What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since I was showing off my nice work the other day it's only fair to show off the not so great, I am human after all and don't nail it every time lol. This is why I say she's picky/finicky. This is a pic in week six. Just kinda stalled out and stopped growing. She will still probably put out 16-20 on this run but compared to my best run that sux.

View Image

Fuck that's weird that she's stalling on you but looks so healthy and green I would have no idea what the culprit is.... How often do you change your bulbs?

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Ca bicarbonate is not plant available unless you are willing to drop the water pH to 4.5...are you?

Ill be the very first to admit everyday is a new wealth of information for me in regards to plant biology and i appreciate ya steering me in the direction of new info.

When you say that Ca bicarbonate is not available, im assuming you are referring to the calcium in my tap water? My analysis that was done shows calcium in amounts of 8.8 mg/l. total hardness coming in at 34 mg/l

What about the 18% Ca in calcium nitrate?

Thanks again :tiphat:

gh0st9

Veteran
Ill be the very first to admit everyday is a new wealth of information for me in regards to plant biology and i appreciate ya steering me in the direction of new info.

When you say that Ca bicarbonate is not available, im assuming you are referring to the calcium in my tap water? My analysis that was done shows calcium in amounts of 8.8 mg/l. total hardness coming in at 34 mg/l

What about the 18% Ca in calcium nitrate?

Thanks again :tiphat:

yes generally... Most of the Ca in muncipal tap water is Ca Bicarbonate, good for pH buffering bad for actual plant uptake

gh0st9

Veteran
If you have any further general questions about plant nutrients, do a search on "fatman" was member on multiple forums(he's got a whole thread dedicated to him at the farm nutrient subforum) before being booted for attitude problems apparently.. He does a pretty good job of breaking it down in a easily digestible format, not so sure how sound some of his findings were, never read in depth just gave it a quick lookover, but leagues ahead of what most growers/nute companies/basic mmj info will tell ya.

gh0st9

Veteran
Whitelotus, your ec seems on point.. Other than fucking around with raw base salts. It would be hard to tweak your npk/ca levels. Don't have enough experience with Jacks to tell ya, I would say milky is bang on though, too many people get Ca as a secondary all wrong, secondary is considered that not bc its needed in lower levels, but bc its usually readily available in native soil...

I would start a log of what you're feeding- when, and from run to run how its working, any ticks/hiccups, etc. and ask Str8edge whats up I know hes killin it with Jacks and has pretty good understanding of it, plus he runs the glue pretty regularly, maybe he could give you pointers on why youre stalling out..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just changed mine after 1.5 years.. If I don't notice any diff I wont be changing them again for a very long time. I don't use ca Never needed it. I only add Silica in veg and only a few x. It's more of a preventative then anything else. Everything else I use is Organic.. I just put a glue in flower. She is in a 20g smartie, Vegged 60 days and trained for a more bushy growth.

CHEFfy

Haha... Just about to change my DE bulbs for the first time. 2+ years with no discernible decrease in output. Also, harvested my first batch of glue. Not a great yield, but learned what she wants and the product is on point.

Loose Cannon

^thats crazy because i brought up a few trays of blue dream cuts here to Butte in 2013 and everybody complained it was crap, and rightfully so. still pulled a decent yield, but the smell and flavor was not real blue dream. we ran the real blue dream side by side and it was night and day difference. theres ended up being called "pineapple" by alot of us because it just smelled like bland pineapples and was basic green bud.

really disappointed that they couldn't even get a basic blue dream cut right. and their Chem4 was pretty mediocre vigor wise, plants succumbed to fusarium or something within 2 days of buying at harbor side. their whitefirealien and purple alien were decent frosty plants, but very little flavor either.

Yea, I don't get it either because, of course, it's DHNs Blue Dream that all these guys did and are doing again.
Perhaps a change from '13 - '14?
I dunno but I DO know my nephew had his best outdoor run in '13 w same BD from DHN.
He was quite happy and I have ZERO doubt you and your associates are light years ahead of the kid.
Sacramento area

vapeking

Are Gavitas worth it? Have 15ft. ceilings with light movers and HVAC system. Currently use 1000 HPS Hortilux. Use in a sealed room with Co2. Been thinking of switching but don't want to fix it if ain't broke.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
you mean to tell me you have 15ft ceilings and you're not already running gavitas?

the way I look at it every run that i'm using a standard hps instead of a gavita is costing me at very least 1/2# per light per run

do you want a car than gets 15mpg or 30mpg? same car just different mileage.

I personally feel like there is more than enough feedback on them at this point...are there any more huge commercial ops that aren't running them? I haven't seen any recently

Jhhnn

Veteran
you mean to tell me you have 15ft ceilings and you're not already running gavitas?

the way I look at it every run that i'm using a standard hps instead of a gavita is costing me at very least 1/2# per light per run

I personally feel like there is more than enough feedback on them at this point...are there any more huge commercial ops that aren't running them? I haven't seen any recently

So what are the dry yields with HPS & with Gavitas? Not the difference but rather the numbers.

vapeking

Probably gonna try a room with them, So you have to use light movers (up and down?) How high do you want them and how many could a 5 ton HVAC cool?

vapeking

Currently use Large Adjust A wings and get great results, but pretty new to the threads and been hearing about these. Im old school not really in the social mix talking shop if you know what i mean. LOL

jw23ck11

Veteran
Glue under Hortilux 1k = a ton
Glue under Gavita 1k = a shit ton!

picture.php
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.