What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
42 zips!!! I need a backiotomy just thinkin bout that weight.

Damn you!!!! Saw your name an now I want taco's

Haha, taco's were slamming!

Dude... How.

Teach me your ways.. Is that the most you've ever pulled?

My record is 32z.

Bare bulb, no light cooled reflectors..? Gavitas? Feeding them liquid gold and the blood of virgins? Any rituals I need to know.. ? I already do the one that involves reading the script from "the view" episode 342 where Rosie odonnel comes on.. Then I de feather a live chicken and feed it lobster bisque.. There's more but ya know.. Shit gets deep

Yeah, that was a record. Gavita on 1000 for most of the grow, co2 on 900 ppm and a bit of luck I guess cause I haven't been able to hit it again. 4 plants went 10,10,11,11.

It takes a lot of fat ass colas.

picture.php

TheArchitect

Veteran
Once you have dialed in your environment and plants are healthy its all about your canopy...Not sure if you have ever done a SOG 12/12 from clone but that's how your canopy should look- Big cola's lined up like corn. They should be right next to eachother if you want to maximize yield.

And Gavita DE's vs Standard HPS bulbs is like comparing apples to oranges. Gavita's cover up to a 6x6 foot print if 3-4 ft from canopy while your standard 1000w HPS bulb does 4x4.

If your not rocking Co2 or gavita's and their 6x6 footprint....your missing out on as much as 50% yield per light. Most people have limited spaces but if were talking commercial...switch to Gavita.

Just had to comment on this, I agree with everything but the light footprints.

For single ended bulbs

If your not running, at a minimum, 25sqft/1kw you're wasting light.

I'm there, DJM is pushing 30/sqft per 1k. Buds are still huge, and actually better than more intense 4x4 placement.

For de, I haven't played with them yet but if they are 10% better, then a minimum of about 30sqft should be used, but like u said 36 is good, maybe even 42.

jw23ck11

Veteran
HOLY SHIT TC, my hero! Those are the most perfect formed gg4 colas I've ever seen! I got 39 first gavita and I know I can beat that thanks to icmag and the scrog king haha

Gg4 26 days
Finally got the new gavitas in the mail and after a week under 600w mh (all i had) they are lovin their new indoor sun
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The one I have in a 20g smart should yield large. 60 day veg,Topped 5x trained to grow bushy instead of tall. I did one in a much smaller square pot with a 87 day veg she gave up 13.8oz. I want to see if the larger pot makes up for a shorter veg time.

Be sure to post results when all is said and done. I'm making the switch from more plants in 5 gallons to half the plants vegged longer in 7 gallon pots. I'm hoping for similar results.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
My grow room will look like you guys rooms when she grows up, lol

Ditto, I look forward to being able to stand up all the way and not work all hunched over anymore.

Haha, taco's were slamming!

Yeah, that was a record. Gavita on 1000 for most of the grow, co2 on 900 ppm and a bit of luck I guess cause I haven't been able to hit it again. 4 plants went 10,10,11,11.

It takes a lot of fat ass colas.

View Image

HOLY SHIT TC, my hero! Those are the most perfect formed gg4 colas I've ever seen! I got 39 first gavita and I know I can beat that thanks to icmag and the scrog king haha

Gg4 26 days
Finally got the new gavitas in the mail and after a week under 600w mh (all i had) they are lovin their new indoor sun
View Image View Image

View Image

You guys have me really looking forward to my 2nd glue run now that I know how she grows. :yes:

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
My experience with GG4 has been just the opposite. I fed her more than twice as much as most everyone on this forum feeds their glues, the pH has been as high as 7.3, I've bent her and broken her and she just bounces right back. I only have one GG4, she is under 1000w and she is doing great.
I think our different grow experiences just show what an amazing strain she is. The book is still being written about GG4.

This is my first attempt at growing and I think she is turning out just fine.

I hear you on this one too. I kept listening to everybody saying again and again on here that she is a light feeder and to lay off the Nitrogen. My previous run was only with one but I felt like the whole time she was screaming at me that she was hungry. I didn't listen and was behind the deficiency half the run. Not this time, I mixed up some nice soil this time and let it cook. I'll also be feeding heavier as well. I think that all the "She's a light feeder, don't give her too much Nitrogen" comes from people feeding with synthetic nutrients and I use exclusively organics. I'm hoping that's what the difference is.

jw23ck11

Veteran
If you feed too much just get more light lol

I veg these girls long time. 130 days they got stuck in a 10g pot waiting. What I've learned the most is gg hates to be spread wide after growing so tall. So, this time I let her go up a little more. All the weight comes from the tops, so cut all that shit under neath off.lol.

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to crowded spaces under the scrog. 4' tall scrog, 10' double scrog, and 7' glues. Makes watering easier haha
picture.php

Yeah there's a million ways to skin a gorilla lolz....I switched from organics to heavy 16 and am getting better yields but not as much forgiveness as far as over feeding but overall I am happy with my switch.. I have a lot to learn still but I really appreciate that I can come on here and get so many points of view because it really speeds up the learning process.. for most of us I'm sure I can say the best is yet to come

born2blaaz

Although I am not fortunate enough to have a cut off this special plant; I have been able to smoke it a few times as a friend of mine has a cut. Undoubtedly in my top 5 all time favorites. Has the taste and strength I love and need for medical purposes. Big thanks and shout out to Joesy for this plant

StoneyK

Veteran
The glue slows right down as soon as I over feed, I NEVER go above 850 ppm now she taught me my lesson...lol
I wonder what enviornmental factors could be possibly makin her eat more and like it? For me she eats like a super model on a diet...lol
Co2 enrichment? More light? Ive noticed the glue doesn't like cooler temps either for me she slows down like I over fed. 75-80 seems to be her sweet spot for me.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
The glue slows right down as soon as I over feed, I NEVER go above 850 ppm now she taught me my lesson...lol
I wonder what enviornmental factors could be possibly makin her eat more and like it? For me she eats like a super model on a diet...lol
Co2 enrichment? More light? Ive noticed the glue doesn't like cooler temps either for me she slows down like I over fed. 75-80 seems to be her sweet spot for me.

Plants metabolism works in a similar way to ours.. More light/heat they will need more nutrition, and vice a versa..

milkyjoe

Veteran
Ion balance. Get it wrong and you cause lock outs and things stall. Get it right and you cause faster growth with higher levels. We keep the plant in a vegetative state by not letting it pollinate...therfore photosynthesis is the limiting factor on yield

That "tip burn" people think is caused by "overfeeding" is actually a Ca lockout caused by oversupply of other base cations.

I learned the hard way with temps... Last run I kept ac on during lights off thinking I could get nice color well I did get color plus about half my normal yield..son of a bitch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts