What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Looks killer Neiko. :) That bubblegum fruity aroma is exactly how mine was last year. I should definitely grow this one again.
Hey Tex!!!
Firstly Neiko you are nailing it! I could not see one flaw in your grow there. The fruitiness is imparted by the Hawaiian Sativa influence, but the structure is very Oaxacan. Outside she can finish as early as first week Oct especially if kept a bit root bound, at 42N. Though some will finish End of Sept if given all available sunlight in what would considered a good growing season, emphasis on sunny dry Fall season.

vermontman

Excuse the old camera, and pics from 2 weeks ago:
Pic 1. Purple Satellite x UEL, pushing 8ft, more vigorous than Mountan Gold. Two out of 4 have started rapid flowering since, earlier than UEL! Aromas from parent PS coming through. Male cut is starting flower too.
PIc 2. Mountain Gold , not too much sign yet.. hopefully there'll be enough flowers to make a cross with that male. Not as septoria resistant as PS, I wonder if thats from the Hawaiian side?
Hello @bonghopper!
Pics looking fine to me. Though I would think there would be a bit more preflowering going on by now. But you I believe are at a higher latitude?

@peace

Purple Satellite in the garden at 43 N. Moving along very quickly and handling the rain/ high humidity very well. First 3 pics are the same plant, the first one is 16 days prior to the other two. Last one is a different PS plant.
1691945342507.png

1691945385351.png

1691945415414.png

1691945579347.png

vermontman

Purple Satellite in the garden at 43 N. Moving along very quickly and handling the rain/ high humidity very well. First 3 pics are the same plant, the first one is 16 days prior to the other two. Last one is a different PS plant.
View attachment 18876920
View attachment 18876921
View attachment 18876922
View attachment 18876924
Hello @Peace!
Out in full sun where she loves to be! What are you giving your ladies for nutes? With limitless root run the should get quite chunky!
Got to love the pink pistils, all my P.S ladies are sporting pink pistils, though the will soon shrivel here, loaded with pollen to make more
Green Mountain Grape.
WWWHHHOOOOOO!

vermontman

OAXACAN GOLD
Purple line crossed back to sister Green line. It's really quite interesting the Purple line has more lavender to fruity notes.
But the Green line right now smells like a fresh snoot of really clean coke from many days gone by and which I haven't done in decades, but the memory is still there.
These Oax ladies just got repotted today from one to two gallon pots. You can see the yellowing from being so root bound. The Oax is very nute sensitive, so mostly organics in the mix
blood, bone, lime, gypsum. Even with just organics caution is needed to go on the lite side in the mix.
Oh also you can really see the Oax in the Mountain Gold, in @Neiko's grow. Especially in the greasy smaller, verses globule type trichs seen in other strains.

127_2167.JPG

127_2159.JPG

Last edited:

bonghopper

I'm up at 53N, so flowering usually a month later than listed in descriptions, and depends on what cold tolerance/heat unit requirement a strain has too - our summer has barely got above 65F

Oaxacan looking beautiful, really think it would pair amazing with UEL to early it up for outdoors without changing the high as much as the Baglung does.

I'll show you next year how it pairs with Mountain Gold as long as all goes to plan.

@peace

Hello @Peace!
Out in full sun where she loves to be! What are you giving your ladies for nutes? With limitless root run the should get quite chunky!
Got to love the pink pistils, all my P.S ladies are sporting pink pistils, though the will soon shrivel here, loaded with pollen to make more
Green Mountain Grape.
WWWHHHOOOOOO!
Hey man. Yeah the pink pistils really make the plant look nice. For nutrients it had about 1-2" of composted beef cattle manure applied last fall. Then I put about 8 cups of charcoal in a 3.5' radius around where each plant would be. I did this in March with charcoal I was creating from boiling maple syrup. I worked that all in with tillage in the beginning of June, should have worked in the manure last fall ideally. Then I put some corn fertilizer 2" beside and 2-4" below the bottom of my root ball when I plant. The corn fertilizer is roughly 12-22-23 with some S and Zn. I only watered them once after planting mid June. The rest has been up to nature. Sometimes I water the plants a few times in the season but this year it is raining often enough that I don't have to.

RobFromTX

I'm convinced that memory never goes away. It's been almost twenty years for me and I do occasionally get the itch for it but I know better. I kind of can still call the feeling in if I think about it hard enough. I'll get the rush and my nose will run a bit.

Lol its definitely not an experience i'll ever relive. Coke is fun when you're young with some expendable cash. The trick to a positive outcome is not doing it for very long

vermontman

Hey man. Yeah the pink pistils really make the plant look nice. For nutrients it had about 1-2" of composted beef cattle manure applied last fall. Then I put about 8 cups of charcoal in a 3.5' radius around where each plant would be. I did this in March with charcoal I was creating from boiling maple syrup. I worked that all in with tillage in the beginning of June, should have worked in the manure last fall ideally. Then I put some corn fertilizer 2" beside and 2-4" below the bottom of my root ball when I plant. The corn fertilizer is roughly 12-22-23 with some S and Zn. I only watered them once after planting mid June. The rest has been up to nature. Sometimes I water the plants a few times in the season but this year it is raining often enough that I don't have to.
Sounds like you got it licked!
I have not had to water my few plants in the ground but plants in pots need almost daily.