What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Neiko

Mountain Gold Day 36. I harvested a a big Panama and Snow Moon so she has room to spread out now. She's still in hyper drive. I had to up her water to 1.5 gallons every 36 hours. The bubblegum smell is intensifying to the point that's all I smell in the grow room.
20230820_150211.jpg
20230820_150228.jpg
20230820_150234.jpg

Attachments

• 20230820_150247.jpg
    20230820_150247.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52

vermontman

Mountain Gold Day 36. I harvested a a big Panama and Snow Moon so she has room to spread out now. She's still in hyper drive. I had to up her water to 1.5 gallons every 36 hours. The bubblegum smell is intensifying to the point that's all I smell in the grow room.
View attachment 18879622 View attachment 18879623 View attachment 18879624

WWWHHHHOOOOHHOOOO!
Absolutely beautiful!
I am currently selecting out best clones of each of my landraces and crosses, and man that could be a selected select! So awesome to see her progress. Also interesting is that when you work with old school base genetics you see where Bubble gum came from, and Blueberry, and so many others. I just hope people don't forget the magical roots that all these wonderful modern day strains, that have become in my humble opinion so muddied and the unique, and the phenomenal highs that to me are purer in there existence, will be lost through short sightedness. So I power on keeping it clean to see feed backs like yours.
Thank you for keeping us up to date!

Neiko

WWWHHHHOOOOHHOOOO!
Absolutely beautiful!
I am currently selecting out best clones of each of my landraces and crosses, and man that could be a selected select! So awesome to see her progress. Also interesting is that when you work with old school base genetics you see where Bubble gum came from, and Blueberry, and so many others. I just hope people don't forget the magical roots that all these wonderful modern day strains, that have become in my humble opinion so muddied and the unique, and the phenomenal highs that to me are purer in there existence, will be lost through short sightedness. So I power on keeping it clean to see feed backs like yours.
Thank you for keeping us up to date!
I love the old school and landrace genetics. I do grow a few newer strains but I rarely find anything I really like. The highs are mostly the same heavy muddy feeling. Friends like those but I usually try them a couple times then just give it away. I got to sample a buddy's Mountain Gold and I fell in love. When I ordered these from Mandela Seeds I also got Mountain Gold x Satori. I have one in flower and it looks nothing like the pure MG. It definitely has some indica in it. Did you help with that cross or did they do it on their own?

vermontman

I love the old school and landrace genetics. I do grow a few newer strains but I rarely find anything I really like. The highs are mostly the same heavy muddy feeling. Friends like those but I usually try them a couple times then just give it away. I got to sample a buddy's Mountain Gold and I fell in love. When I ordered these from Mandela Seeds I also got Mountain Gold x Satori. I have one in flower and it looks nothing like the pure MG. It definitely has some indica in it. Did you help with that cross or did they do it on their own?
Hey Neiko!
No, Mine is is just the Mountain Gold, but I feel humbled that they used my genetics to make that Satori cross. I have never even seen that cross grown out.

sgka

Veteran
D

Deleted member 465345

I also made a few crosses with the Purple Satellite last year.
Here are some pics from today

Romulan Sativa (ape origin freebie) x Purple Satellite

rsxps1.jpg

rsxps2.jpg

rsxps3.jpg

Also,

Panama x Purple satellite
pxps 6.jpg

pxps 66.jpg

pxps666.jpg

All were pollenated by Purple Satellite

Last edited by a moderator:

vermontman

vermontman

I also made a few crosses with the Purple Satellite last year.
Here are some pics from today

Romulan Sativa (ape origin freebie) x Purple Satellite

View attachment 18880177
View attachment 18880180
View attachment 18880181

Also,

Panama x Purple satellite
View attachment 18880182

View attachment 18880183
View attachment 18880184

All were pollenated by Purple Satellite
Romulan was and older BC strain I wonder if it is the same genetics? Be keen to see how the crosses play out.

D

Deleted member 465345

Romulan was and older BC strain I wonder if it is the same genetics? Be keen to see how the crosses play out.

The description from the seedbank that issued the freebies says

"... The strain was created by crossing a Romulan Indica cut (from breeder Next Generation) with the great Titans Haze (aka Skunk Haze) from Flying Dutchmen. Romulan itself is an excellent indica that has been grown in British Columbia for many decades, ..."

Sounds like it might be the same Romulan.

The Romulan sativa x purple satellite smell great and 2 of 3 seem to be quicker flowering like the purple satellite. The cross smells a little like the purple satellite but with a spicy layer behind it, hard to describe.

Nice work there @lohnjennon!
Are you getting the Cherry smells yet?
Thanks! I love making more seeds

The Cherry smells have started with the Purple Satellite and the colors are amazing! Not very visible in my poor pictures. Before i pollinated them the pistils on some were bright pink and bright purple on another.

Last edited by a moderator:

vermontman

The description from the seedbank that issued the freebies says

"... The strain was created by crossing a Romulan Indica cut (from breeder Next Generation) with the great Titans Haze (aka Skunk Haze) from Flying Dutchmen. Romulan itself is an excellent indica that has been grown in British Columbia for many decades, ..."

Sounds like it might be the same Romulan.

The Romulan sativa x purple satellite smell great and 2 of 3 seem to be quicker flowering like the purple satellite. The cross smells a little like the purple satellite but with a spicy layer behind it, hard to describe.

Thanks! I love making more seeds

The Cherry smells have started with the Purple Satellite and the colors are amazing! Not very visible in my poor pictures. Before i pollinated them the pistils on some were bright pink and bright purple on another.
Hey @lohnjennon!
Thank you for posting!
Please keep us updated I would be keen to see your progress.

vermontman

An update on a Mountain Gold in my garden at 41°. I was concerned about our pole light being too bright and interrupt flowering. It's about 7-10 days into flower and doing fine. All the staking kept it about 3.5' tall and 8' wide.
View attachment 18881060

An update on a Mountain Gold in my garden at 41°. I was concerned about our pole light being too bright and interrupt flowering. It's about 7-10 days into flower and doing fine. All the staking kept it about 3.5' tall and 8' wide.
View attachment 18881060
Hello @drosera420!
Looking great so far! Though the yellowing in the leaves very well could be a bit to high on the nutes? What is she being fed? The Oax in her is very sensitive to over and under
fertilizer. If the yellowing is from lack of feed that is a different situation.
If you have NOT been feeding chemical nutes or any other feed? You may want to consider adding a cup of blood meal around your lady. Hope the lights don't throw her off to much.
Please keep us posted!