What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Phase

Looking dank PF. What can I expect for flower stretch, is it not too bad? Curious the best height to flower at, I have 6.5 foot ceilings. I'm down to my last glue bud which sucks but I think I'm going to save it for the glue harvest day if I can. I'm pretty sure it's been in the top 3 frostiest buds I've had, unbelievable trichs

Attachments

• tmp_12548-Screenshot_2015-03-13-23-41-47-12056541971.jpg
    tmp_12548-Screenshot_2015-03-13-23-41-47-12056541971.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 10

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking dank PF. What can I expect for flower stretch, is it not too bad? Curious the best height to flower at, I have 6.5 foot ceilings. I'm down to my last glue bud which sucks but I think I'm going to save it for the glue harvest day if I can. I'm pretty sure it's been in the top 3 frostiest buds I've had, unbelievable trichs

If you only have 6.5' to work with you need to flower at no more then 18"-25". She is a stretcher up to 3x..I veg a long time that one is 60 days it will finish around 8.5' tall. Might be shorter she was trained to grow more bushy. I don't have any height issues. This one is in a 15g vegged 45 days no training just the lowers cleared. she is 6' tall just starting to slow the stretch should finish 7.5'.

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

If you only have 6.5' to work with you need to flower at no more then 18"-25". She is a stretcher up to 3x..I veg a long time that one is 60 days it will finish around 8.5' tall. Might be shorter she was trained to grow more bushy. I don't have any height issues. This one is in a 15g vegged 45 days to training just the lowers cleared. she is 6' tall just starting to slow the stretch should finish 7.5'.

View Image

Alpha, even if GG4 will stretch as much as PF mentioned it can very easily be trained to bush out and grow out, rather than up. It worked out very well in my situation with height restrictions. If you are worried about it getting too tall just top it a couple of times. Here is mine at harvest.

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
veg time will have a impact on height even if you train/top.. The one I just put in was topped 5x, with some LST. Its 4' tall just started the stretch. She was vegged 60 days.. To keep her short I would need to super crop as she grows. If you veg a short time you wont need to do much... Like what Overgrow is showing

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I already have the original unit. These are what I'm referring to.. I'm sure there are many that have these original all in 1 units. I'm surprised no one has tried to separate the ballast so a aftermarket hood could be used. I'm not gonna try it to expensive if ruined.. You can still find remote ballast on ebay. Look for Gavita Pro 1000 US electronic ballast. Current price 331.00$

http://www.gavita-holland.com/index...em/gavita-pro-1000-de-electronic-ballast.html

did you happen to read my last post in this thread?

Those are the ballasts that have been removed from the US market, there may be a few of them floating around in some web stores inventory but Gavita and Sunlight Supply are no longer distributing them in the US...

hydrofarm recently released the Phantom DE, which is sold like a standard 1-piece gavita fixture, it can be separated and you can add in a reflector extension cord, the reflector looks more like the e-pap than the gavita. I've been trying to find out more details about the phantom including whether or not it properly runs DE bulbs @ 400v...still more research to do, and probably some emails to product reps.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. I still see them on ebay ? If someone want's one better snatch them up unless you want a all in one. If I needed another one I would.

There are a few that make DE ballast now. Lumatek, SolisTeKk. I dont know if the ST runs at 400v. The Lumi says it does.

http://www.lumatek.co.uk/products/lumatek-pro-ballasts/44-lumatek-pro-1000

Key Specifications/Special Features:

• Lumatek Pro 1000W 400V Electronic Ballast for use with 400V HPS Horticultural Grow Lamps
  • Size L x W x H(mm): 318 x 166 x 96
  • Weight (Kg): 4.9
  • Case: Graduated Fin Aluminium
  • Dimming Range (W): 600W ‐ 750W ‐ 1000W - 1000SL (SL=~10% boost)

http://www.solis-tek.com/digital-ballasts/solistek-1000-DE-digital-ballast.html

SolisTek DE digital ballast now operates at 100+ kHz frequency, making it one of the highest frequency ballasts available on the market.
The SolisTek DE ballast will operate any double ended lamp at its optimal efficiency. We have matched double ended lamps in both HPS and MH.

StoneyK

Veteran
Nanolux makes a de setup, remote ballast an reg.
Im about to get a few, and they have the cloud control system so no more timers or relays and remote monitoring of your grow via android app in a few months they say.
Im running the nanlux reg 1k now with the cloud control an love it.
You can also adjust how fast your lights light up to simulate sunrise and sunset. Rqmp em up and down all day iff you want.
mine take an hour to get to full strength stay there for 4 hours then go to 110% for 2 then back down to 100 for 4 more then ramp down over an hour till shut down.
It all works with the de fixtures too.
I like the nanolux de fixtures cause the bulb holders are ceramic not plastic too.

W

wegobigupnorth

I'd kill to get a cutting of this up north in Canada....Beautiful pictures guys.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
GlueBreath- GG #4 x OGKB S1#3 - 7 weeks in.
starting to smell like cookies, profoundly sticky resin on this one.
she stretched huge like the glue but the bud structure is more cookie like.

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I need to stop naming them B4 I smoke them. I get excited.

I'm flowering 2 from that cross with the OGKB S1#3 girl who was potent but not really loud. she spit a handful of sacs at 3 weeks that i used.

the male that I found in my 5 OGKB bag seeds is getting his 1st run with all the girls in my harem. there's 2 GG#4's in there that had a shitty seat in my flower room so I decided to dust them down good.
I'm leaving them in the tent with him for a week with a good shake every other day.

you can't see a thing after I shake him in there. I hope he doesn't shoot blanks.:biggrin:

He has a nice structure with fast veg and the stretch and flower size is great.
He's really taking his time and releasing slowly for over 2 weeks now, looks like less than 25% of the sacs have opened so far.

picture.php

Grizz

Veteran
I need to stop naming them B4 I smoke them. I get excited.

I'm flowering 2 from that cross with the OGKB S1#3 girl who was potent but not really loud. she spit a handful of sacs at 3 weeks that i used.

the male that I found in my 5 OGKB bag seeds is getting his 1st run with all the girls in my harem. there's 2 GG#4's in there that had a shitty seat in my flower room so I decided to dust them down good.
I'm leaving them in the tent with him for a week with a good shake every other day.

you can't see a thing after I shake him in there. I hope he doesn't shoot blanks.:biggrin:

He has a nice structure with fast veg and the stretch and flower size is great.
He's really taking his time and releasing slowly for over 2 weeks now, looks like less than 25% of the sacs have opened so far.

View Image

he's just taking his time and enjoying himself. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts