someone suffering something different, that may find sativa or Indica a bit of knowledge that can help lead them on the path to wellness . I am very pleased you found some relief, and I hope you can find something in my strains that work for you. That being said if you do or don't I would be keen to learn either way. Even different strains of sativa have their own profiles. One thing I can say if any of my strains do work for you, they would all be very easy to line breed to keep your medicine growing so to speak. Because two of my strains are primary crosses of pure sativa. The Mountain Gold and the Purple Satellite. The Zacatecas tribute is mostly sativa as the mom is Oaxacan Gold and the dad Big Sur Holy Weed though very stable and an inbred line would be very easily maintained does have a touch of Indica from the BSHW. And lastly my Green Mountain Grape the only poly hybrid I do has pure sativa moms but a touch of Indica from the Mendo Heirloom. I hope that helps you and please keep us posted.
CHEERS

EnjoyingLife

@Piff_cat may have insight.
I'm not certain but I do see this person posting various things on cannabinoids and terps.
The most recent being cbc holds thc at the receptor site longer.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Wow! Firstly sorry that you had to go through all of that.
Hugs to man!
But It is fascinating you were able to discern and pinpoint what helps you and conversely what does not. Maybe it is the THCV in sativa that is your medicine. Also maybe your posting will catch the eye of another sufferer with the same malody or even someone suffering something different, that may find sativa or Indica a bit of knowledge that can help lead them on the path to wellness . I am very pleased you found some relief, and I hope you can find something in my strains that work for you. That being said if you do or don't I would be keen to learn either way. Even different strains of sativa have their own profiles. One thing I can say if any of my strains do work for you, they would all be very easy to line breed to keep your medicine growing so to speak. Because two of my strains are primary crosses of pure sativa. The Mountain Gold and the Purple Satellite. The Zacatecas tribute is mostly sativa as the mom is Oaxacan Gold and the dad Big Sur Holy Weed though very stable and an inbred line would be very easily maintained does have a touch of Indica from the BSHW. And lastly my Green Mountain Grape the only poly hybrid I do has pure sativa moms but a touch of Indica from the Mendo Heirloom. I hope that helps you and please keep us posted.
CHEERS
Right on, VTman. I have my light.. My little tent arrived yesterday.. My beans should be here Saturday or Monday.. I am getting ready to cook with grease :)

During my botanical hiatus a family member picked up the torch and ran with it. They have a nice little set up going.. a good number of successful grows with various strains. Plus, they've turned to the Light of Sativas **angelic music**. Within a short phone conversation theyre jazzed to work with me. Meeting up at their place tomorrow to iron out the details and formulate the game plan.. plus I promised their S.O. that I would drop off a bottle of my homemade mango wine when it was ready, so perfect timing.

I will definently keep you in loop as we progress. Until then, I wish you the best in 2024.

drosera420

Premium user

View attachment 18941595
I'll keep pics updated with the current MG
grow. I do plan for a stretch though by pinching and tying things down. By the end my 5×5 tent holds 4 -5 plants comfortably. That keeps momma in medicine for 6 months. Sometime soon will put more info out there on what seems to work for me in coco using led's with these sativa's. Not as set it and forget it as hybrids, at least in coco that is.

EnjoyingLife

Right on, VTman. I have my light.. My little tent arrived yesterday.. My beans should be here Saturday or Monday.. I am getting ready to cook with grease :)

During my botanical hiatus a family member picked up the torch and ran with it. They have a nice little set up going.. a good number of successful grows with various strains. Plus, they've turned to the Light of Sativas **angelic music**. Within a short phone conversation theyre jazzed to work with me. Meeting up at their place tomorrow to iron out the details and formulate the game plan.. plus I promised their S.O. that I would drop off a bottle of my homemade mango wine when it was ready, so perfect timing.

I will definently keep you in loop as we progress. Until then, I wish you the best in 2024.
Mango wine sounds delicious

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Mango wine sounds delicious
The mango hootch is unique and tasty. Those that have imbibed enjoyed it. I have found that including frozen mango slices in the glass really adds something special to the experience. I made the wine at 14% abv so it does have a mild kick. Like a tasty creeper bud its easy to get one toke over the line or in this case one glass over the line :)

I have 2 batches of banana wine bulk aging at the moment. I infused cinnamon and vanilla in each and these are at 17% abv. When I back-sweeten these I will use a combination of Demara, brown, and white sugars for caramel and molasses notes.

.. I have Chilean Syrah, California Red Zin, sweet cherry, and black currant aging in the cellar.

exoticrobotic

The mango hootch is unique and tasty. Those that have imbibed enjoyed it. I have found that including frozen mango slices in the glass really adds something special to the experience. I made the wine at 14% abv so it does have a mild kick. Like a tasty creeper bud its easy to get one toke over the line or in this case one glass over the line :)

I have 2 batches of banana wine bulk aging at the moment. I infused cinnamon and vanilla in each and these are at 17% abv. When I back-sweeten these I will use a combination of Demara, brown, and white sugars for caramel and molasses notes.

.. I have Chilean Syrah, California Red Zin, sweet cherry, and black currant aging in the cellar.

Mango hootch and banana wine, wow man, that's some niiiice sounding drinks.

Black currant as well and sweet cherry.

17%abv is very strong, do you have to second ferment them at all to get this?

I've recently been contemplating a ginger beer and a simple bucket cider with apples and lemons.

It would be great if you made a thread about your wines with the process and kit you use.

I'd love to try some banana wine and also further distill it to a sherry.

Wine, weed and bikinis 😋

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Mango hootch and banana wine, wow man, that's some niiiice sounding drinks.

Black currant as well and sweet cherry.

17%abv is very strong, do you have to second ferment them at all to get this?

I've recently been contemplating a ginger beer and a simple bucket cider with apples and lemons.

It would be great if you made a thread about your wines with the process and kit you use.

I'd love to try some banana wine and also further distill it to a sherry.

Wine, weed and bikinis 😋
Wine, weed, bikinis, motorcycles, guitars.. yeah, mon :)

The yeast I used for the banana is alcohol tolerant up to 18% so a 2nd fermentation is not necessary.

Latest posts

Latest posts