What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlaser

Veteran
The only trick is an activated tea of some sort with aerocloners. Microbe tea that most RDWC guys use to keep the cyanobacteria at bay.

Bleach between uses does nothing, physan20 does more, also breaks down into nitrogen in 4 days and is more friendly with adding beneficials between cleanings. Bleach sticks to plastics too much.

i like coco if im going into coco. but i prefer oasis. holds the most oxygen.
Yeah Physan20 is a nice alternative, one of few that is listed for viruses as well as a lot more.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The #1 reason I like an EZ-Cloner over clear domes and RW cubes or jiffy pellets and the like, is because I can use cuts that have 5 or 6 nodes on them. I dont need to use small cuts in order to fit in the dome and I can grow the roots much longer, which means 2 weeks veg time shaved off the cycle before the flip. I set it and forget it. 10 days later, this is what I got.
The root systems will fill the pots in much quicker. Theres no stall after t/p into soil. The clones will continue to grow during the 10 days in the cloner. The clones are a nice size when they go into soil.
They dont yellow out at all. Even the leaves 5 nodes down at the bottom stay green and healthy.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Im not saying that this way is better or not. For me, this is what works and I love it. It fits my style of growing and keeps this gardener very happy. This round of GG#4 cuts, I used a cheap cloning gel and still got these results. The Olivias Clone Solution has just the right amount of nutrients to keep the cuts happy and healthy until t/p day.
I scrape 2 sides of the stem, 1/4 inch, at the bottom of the stem so the clonex can absorb into it for 1 minute before going into the cloner so it doesnt necessarily wash off per se, since it worked its way into the tip of the stem and absorbed into the outer skin. The access is washed off but sorta reabsorbed through the rez spraying the stems in a very watered down way.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
The #1 reason I like an EZ-Cloner over clear domes and RW cubes or jiffy pellets and the like, is because I can use cuts that have 5 or 6 nodes on them. I dont need to use small cuts in order to fit in the dome and I can grow the roots much longer, which means 2 weeks veg time shaved off the cycle before the flip. I set it and forget it. 10 days later, this is what I got.
The root systems will fill the pots in much quicker. Theres no stall after t/p into soil. The clones will continue to grow during the 10 days in the cloner. The clones are a nice size when they go into soil.
They dont yellow out at all. Even the leaves 5 nodes down at the bottom stay green and healthy.
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Im not saying that this way is better or not. For me, this is what works and I love it. It fits my style of growing and keeps this gardener very happy. This round of GG#4 cuts, I used a cheap cloning gel and still got these results. The Olivias Clone Solution has just the right amount of nutrients to keep the cuts happy and healthy until t/p day.
I scrape 2 sides of the stem, 1/4 inch, at the bottom of the stem so the clonex can absorb into it for 1 minute before going into the cloner so it doesnt necessarily wash off per se, since it worked its way into the tip of the stem and absorbed into the outer skin. The access is washed off but reabsorbed through the rez spraying the stems.

you should have seen the size of the cuts I just rooted in RR's, stems were larger diameter then a pencil by a decent amount, all were tops and in the 8-10" range with multiple nodes and side shoots. I get a little yellowing of the bottom leaves as roots are appearing, but also had the same thing happen when using an aero. it doesn't bother me though, I just pluck em off and I never even knew they were there hahaha. My buddy has rooted a couple broken tops that were like 2ft tall bushes in his DIY aero, they took a while but they rooted and grew.

you should try Dip'n'grow, it's got some type of alcohol as a base and it penetrates the cuttings well in a 15 second dip, it is definitely absorbed before it drips off, and would probably be an ideal pre-aero dip...I didn't start using it until after the aero got put up for the season, but I imagine that in combination with the aero the results would be great.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Dip n grow for the win! I'm doing a side by side right now tho with dip n grow and a rooting powder i got from the nursery, bonide or some shit. then i got some that i dipped in the dip n grow, then the rooting powder, should be interesting, everything labeled so i can know my results.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Dip n grow for the win! I'm doing a side by side right now tho with dip n grow and a rooting powder i got from the nursery, bonide or some shit. then i got some that i dipped in the dip n grow, then the rooting powder, should be interesting, everything labeled so i can know my results.

Bet the Bonide stuff wins, same stuff as the powder at Home Depot, 10X the rooting hormone..

redlaser

Veteran
I usually use dip n grow because the strength can be adjusted and it has both IBA and NA. Couldn't find it though and used the end of a clonex bottle and it was no bueno. Back to dipngrow

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use dip & grow or woods on my gg4 clones (all of them really) in rockwool cubes on in trays with domes on heatmats (with thermostats) if needed

Kalyx

My Glues are blowing up! How long do they stretch for? I'm at 10 days flower atm.

Im still flowering my first clone and just had another go in about 2 weeks ago. The first one seemed to stretch for about 24-26 days for me and seemed to stretch about 250-300%. Others with more experience might have a different opinion.

-Kalyx

Usually I pot in the tall 5 gallon pots and get a lot of stretch into week 4-4.5 as stated by Mack 10 but this round I used 5 gallon short fat pots and have had minimal stretch which I'm not hyped about because I pulled them out of veg expecting them to grow taller in flower...they do seem bushier than normal, have to see if the change of pots makes a difference in yield but have 5 weeks to go

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Bet the Bonide stuff wins, same stuff as the powder at Home Depot, 10X the rooting hormone..

Im curious to see if the dip n grow then bonide dip beats um both, or if thats too much. I know dip n grow has alcohol or something in it to help penetrate into the plant.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Im curious to see if the dip n grow then bonide dip beats um both, or if thats too much. I know dip n grow has alcohol or something in it to help penetrate into the plant.

Been having 100% success with for over a year with a $60 cloner that NEVER sees any kind of additive/hormone and has NEVER cleaned, just topped off!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Thanks guys, damn...I hope they don't go 4.5 weeks or I'm going to need another screen up lol. When you guys like to harvest her at? I hear some say 58 and others say 63.

Peace,
HGO

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Been having 100% success with for over a year with a $60 cloner that NEVER sees any kind of additive/hormone and has NEVER cleaned, just topped off!

Bay Area has chloramine yea? Think that might have something to do with it? My well water cloners got slimed hard even with the addition of chlorine..

Mad Lab

that is the only way to really have success if deciding to not go the activated tea route: never cleaning the aerocloner. the day you clean it because you think its time for sanitation, the day it will stop working.

must have something to do with the cyanobacteria as well. likely some sort of beneficials become present in the cloner, but die with a bleach cleaning. the cyanobacteria doesnt really notice bleach much, and soon dominates the cloner.

this is why i think most people get great results when they dont even change the water between cloning cycles. maybe good advice to transplant your clones before the roots are allowed to touch the water in those cases.

Last edited:

Mad Lab

Bay Area has chloramine yea? Think that might have something to do with it? My well water cloners got slimed hard even with the addition of chlorine..

chloromines are counterproductive for battling slime. they just kill possible beneficals that are competing with food while not affecting the cyanobacteria much.

best results with chloromine and chlorine free water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts