What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrdogg

Veteran
If the shoe fits, wear it. For those that don't know Pal is a selfless man. He is in need of legal help his self. Instead of holding up a sign asking for help for his self he's passing the hat for jw. MAD :respect: my brother!!!!!!!!!!!

Good peeps are far and few in between, that's a good man, maybe we should shine the spotlight on this situation and see if we can help. PEACE!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Just cut down my first round of glue. I didnt think it was going to yield and quite frankly, this thread has built up the glue so much its almost hard to live up to the hype.

its incredibly aromatic, frosty with deep red pistils. Triched out but it didnt get as frosty as some of the macros on this thread show. Either way, its only been down for 7 days, just now going in glass. even these early tastes are extremely flavorful and potent...it could be just a new strain im smoking for the first time or the high really as potent as portended. good stuff!

will update with pics shortly. great job JW.

the nose always comes out in the jar once reached proper RH

didnt yield better than my berries but it was close.

marrdogg

Veteran
I operate the epaps on the 1000w setting but have turned operate to the 1150w setting with no problems. I also have no problem with productive light reaching lower areas on plants. I believe it's a matter of what your trying to accomplish with your light. Granted gavitas have a higher par value and deeper penetration than epaps which would work far better in a commercial setup where you might have 20' ceilings. But the average grower lives in a house with 8' ceilings, so now my question is, how much penetration do you need? PEACE! :)

gh0st9

Veteran
How can I donate to Pal or JW? I'm on the wrong coast lol... Paypal fund or anything?

The members of this community should always be supported, whether or not you have the cut, barring if those guys are scumbags/snitches, which I doubt most of us are.. No grower should be excluded from freedom due to them growing. Especially stand up guys (most of the guys here actually) like JW or Pal, or phillthy, or Foe...

vapeking

What about hydrofarms DE? You'd think they figured it out being the last to the market. My boy who owns a supply shop said theres not difference, the bulbs are the same. any thoughts? Just ordered 24. Anyone wanna buy some adjust a wings lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it says for use on 400v bulbs no problem. There are 2 bulbs on the market. Any digital ballast can fire DE bulbs 400v or not. Its how the ballast runs the 400v bulbs this is key to there efficient long life. The other none 400v bulbs are just like SE bulbs. They might have a higher PAR do to there design. Sooner or later everyone is going to forget about this small fact..

Standard DE bulb
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digimax-HPS...573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cede70325

400v bulb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gavita-Pro-...906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4636afd9aa

B

bringyalungs

what I discovered is the de lamp uses more power i.e. 1150w putting out 145,848 of lumens vs the se using 1000w and putting out 150,000 lumens. which to me doesn't make sense... can somebody help with this? why is the de "better"? is it more par?, if so doesn't a plant use up to a certain par, anything above that is not used by the plant making it a waste?

jw23ck11

Veteran
what I discovered is the de lamp uses more power i.e. 1150w putting out 145,848 of lumens vs the se using 1000w and putting out 150,000 lumens. which to me doesn't make sense... can somebody help with this? why is the de "better"? is it more par?, if so doesn't a plant use up to a certain par, anything above that is not used by the plant making it a waste?

Gavita de 1k is like looking at the sun. Makes traditional hortilux 1k look like a nightlight.

" lumens are for humans." -Gavita

pinkus

Veteran
just talked to a guy from Nanolux ... Guy knows his shit and I'm betting if they can compete with the marketing of Gavita they are going to compete well in the Grows :tiphat:

I'm going the other direction, an Illumitex neosol ns as I live in a hot f'in place. I'm running some GG#4xTWOG (GGTWOG) that's quite nice :biggrin:

TheArchitect

Veteran
Posted this in my thread, figured since y'all are on the topic right now it's appropriate to repost it.
I guess I could have at least given a layman's explanation with some more detailed links.

Basically a light gives off particles of light called photons. Photons within the 400-700nm wavelength are what plant use to fuel photosynthesis, and are referred to as PAR or photosynthetically active radiation.

It gets tricky here because par can be used two ways, but when talking about the actual energy levels we use the formula I'll explain next.

Now, the number of photons, measured in micro moles(umol), that hit a meter squared(m²) in one second(s¹) is called PAR or PPF. Photosynthetically active radiation, or photosynthetic photon flux respectively. They are interchangeable.

The number of photons, measured in moles(mol), that hit a m² in a day(d¹) is called daily light integral(DLI).

PAR=umol/m²/s¹
DLI=mol/m²/d¹

A quantum meter tells you PAR, to get DLI you multiply the par reading by the hours of light then multiply by 3600(seconds in a hour) then divide by 1,000,000.

25-30 moles seems to be a good, efficient target for high quality flowers, and tomatoes.
https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/ho/ho-238-w.pdf

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_light_integral

Thanks for stopping by.

B

bringyalungs

Absorption of Light
Light energy initiates the process of photosynthesis when pigments absorb the light. Organic pigments have a narrow range of energy levels that they can absorb. Energy levels lower than those represented by red light are insufficient to raise an orbital electron to an excited, or quantum, state. Energy levels higher than those in blue light will physically tear the molecules apart, a process called bleaching. For example, retinal pigments can only "see" (absorb) 700 nm to 400 nm light; this is visible light. For the same reasons, plant pigment molecules absorb only light in the wavelength range of 700 nm to 400 nm; plant physiologists refer to this range for plants as photosynthetically-active radiation

Source: Boundless. “Absorption of Light.” Boundless Biology. Boundless, 03 Jul. 2014. Retrieved 19 Mar. 2015 from https://www.boundless.com/biology/t...tosynthesis-81/absorption-of-light-375-11601/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts