What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyjoe

Veteran
When you use chitosan for an isr where does the energy come from. Plant has to steal it from some other process. My opinion is if you use it you better be driving photosynthesis as hard as your light allows.

Isr has to be energy intensive...like an adrenaline burst in us...or so someone once claimed

Edit...and if you have spare energy is it best used for isr or phospholipid creation which also protects against sap suckers? Hmmm...I got no answer

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
They sell em at dunkin donuts!!!

Deez I never have to harden off RW clones. I don't use a dome. Set a tray on my veg room floor and keep moist n they root I plant done

Try without a dome. If u soak them a day before your stick in cubes or fill the tray with enough water for them to sit in it for the day they stay hydrated and don't need a dome. Once they go a day or two and still standing u know your solid if they stay moist.
Are you Jell'n? :pimp3:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
interesting questions. thanks. good to look into.

i do drive hard with light in cloning actually. hence the reason i run out of food and foliar. i like the results more but it requires a lil more attention to the cuttings to make sure its helping not hurting them.i get as close as a foot and a half from an 8 bank t5 or a few feet from a hps or halide
When you use chitosan for an isr where does the energy come from. Plant has to steal it from some other process. My opinion is if you use it you better be driving photosynthesis as hard as your light allows.

Isr has to be energy intensive...like an adrenaline burst in us...or so someone once claimed

Edit...and if you have spare energy is it best used for isr or phospholipid creation which also protects against sap suckers? Hmmm...I got no answer

milkyjoe

Veteran
I was talking general growing. Not cloning.

I personally avoid chitosan in cloning. I want the cut to focus its energy on rooting period. If the mother is not healthy it is too late to induce isr in the cut...imo.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran

Any time you start tinkering with polymers that control metabolic processes you are playing with fire...

You're pretty familiar with my methodology and approach and by now should know that you could compare it to putting a big cube 3 stage nitrous engine in to a Nova...

My idea is that in the presence of certain microbes that produce hormone like ATP plants are prepared to receive that adrenaline boost...

I'll either grow more pot this year or all my stuff will die. That's usually how it goes. I'm hoping for the former.:tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
Any time you start tinkering with polymers that control metabolic processes you are playing with fire...

You're pretty familiar with my methodology and approach and by now should know that you could compare it to putting a big cube 3 stage nitrous engine in to a Nova...

My idea is that in the presence of certain microbes that produce hormone like ATP plants are prepared to receive that adrenaline boost...

I'll either grow more pot this year or all my stuff will die. That's usually how it goes. I'm hoping for the former.:tiphat:

If we're gonna be sciencey, ATP isn't a hormone. It is a nucleotide produced within the mitochondria of each cell.

milkyjoe

Veteran

Yep...but I also know most bottle growers use high N and K and low 1s ec...that don't provide enough energy to support processes like isr.

And I am with bobble on atp. No life period without atp...and how many threads here

The balance of ca v p is the most important health ratio there is...it determines sap pH.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Tissue analysis ideals...N=Ca=K. You get N And K above Ca and you have invited first pests and then disease.

Tissue...P = 1/5 Ca.

Take a look at, say lucas ratios...high n and k compared to ca.

My opinion...yours may be different

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no Opinion. What I use give me excellent results at harvest. I dot pay much attention to it. Been using the same base for 10+ years now. You must be referring to chem nutrients?

milkyjoe

Veteran
And that is fair enough pf. I totally agree based on your pics. But don't throw chitosan in your mix without more energy

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh I don't use that.. I just posted it from what others are using to take care of the nematodes. I use Humic and some other Organic additives.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Fwiw I haven't witnessed any difference in clones treated with or without. As far as chito is concerned if anything I've noticed them being more vigorous frosted and potent but I'm not necessarily attributing it to the treatments. What energy hungry action that is caused by what ever effect you're referring to is either not happening or its so subtle its unnoticeable. The plants more or less seem the same.

Mad Lab

I went from rapid rooters to aero machine to strait coco. had the same issue with cloner machines, they work a few rounds then something goes wrong, i cleaned with bleach, ph'd, n everything i could think of n it just wouldn't work. coco the easiest, no domes needed, just get it wet, dip in some dip n grow n put it in the coco then forget it. This was working damn near 100% until the root aphids hit...

The only trick is an activated tea of some sort with aerocloners. Microbe tea that most RDWC guys use to keep the cyanobacteria at bay.

Bleach between uses does nothing, physan20 does more, also breaks down into nitrogen in 4 days and is more friendly with adding beneficials between cleanings. Bleach sticks to plastics too much.

i like coco if im going into coco. but i prefer oasis. holds the most oxygen.

Status
Not open for further replies.