What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I stand corrected. For personal grower, with little to no resources, and no expertise, clones would be better for most. Still can not imagine higher than 34% THC.

I will correct myself. RB-26 had one test of some clone, even higher.

S

SPG.

^He had one test @ 32.6/9%?,ld
..:yoinks: most i ever heard of some yrs ago was white russian @ 26.??%

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
they {elev8} have changed / thinned down the verbage on there site about GG4... but have yet to remove the pic....keep blasting them...

yortbogey

Veteran
and gets its name from the resin that covers the scissors when trimming.

WTF.... are U kidding me.... Low as low can go

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
In the about on that site, it says the glue was created by anonymous amateur breeders. Then go on to say that they put in the work and have bred for 5 generations to get 97% of the seeds to turn out like the original clone. That no other modern breeders go to the lengths they do, to produce seeds. Have they never heard of Karma genetics? Bondi?

They must have on hell of a facility to take so many clone only strains to f5 status and run the numbers it takes to get the select plants it would take to recreate a clone only in seed form. It reminds me of people getting my nugs and selling them with the tag that they grew it. Hacks!!!

yortbogey

Veteran
look @ the crap this dude spews ... full O' shitt Focertain... str8t from there FB page info...

We offer a variety of cannabis seeds considered to be some of the finest. Such as Gorilla glue, headband, green crack, girl scout cookies, cinex and more
Long Description
Early in my growing experience, it did not take long to realize the quality of the genetics is going to decide the quality of the outcome. After spending thousands of dollars on seeds, it was obvious that by far the vast majority of the seeds out there are mediocre at best. After investing years of building relationships with some very talented breeders and growers, we have obtained some of the best genetics in existence. Our mission is simple: to provide the best genetics in seed form to those that know the value of world-class genetics.

Our decision to carry a strain depends on whether we believe that strain to be a definite “keeper”. By working with large medical marijuana growers, we have had the opportunity to compare countless strains side by side in the same environment to find that top 1% that people search so hard for.

Our breeding strategy is three-fold:

To preserve and provide the best representation of classic strains in seed form. Over the years, it is becoming more difficult to find strains such as the original Sour Diesel, Cinderella 99 or UK Cheese that are identical to the original clone-only version. Too many seed companies don’t backcross the original enough to get regular seeds identical to the original and instead provide a watered-down version. The original cuttings are becoming increasingly scarce as years go by and eventually, these treasures could be lost. While some companies do provide some feminized seeds from self pollinated clone only strains, those strains move one more step towards disappearing forever if that company ceases to operate. By backcrossing five generations, a breeder can create regular seeds that are 97% original genetics. If the original male/strain is carefully selected to start the backcrossing and the best phenotypes are chosen from each generation, nothing is lost. If anything, yield, smell/taste and potency can be improved with careful breeding selection.
To preserve and provide the best representation of more current exceptional clone-only strains in seed form. Occasionally, anonymous amateur breeders create strains like Cinex, Gorilla Glue or Bruce Banner that are on par with some of the best strains ever created. At one time, Sour Diesel and Blue Dream fit in this category and the world would have never discovered these strains if growers and breeders hadn’t made these genetics available to other growers. These strains can sometimes be recreated if the original genetics are known or backcrossed so that these gems can be made available to the rest of the growing community.
To create new strains from elite genetics. Breeding is much more than crossing two strains and calling it a new strain. Only breeding stock that would qualify as a super rockstar by anyone that has grown her is considered. Before starting a breeding project, we determine what our goals are. For example, we may have a very tasty and potent indica that we want to add some sativa to design the perfect effect. After careful consideration and research, we may decide on a strain that we believe would be the perfect potential match to achieve the breeding goals. If we don’t already have the strain we want to work with, we search through our large network of breeders and growers. If we find a version that is exceptional, we begin the breeding and selection process. If we obtain the strain but we don’t feel that the genetics would be considered world-class, we scrap that particular project until one is found. If we believe a cross has exceptional effect, potency, taste, smell and bag appeal, then we release the strain.
We realize that patients invest considerable resources to create the best possible medicine. We take pride in our role of providing the best possible genetics .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Picture time :D Not looking forward to trimming this beast...

Attachments

• DSCN4777.jpg
    DSCN4777.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN4775.jpg
    DSCN4775.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Assholes like elev8 will always have a place as long as people buy seeds with no idea who they're buying from. I'm surprised swerve hasn't released a regular "gg4" "ibl" by now. It amazes me with how easily accessible information is on how big of crooks all these "breeders" are that they still win cups and make money.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
.... Breeding is much more than crossing two strains and calling it a new strain. Only breeding stock that would qualify as a super rockstar by anyone that has grown her is considered. Before starting a breeding project, we determine what our goals are....

I lost it...

super rockstar

LMFAO

rockstar%2521%2521.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts