What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh0st9

Veteran
Lookin good third, I don't see enough glue shots on your IG lol. Spitxfire here btw :tiphat:

But that sucks about the run... Automated feed right? Time to do some sleuthing, I know that you know she can put out. Just gotta manhandle her right... Don't give up on her, I know once you figure it out, you'll crush it

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Ah, hey there. Part of the reason I switched to Jacks was cause with my RO I was having to add too much Calmg which of course was jacking up the N more than I liked.

Got a new run going from start on the Jacks so we'll see if that helps although I must say the other girls growing with the glues have better looking fans at this point, the glue has dark dark green fans. I just don't think she needs much N to keep her green. But then what do I know?

gh0st9

Veteran
Definitely with ya on that one... I found MJ likes lower N and higher Ca levels than what most people put in already... Jacks is simple as all hell, got a small sample from a friend and I was surprised how cleanly it mixed up.

Yeah with nute lines, I found everything works better if I just follow through with the same feed throughout the grow and then switching next run, rather than switching half way through... Might just be me though, I've proven to myself to be a barely functioning tard

Budley Doright

Veteran
Ah, hey there. Part of the reason I switched to Jacks was cause with my RO I was having to add too much Calmg which of course was jacking up the N more than I liked.

Got a new run going from start on the Jacks so we'll see if that helps although I must say the other girls growing with the glues have better looking fans at this point, the glue has dark dark green fans. I just don't think she needs much N to keep her green. But then what do I know?

Jacks and peters is virtually the same thing...... jacks has higher levels of calcium and magnesium.... and a better choice for RO......

Im using tapwater and peters.... but have no issues with calcium magnesium....

Id be very interested if in the levels you are using.....

Im currently using about 650 range...(tapwater)

but only have the GG as a mom to this point.....

Im going to be taking clones in a couple weeks.......

then I can flower my GG and death star.......

Now that I know who is also using jacks.....

I will be a 'watchin

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I have stayed with PBP. It's treated me well for a very long time....Plus I love the way it smells lol..

TheArchitect

Veteran
Nope I run a sealed and gassed environment so temps, humidity and co2 levels stay the same year round. This run was started on the same nute schedule as my best run ever. To be honest my last few runs with her have been disappointments. This run is even in the same half of the same tray as my best run(in case the ac blowing had any effect).

Got a few plants that I run that will give me 40 per light every run without fail. That's why I say she is not such an easy plant to grow, at least in my room. It sounds like others have better luck with her.:tiphat:

Not ready to give her up yet though...

Have you tried monitoring media ec?

cyat

Veteran
third.

Ive had the same prob on and off with the glue...the top nugs will look sqaure-ish and never fill out.. last run was a qp under a 1k

i think its from overfeeding phosphorus too early, not sure tho

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
That's why I have stayed with PBP. It's treated me well for a very long time....Plus I love the way it smells lol..

what kinda numbers are you getting from the gavitas? and what were your numbers like running under standard hps? I used to get around 1# and some change per/1kw running just standard yielding strains that average about 1.5/per on canna

I love pbp but feel like it's biggest limitation is yield potential, but possibly I just didn't give it enough time once I got to the point where I had ideal conditions. the one run that I was using pbp that looked like it was going to yield really well got jacked(4kw) at around 7 weeks...haven't ran it since then, considering they took all my nutes too.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Jacks and peters is virtually the same thing...... jacks has higher levels of calcium and magnesium.... and a better choice for RO......

Im using tapwater and peters.... but have no issues with calcium magnesium....

Id be very interested if in the levels you are using.....

Im currently using about 650 range...(tapwater)

but only have the GG as a mom to this point.....

Im going to be taking clones in a couple weeks.......

then I can flower my GG and death star.......

Now that I know who is also using jacks.....

I will be a 'watchin

I too am a Jack's user, but i use tap water. Where i am it doesnt even register on my blue lab. I was wondering if even the Jacks+CalNit might be too much N. 5-12-26 with the CalNit at 15-0-0

gh0st9

Veteran
at what ec are you feeding at whitelotus? as i said earlier jmo but most people feed too much N already in most regular nute lines, but it works... If you aren't having problems then I would say keep feeding at that strength, if you show problems dial it back just a bit and you should have no problems... I've never heard of Jacks+calnit giving problems of N toxicity generally

milkyjoe

Veteran
I too am a Jack's user, but i use tap water. Where i am it doesnt even register on my blue lab. I was wondering if even the Jacks+CalNit might be too much N. 5-12-26 with the CalNit at 15-0-0

It is far too little Ca and way, way, way too much K. Get some tissue analysis done...N=Ca=K is a most excellent starting point. Think you need more...axe yourself, what K sink exists in an mj plant?

If you don't understand the question....well, you might have the wrong hobby. Sorry but I am done being nice about basic biology. Horace Marchner...read his book...standard college biology book

thewhitelotus

Veteran
i dont go above 1.0 ec in veg and 1.2 MAX in flower, but mainly a solid 1.0 EC all the way through for the most part

Just running into something similar to what Third Coast is.....things seemed stalled although they are starting to fill out more now. Might be just worrying about nothing, but we shall see when all is said n done.

This was the start of week 6....just going from memory I could have sworn they were larger the last 2 runs but my memory could be mistaken
picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

thewhitelotus

Veteran
It is far too little Ca and way, way, way too much K. Get some tissue analysis done...N=Ca=K is a most excellent starting point. Think you need more...axe yourself, what K sink exists in an mj plant?

If you don't understand the question....well, you might have the wrong hobby. Sorry but I am done being nice about basic biology. Horace Marchner...read his book...standard college biology book

too little Ca? I have a fairly decent amount in my water if the water analysis is in fact correct and the calcium nitrate is 18% Ca.....thats too little?

somoz

Veteran
yeah, this might go sideways real quick up in here if we get into the microbiodome and available micro/macro nutrient discussion....i understand your question milkyjoe but i couldn't find any information on Horace Machner?

gh0st9

Veteran
I'd rep ya milky but I'm all out of reps today... Dropping some knowledge... I swear the amount of growers who needs to put down Cervantes and pick up a basic biology 1 book.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what kinda numbers are you getting from the gavitas? and what were your numbers like running under standard hps? I used to get around 1# and some change per/1kw running just standard yielding strains that average about 1.5/per on canna

I love pbp but feel like it's biggest limitation is yield potential, but possibly I just didn't give it enough time once I got to the point where I had ideal conditions. the one run that I was using pbp that looked like it was going to yield really well got jacked(4kw) at around 7 weeks...haven't ran it since then, considering they took all my nutes too.

PBP is my base nutrient. I also use Humic and Kelp with it. Over the years the base has stayed the same. The additives have changed. I have settled on primordial solutions.. When I was using vertical it was obvious the yield was better. When I switched 1 light to Gavita that side was better. After I had a few runs in I switched the other lights as well. I tried 1 plant vegged 87 days in a 5g square pot witch yielded 13.8oz. I can get 2 per light pretty easy from the glue. I had never done this before so cant compare to vertical. I enjoy growing it also keeps my mind off health issues. You wont find me complaining about the extra cash:biggrin: .

Status
Not open for further replies.