What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrowWhatYaSmoke

My glue. GG#4 x Star Dawg 40+ days in veg

Attachments

• PICT1078.jpg
    PICT1078.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT1080.jpg
    PICT1080.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11

thewhitelotus

Veteran
This is indeed my first run with them. Ive always ran 600w so I couldnt really compare to a 1kw but I will tell you its blowing the 600w out of the water. With the 600s I used a 4x4 footprint but with the Gavita im at about 5x5 and im not seeing any low light areas throughout the canopy. My last run of Glue ended up yielding around 15.5 with the 4x4 footprint (only 4 plants mind you) and im thinking 20+ this go around with the gavita

Definitely going to be getting more of these :biggrin:

Today is actually the end of week 6....ill have to snap some pics when the lights go out tonight and post em in the AM.

vapeking

12-15 but 15 is pushing it,
some say 8 some say 12 but the dudes i know run 1 5 ton forced air split system for every 12 lights.

Cool that would be an easy switch for me since I'm now using 12 lights HPS with a 5 ton and have no cooling issues at all, but i do have ballasts outside of the room, and also burn propane inside the room, but temp has never been an issue. Just expensive because we have multiple rooms, but if it does as it says well worth it.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Depending on your location you may need a pressure head regulator to get full rated btu capacity when outdoor temps fall below 70 degrees. Depending on the unit too. Some have them like p series industrial mini splits Mitsubishi makes. P series makes up for the cost with being valued at almost double capacity at cold temps than their residential counterparts. Unlike residential units thier design stays at100% even on cold days because they intended for use when the main purpose for cooling is equipment in a confined space. Like a data server room

Grizz

Veteran
I have started a Gavita and epap disposal service, just set them on the curb and email me the addy and I will dispose of them for you,

marrdogg

Veteran
I would say I would give you these Josey when they went out, but you know me I'm subject to have them apart with soldering gun in hand!

vapeking

@vapeking imo gavitas/DE>vertizontals>AAW>A/C hoods in that order. I never use light movers, just more money i could spend on actual lighting. I jack my lights up to the top... then move my canopy/tables to where I want em. much easier that way stacking things on the ground rather than fiddle with the lights while reaching over a 3 ft canopy... better planning I always say, monocrop and dial, before moving to the gavitas

when i said light movers mine are self made with a cables and pulleys with an anchor and they move up and down. I start the lights high and gradually get them close to the canopy and by the end they are pretty close

vapeking

Depending on your location you may need a pressure head regulator to get full rated btu capacity when outdoor temps fall below 70 degrees. Depending on the unit too. Some have them like p series industrial mini splits Mitsubishi makes. P series makes up for the cost with being valued at almost double capacity at cold temps than their residential counterparts. Unlike residential units thier design stays at100% even on cold days because they intended for use when the main purpose for cooling is equipment in a confined space. Like a data server room

I don't have a mini split, it's a 5 ton HVAC. It turns on and off with a normal thermostat. I believe its a Goodman.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do wish someone would find away to separate the all in 1 units. I like the remote ballast better because of the after market hoods vs OEM. I liked the results from the aftermarket hoods better plus the added headroom witch isn't much but for those that don't have the hidth this will help. So if you want Gavita and don't have the headroom get remote ballast with adjust-a-wiings..

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I do wish someone would find away to separate the all in 1 units. I like the remote ballast better because of the after market hoods vs OEM. I liked the results from the aftermarket hoods better plus the added headroom witch isn't much but for those that don't have the hidth this will help. So if you want Gavita and don't have the headroom get remote ballast with adjust-a-wiings..

here's an inquiry I recently made to gavita:

GavitaHolland; said:
Date: 2015-03-10 01:11:55 http://www.gavita-holland.com/helpdesk/print.php?track=SVD-MNP-QRYG Message:
Hi,

I'm very interested in upgrading my current HPS/MH halide fixtures to DE Gavita fixtures, although I do have height restrictions which make the remote ballast/lamp combo most ideal.

I'd like to know if the gavitas pro remote 1000w ballast is still available/in production? my garden supply store called sunlight supply regarding the pro 1000w remote ballast as it was unavailable to order online through his vendor account. They told him that they were no longer carrying that specific ballast. So, my question is will the pro remote ballasts be available again soon? and if they are being phased out of production will a similar product be available soon?

Am I correct in my assumption that the gavitas pro ballast is the one that is designed to run the DE Phillips 400v bulb? also that the gavitas digistar ballast is the rough equivalent of a standard digital ballast made for running standard mogul based HPS/MH lights? Also, although this may be a bit of a conflict of interest; if there are currently no available options for a Gavita brand remote ballast that will properly illuminate the 400v Phillips bulbs, are there any other options outside of the Gavita brand that can?

Thank you for your time.

Date: 2015-03-13 12:31:56 Name: Yuri Kenter Message:
Dear ,

It is true that this product is unavailable, our distributor made the choice to not sell this product any longer.
We are busy with developing an e-series 1000W remote ballast but that will not come out any time soon.
Yes the Gavita Pro 1000W Remote ballast is designed to run the Philips 1000W 400V double ended bulb.
The DigiStar ballast runs on a lower frequency so yes for the single ended bulbs.
There is on this moment no different 1000W remote system that i can recommend but if you have 2ft height from canopy to bulb i would say go with the 600W full fixtures in staid of the 1000W.

Best regards, met vriendelijke groet,

Yuri Kenter

Gavita Holland bv
Oosteinderweg 127
1432 AH Aalsmeer
The Netherlands
www.gavita-holland.com

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I already have the original unit. These are what I'm referring to.. I'm sure there are many that have these original all in 1 units. I'm surprised no one has tried to separate the ballast so a aftermarket hood could be used. I'm not gonna try it to expensive if ruined.. You can still find remote ballast on ebay. Look for Gavita Pro 1000 US electronic ballast. Current price 331.00$

http://www.gavita-holland.com/index...em/gavita-pro-1000-de-electronic-ballast.html

Alpha Phase

I'm going to sub this thread and watch the greatness. I was gifted some glue cuts and finally got them rooted and beginning veg. It's the 9 clones in the ebb system. Honesty can not wait to flower this dankness out soon. Wish I knew about this great strain much sooner but now is better than never. tmp_3317-20150313_213823-873839773.jpg

tmp_3317-20150313_184521-650092283.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts